• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Been getting closer to getting everything to work for more but recently hit a roadblock what with the new update and such. I have gotten the last version to work ok but the difference between the old CKIIplus files and the new ones caused me to get a "e_of_papal_state" title that didn't exist lol. Now that ive made it a good ways into my current game I have tried to convert that one, redownloaded all the converter files and merged the common folder of the CKII plus mod over the common in the main CKII folder and began the conversion. It crashed while generating opinion modifiers and didn't give me a single error in the logs =/. Any idea what this might entail?

If it's from 1.09 or 1.091, that's a known bug. And if I can just get a few more changes in, I'll be able to release the 1.09-compatible version of the converter.

Anyway to fix this or am I stuck playing an Italian York?

If you're specifically concerned about a single country, it's easy enough to add to country_mappings.txt. Genoa is a kingdom-tier title in new patches, but when we originally wrote the mappings, it was duchy-tier. At some point, someone (maybe even me) will go through and add mappings for the new titles.

In the meantime, if you want to solve that specific problem, you can add (in the Kingdoms section) a line like:

link = { CK2 = k_genoa EU3 = GEN } # Genoa

You'll probably find that it's not possible to get all the mappings right, but if it's just a few that really bug you, they're easy to fix.

I'm guessing you held the both of the Kingdoms of Norway and Sweden? The converter will make those PUs (or if the various laws are right, merge them). It's configurable, incidentally.

And that error is the most obvious of the symptoms of our not yet supporting 1.091. We've fixed it internally, but we need some time for the new succession types.
I held the kingdom of Norway,Denmark, Finland and the duchesy of Estonia and held part of Latvia and Lithuania.
And Yes Sweden still lives:p I did not have time to consume it before game ended. I also needed 400 piety to create Scandinavian Empire.
But game ended before I could do it.

If he held Sweden, then there's a pretty questionable part of Poland that wasn't his before, but is Sweden's now. And the Golden Horde suddenly owning all of Estonia and half of Finland instead of just two provinces in Lithuania seems a bit bogus too.

Edit: and if you look carefully, it seems that Sweden actually still exists in CK2 (on Gotland).

venomnightmare: I don't think there's anything in 1.09 that should impact province ownership. It would be helpful if you could upload the save.
Yeh I am just dum, I see whats wrong now. I was under the impression that I would start in EU3 where CK2 ended(1453) but instead I see I started 1251... and yeh the Golden Horde was a troll in me game at that time:p
This is 1236
7416799884D0AD38A3CC12EC42E2B77EE1FE7FF1

I converted save from 1361 to EU3 to see what would happen and I found a bug, I think that isn't caused by date, but by something in script. Screens:
eu31h.jpg
My country is Ulm and I have one province in Ireland. Here is another screen:
eu32mn.jpg
As you can see, I am part of Holy Roman Empire, but I don't really know why I have one province in Ireland, and HRE has 2 provinces there. Looking at CK2 I should have both provinces as Ulm, and both should be in HRE, but more importantly it's like converter is attaching HRE provinces from CK2 not equally to it's owner and HRE in EU3 which is really odd.

EDIT: And here is how it looks like in CK2:
ck27.jpg
Also, I inform you that I have 1.08v without The Republic.

Last edited:
Yeh I am just dum, I see whats wrong now. I was under the impression that I would start in EU3 where CK2 ended(1453) but instead I see I started 1251... and yeh the Golden Horde was a troll in me game at that time:p

The game dates should match. You'll start EU3 at whatever date the CK2 save game was created. Check the date in your input.eu3; maybe you grabbed a slightly older save?

not sure if this is a known bug but I will post it anyway: Changing the sliders of my economy does nothing, literally (also deflation):

Yeah, economies are no longer predicted in advance. It's a bug on my short list. Though it should resolve after a month. Does it?

The game dates should match. You'll start EU3 at whatever date the CK2 save game was created. Check the date in your input.eu3; maybe you grabbed a slightly older save?

So I did the proses one more time and this time I got this:p
29CA0178E665E782DD3015EFC245A945602092E3

Whats wrong this time is: Denmark exist again(I lost Syn and Skåne)
Finland exist and have taken Ingermanland and Nevan and clam/consider Bergenhus as a core.
I have received 2 cores from Sweden( Stockholm and Halsingland). DK,FN and SWE is allied whit me.
I start whit no money, manpower, army and -12 Prestige:confused: Also only castles are built.

I converted save from 1361 to EU3 to see what would happen and I found a bug, I think that isn't caused by date, but by something in script. Screens:
View attachment 73789
My country is Ulm and I have one province in Ireland. Here is another screen:
View attachment 73790
As you can see, I am part of Holy Roman Empire, but I don't really know why I have one province in Ireland, and HRE has 2 provinces there. Looking at CK2 I should have both provinces as Ulm, and both should be in HRE, but more importantly it's like converter is attaching HRE provinces from CK2 not equally to it's owner and HRE in EU3 which is really odd.

EDIT: And here is how it looks like in CK2:
View attachment 73794
Also, I inform you that I have 1.08v without The Republic.

As far as I can tell, it's working as expected. Meath and Munster are obvious, I hope. What's tricky is Leinster.

The way the province mappings are done (I think, I don't have the code in front of me right now), what becomes Leinster in EU3 is two CK2 provinces, one of which you own and one of which England owns. That you own part of it is enough to give you a core, and to make it an HRE member. But province ownership can go either way, depending on the baronies owned. See this post for reference.

Whats wrong this time is: Denmark exist again(I lost Syn and Skåne)
Finland exist and have taken Ingermanland and Nevan and clam/consider Bergenhus as a core.
I have received 2 cores from Sweden( Stockholm and Halsingland). DK,FN and SWE is allied whit me.
I start whit no money, manpower, army and -12 Prestige:confused: Also only castles are built.

That looks a lot more like what I'd expect.
Denmark and Finland should be junior partners in personal unions with you (if you hold both titles and the crown laws do not guarantee identical succession), or else vassals (if a duke disliked you enough, and your crown authority was low enough).
No money is a known bug, manpower and army conversion are not yet implemented, and prestige is also bugged. Forts are the only buildings that convert at the moment.

As far as I can tell, it's working as expected. Meath and Munster are obvious, I hope. What's tricky is Leinster.

The way the province mappings are done (I think, I don't have the code in front of me right now), what becomes Leinster in EU3 is two CK2 provinces, one of which you own and one of which England owns. That you own part of it is enough to give you a core, and to make it an HRE member. But province ownership can go either way, depending on the baronies owned. See this post for reference.

Okey, I get it. But if that what you are writing is true, there is another problem. I haven't core on Leinster and also haven't "Reconquest" CB which I should have in this case. Because if HRE has Leinster in EU3, this means that somebody from CK2's HRE have something in that area and should have core there also right? And that someone was only me and I don't have core there.

That looks a lot more like what I'd expect.
Denmark and Finland should be junior partners in personal unions with you (if you hold both titles and the crown laws do not guarantee identical succession), or else vassals (if a duke disliked you enough, and your crown authority was low enough).
No money is a known bug, manpower and army conversion are not yet implemented, and prestige is also bugged. Forts are the only buildings that convert at the moment.

Yes I see now:) Yeh I lowered Crown authority in Norway more then DK and FIN because the duks where annoying whit there demands to lower it. And no NR and Fin had nominate king but not in DK. Still trying to get the hang of this game so how do I set guarantee identical succession? Also just want to tank everyone that help t me understand more. I have started a new CK2 game now but will continue experimenting whit the old:)

How do I set guarantee identical succession?

Three conditions:
1. Have the same Gender Laws - for example, if one realm is Agnatic, and the other Agnatic-Cognatic, then identical succession is not guaranteed (because if some king has daughters only, the realms will have different succession).
2. Have the same Succession Laws - for example, if one realm is Primogeniture and the other is Seniority, then identical succession is not guaranteed (in fact, it's unlikely).
3. Succession Laws are NOT Elective - even if both realms are elective (satisfying #2), the electors for each realm are determined independently, so, if one group of electors decides not to endorse the monarch's nominee and the other does, the realms will have different succession.

Okey, I get it. But if that what you are writing is true, there is another problem. I haven't core on Leinster and also haven't "Reconquest" CB which I should have in this case. Because if HRE has Leinster in EU3, this means that somebody from CK2's HRE have something in that area and should have core there also right? And that someone was only me and I don't have core there.

That's potentially a bug, then. And on my list in the second post. Thanks for bringing it up!

I've been working on getting governments more properly converted, and I've got two questions:

1. Should nations sometimes convert as tribal democracies? You see this in the default game, with nations as advanced as the muslim tech group.
2. Is there a decent way of determining which nations convert as merchant republics? The existing rule is any republic which contains a CoT, but it never gets used because we don't yet convert CoTs. 1.09 might give us better choices, but I'm not even sure if trade republics can be distinguished from non-trade ones. Or if that's a valid distinction.

Edit: Here's the existing conversion method. Forgot to include it before. Though there are some bugs in the current implementation.

Last edited: