• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I found the issue. apparently the DLC's where not installing with steam for some reason. Ran it and it worked well.

I do have one question will heresies eventually be transferred over as well? the Cathar and Fraticelli transferred to Catholics and Ethiopians have gone orthodox. I know there is a mod you can use with the conversions will that effect those or just the names of nations?

CK2
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105988934&insideModal=1&showComments=0
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105988907&insideModal=1&showComments=0

EU3
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105990782&insideModal=1

I am curious what decides national rivals. For instance EU3 has me marked as rivals with golden horde, Lorraine, Netherlands and Ireland. I have close family ties with Lorraine, GH, and Netherlands.
What decided Prestige, Technology and Gold at the start of the game. (3, -50 and 0) is what i started with.

I know not everything is in and some things are still being decided, that's why I am asking,

I found the issue. apparently the DLC's where not installing with steam for some reason. Ran it and it worked well.

I do have one question will heresies eventually be transferred over as well? the Cathar and Fraticelli transferred to Catholics and Ethiopians have gone orthodox. I know there is a mod you can use with the conversions will that effect those or just the names of nations?

CK2
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105988934&insideModal=1&showComments=0
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105988907&insideModal=1&showComments=0

EU3
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105990782&insideModal=1

I am curious what decides national rivals. For instance EU3 has me marked as rivals with golden horde, Lorraine, Netherlands and Ireland. I have close family ties with Lorraine, GH, and Netherlands.
What decided Prestige, Technology and Gold at the start of the game. (3, -50 and 0) is what i started with.

I know not everything is in and some things are still being decided, that's why I am asking,
That is one of the most beautiful games I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.
Ahem.
As to your questions, the mod will include all of the religions in CK2 when completed. I know right now that it does in fact contain all the religions as well as icons for them. What is not currently set up are all the nations that will need to be in the mod. Simultaneously the converter isn't set up to convert to the converter mod yet, though it will be eventually.
Technology is determined by the converter using this method starting gold via this methdod prestige is marked 0.

Last edited:
I did go in and destroy 2 kingdom titles :) Lotharingia fought to long against the french, and would have lost the south other wise, the other title was just a minor one. Though the complete lack of armies and money may be a issue. I figure you guys have done the hard part for me :) I can make adjustments as needed, main one will probably adjust everyone gold and prestige, maybe their tech levels as well.

What is Funny is despite them being in control for two hundred years, a couple of my territories are marked as colonies :) lmao. (75 people in the entire providence) lol.

love the converter,

I did go in and destroy 2 kingdom titles :) Lotharingia fought to long against the french, and would have lost the south other wise, the other title was just a minor one. Though the complete lack of armies and money may be a issue. I figure you guys have done the hard part for me :) I can make adjustments as needed, main one will probably adjust everyone gold and prestige, maybe their tech levels as well.

What is Funny is despite them being in control for two hundred years, a couple of my territories are marked as colonies :) lmao. (75 people in the entire providence) lol.

love the converter,
What province had that population?

Finmark 500 and osterbotten 150 cant find that 75 now.

Kola, Lappland and others in the north say no settlement, though they all have a small amount of manpower.

Finmark 500 and osterbotten 150 cant find that 75 now.

Kola, Lappland and others in the north say no settlement, though they all have a small amount of manpower.
For now go into configuration.txt and switch out of the "historical" option for populations so that doesn't happen. I'll have to consult with idhrendur about how to fix this so that all provinces that can be inhabited are inhabitable. I've noticed that some of the provinces in Arabia end up both uninhabited and uncolonizable.

ok. that converted them all to active colonies :)

westernization, is the converter set up to start anyone as "west" right now?

Last edited:
12-11-01 17:40:39: Importing adjacencies
12-11-01 17:40:39: Error: Could not open adjacencies.bin

I received this error, and it prevented the converter from creating the output file. What could the problem be?

I received this error, and it prevented the converter from creating the output file. What could the problem be?
meseejos was having the same problem, you can see his post at the top of this page. As to how he got it to work, I am not certain.

do you have DW installed? (see you have IN) my problem was that the DLCs where not all installed at the time, so by making sure i was had everything up to DW in it worked

Last edited:
Ah, no I haven't. My mistake.

do you have DW installed? (see you have IN) my problem was that the DLCs where not all installed at the time, so by making sure i was had everything up to DW in it worked

If it turns out to be the same problem, can one of you write up the specific steps you take to fix it? This'll be FAQ-worthy, I think.

For now go into configuration.txt and switch out of the "historical" option for populations so that doesn't happen. I'll have to consult with idhrendur about how to fix this so that all provinces that can be inhabited are inhabitable. I've noticed that some of the provinces in Arabia end up both uninhabited and uncolonizable.

I added a quick fix that should prevent this in the next release.

It could still happen for converted and blended methods, in theory at least. I suspect not in practice.

I'd love to tell you if the save game works or not, but unfortunately, it seems that EUIII won't start now that Divine Wind is installed. I doubt it has anything to do with this mod, but it's incredibly frustrating after I paid 10$ for it.

Isn't even giving me an error. Just won't even start when I click the EXE. =\

I'd love to tell you if the save game works or not, but unfortunately, it seems that EUIII won't start now that Divine Wind is installed. I doubt it has anything to do with this mod, but it's incredibly frustrating after I paid 10$ for it.

Isn't even giving me an error. Just won't even start when I click the EXE. =\
Oh boy. Perchance did you buy HTTT as well? it's kind of a prerequisite for DW working. :\ Sorry to be the bear of bad news.

No, I have Heir to the Throne. I noticed that DW made it's own folder, rather than being part of the main EU3 folder, however.

Playing around with the new retinues system, it appears as a much better match for the retinues to carry over as your standing army, as that what the retinues are. Naturally we should have it as a toggle with the other method for people who have not purchased the DLC.

On another note, after converting my Rome save over to EU3 I noted that I (And every other converted nation) was unable to recruit armies and I think I have found the culprit, in standard save generated by EU3, under a country entry:
Code:
	infantry="western_longbow"
	cavalry="western_medieval_knights"
	big_ship="carrack"
	galley="galley"
	transport="cog"
The save generated by the converter does not contain these lines. Somehow we will need to modify the converter to add appropriate unit types for each nation. Probably tie it in to the tech-group and tech level. I'm going to take a crack at it right now.

after a year or two those show back up for the most part, and unless your attacked right away you . though currently its a lack of gold that's really messing with me atm. Pom is a VERY large kingdom, and im forced to take a 12000 loan automatically on start. haven't figured out where the stuff is in the save files to adjust those numbers yet

current_income=
estimated_monthly_income=57.280172

doesn't seem to be it, sadly

The Holy Roman Empire doesn't seem to have an emperor, or even exist. The two very powerful republics in my game, Venice and Munster, were both ripped up into little OPMs with the same ruler. Keeping the realm together would be both more realistic and save on precious tags.

meseejos, it seems all the money being made is put into investments.

(edit) Interesting feature: mousing over the greyed-out "construct COT" button on day one will crash the game, as there are no COTs around at the start.

Last edited:
I've have been trying to use the converter but I've always end up with an error.

Reading configuration file.
12-11-03 00:46:48: No input file given, defaulting to input.ck2
12-11-03 00:46:48: Getting CK2 data.
12-11-03 00:46:48: Getting building types.
12-11-03 00:46:48: Getting CK2 religions
12-11-03 00:46:48: Getting CK2 cultures
12-11-03 00:46:48: Parsing landed titles.
12-11-03 00:46:48: Getting traits
12-11-03 00:46:48: Adding dynasties from CK2 Install
12-11-03 00:46:48: Parsing CK2 save.
12-11-03 00:46:48: Error: Could not open input.ck2

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance
//UnspheredTnT