• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The vassal data all looks good (post-title-merge). Crown Laws apply to de jure realms, iirc, so that remains a valid way to blobify some parts of a merged realm and not others; the de jure vassal/liege structure is not altered by merging. And relations/piety/prestige/etc should also work fine (since the holder of the merged title held all the titles that were merged into it, too).

One question:

#1: Is it normal for the finished save game to have a map with zero forts for all nations? Because in my save the golden horde pretty much crushed all of europe and holds central europe. Sweden, England, Scotland, and France are held hostage but they have some big problems since they have no forts and the mongols and waltz in pretty much.. (The Byzantine Empire has held it's ground the entire game though and fights vs both the golden horde and the other horde in Persia/Iraq)

Last edited:
One question:

#1: Is it normal for the finished save game to have a map with zero forts for all nations? Because in my save the golden horde pretty much crushed all of europe and holds central europe. Sweden, England, Scotland, and France are held hostage but they have some big problems since they have no forts and the mongols and waltz in pretty much.. (The Byzantine Empire has held it's ground the entire game though and fights vs both the golden horde and the other horde in Persia/Iraq)

No buildings are converted yet. Maybe that can be our focus in 0.8.

No buildings are converted yet. Maybe that can be our focus in 0.8.

It would help balance at least my save at least.. :)
I also have a problem with my nation having no valid units to build, but I suppose this is a known issue

It would help balance at least my save at least.. :)
I also have a problem with my nation having no valid units to build, but I suppose this is a known issue

Known and with a fix in place.

Question - how would this converter project work for, example, the DLC Legacy of Rome which does a Byzantine Empire -> Roman Empire. will it still be the Roman Empire? Or simply Byzantium?

Question - how would this converter project work for, example, the DLC Legacy of Rome which does a Byzantine Empire -> Roman Empire. will it still be the Roman Empire? Or simply Byzantium?

It becomes Byzantium again. Though once my AAR gets to the conversion point, the converter mod will be getting some Rome love.

Oooh, what is this fix?

A temporary set of unit selections. Once you have one, you can select from your true available choices.

There is a fix!? Hallelujah! I am waiting for this to get to 1.0 very, very patiently... I really want to convert before EU4 comes out.

As do we all. :-D

Legitimacy Conversion

As all vanilla EU3 nations start with 100 legitimacy, all converted nations will do so as well.

Relevant Links
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Infamy Conversion

As all vanilla EU3 nations start with 0 infamy, all converted nations will do the same.

Relevant Links
1 2 3 4

Alright, here's what I'm currently doing with vassal independence.

Every vassal of another nation gets a score. This score is mostly determined by the CA of the liege:
  • Autonomous - 1000
  • Low - 2000
  • Med - 3000
  • High - 4000
  • Absolute - 5000
The vassal's opinion of the liege will be added to the score (it seems DTRemenak was working on this while I worked on the rest, which is perfect, but I haven't yet taken advantage of his work).
Also, the liege's score (if any) will be added to this. This is for two reasons: vassals don't have a CA, to avoid vassals of vassals.

For any score greater or equal to the following values, these are the results:
0 - liege and vassal guarantee each other.
1000 - vassal is in the liege's SOI and there is an alliance
1900 - vassal becomes a vassal in EU3
2900 - vassal becomes a vassal in EU3 and the liege gets cores
4000 - vassal is absorbed in EU3, but cores remain
5050 - vassal is absorbed in EU3, and cores are removed

At the moment, this leaves us with roughly 1000 more countries than we have tags for, so blobification still happens. What I intend to do is try matching countries to tags, and if there are too many countries, increase all scores and try again, and do this repeatedly until it works. Of course, this guarantees tags ending up in odd locations.

What I'll do after than is provide a configurable minimum score that is added to all scores to begin with. Blobification could be forced to happen by setting this to 5050. Lower values can provide a restricted form of blobification.

If I'm reading this right, it's virtually a certainty that with Absolute Crown Authority, you'll have a unified country. Should you perhaps consider something along the lines of succession laws as well as a way to thin the herd?

(I'm partially worried that this will kill my current megacampaign, with the HRE having ACA. :()

(I'm partially worried that this will kill my current megacampaign, with the HRE having ACA. :()

The HRE has special mechanics and will always convert with vassals independent unless you turn it off in the configuration.

Just wondering where i can find this supposed fix for the no valid units.

You'll have to wait for the next release, I'm afraid. Unless you feel like downloading the source code and compiling things yourself.

I can wait, was thinking that the fix was already released, it is a great thing that you guys do and I would help if i had the time, sadly i am busy most of the time to do anything.

So I'm currently married to the Queen of Naples as the King of Greece, will a personal union be formed in EU3?

No; a personal union (currently) requires the titles to be held by the same person. You would have a royal marriage, an alliance, and probably very good relations, though, so it likely wouldn't be difficult to quickly annex in EU3 (if Naples isn't huge).