• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually, Patriarch and Papacy are king level, at least in CK2's concept. And Bohemia acquired those lands via claim wars, i.e. Bohemia's king or old vassals keep getting more lands via these claim war. Bohemia took it ~200 yrs, give or take, to unite the fragmented HRE (It's well in the 1320s now, and HRE fragmented since 1100s); and most HRE other kingdoms' dejure lands have already been shifted to Bohemia's dejure.. That being said, this HRE, when translated into EU3, should boil down to how you treat Bohemian king and his vassals, I think.

How would you treat technology though? Russia currently has the highest tech's in my game, especially the area surrounding Kiev and Constantinople. The tech growth rate of Russia is also highest because of the massive # of cities I built - all Russian counties now have max holdings w/ cities only, besides the original mosques/baronies/vassal-built-barronies, (I also inherited the Pope's money, lol.) But in EU3, because Russia is muslim, would it's tech growth rate then be switched to muslim group instead?

Another question is how are you going to treat dejure land? I meant, it makes sense that vassals in dejure land should be converted into the Russia itself, while vassals outside of dejure land just become Russia's vassals in EU3, right?

Sorry, questions keep popping up here:

The golden horde in my game never attacks Russia (well, they attacked the first time but stopped after that.) Their "reinforcing troops" have been up to 250k and sitting in Surgut for as long as I can remember. When translated into Eu3, does this means Eu3 Golden Horde will automatically has those free 250k troops? I mean... that's a lot because at game start, no country has troop up but the Golden Horde -> massive invasion ><

So many weird things happen in my game ><

You are correct on the papacy and patriarchy. I was away from home and my memories misled me.

Tech group will depend on your average tech growth rate. The exact form is described in this post (and the post it links).

I'm pretty sure we intend to do de jure land as cores. Or at least no-one's objected (that I can remember) whenever I've mentioned the idea.

As for the military, we haven't completely worked that out yet. I seem to remember some initial ideas by DasGuntLord, but I can't seem to find the post. And 1.07 will likely change things (though we'll be aiming to come up with a system that also works for previous saves, or have two systems or something).

Sorry for the neglect here, everyone. Job search + lack of motivation is not so good. And I start a new job tomorrow, with no idea how that will affect my energy or motivation.

So, I'm revising my plans for the next release. I've got ROTW tech levels figured out already. I'm going to convert European tech levels, and maybe rough out tech investment, then release. Starting values for money, envoys, prestige, and the like can wait for another release. The world will at least be functional with this plan.

And then here's hoping Legacy of Rome brings back my motivation.

Sounds great, good luck with the new job!

This. I for one am looking forward to this being playable with immense interest, but have no programming skills to speak of, so cannot be of much help.

A quick look at what's changed from 1.06 to 1.07 has me a little worried. If you plan to convert pre-1.07 games, it's probably a good idea to copy your CK2 install before installing the patch.

quick question and i hope it does not sound like a dumb one, i do very basic computer programming (very basic) and i was wondering how you determine which nations are independent and which are vassals etc. and is there a way i can customize this. long story short i want to transfer a game but i get the (two many countries error) so i figure i can make a lot of the empires one nation (instead of many vassals) in Eu3 seeing as at the end of my ck2 game only a few (nations) existed being two hordes the byzantine empire and the HRE france and england.

quick question and i hope it does not sound like a dumb one, i do very basic computer programming (very basic) and i was wondering how you determine which nations are independent and which are vassals etc. and is there a way i can customize this. long story short i want to transfer a game but i get the (two many countries error) so i figure i can make a lot of the empires one nation (instead of many vassals) in Eu3 seeing as at the end of my ck2 game only a few (nations) existed being two hordes the byzantine empire and the HRE france and england.

Any ones with no liege are independent. All others are vassals. HRE is an exception, all it's immediate vassals are counted as independent.

There is a fix that removes all landless, de jure terrtiroy-less, vassal-less titles, but it's waiting for the next release to see daylight.

Any ones with no liege are independent. All others are vassals. HRE is an exception, all it's immediate vassals are counted as independent.

There is a fix that removes all landless, de jure terrtiroy-less, vassal-less titles, but it's waiting for the next release to see daylight.

Thank you for the response, i look forward to the next release, i appreciate all you guys are doing.

I am a huge fan of your work.

How far are we from the next release?

Two, maybe three sets of changes. Translating that into time requires estimating how much energy I have to program once I'm off work, and lately that's been hovering near zero.

I'm somewhat tempted to start a separate thread to try to recruit some other workers (modders, coders, anyone who's willing to try to review the map mappings), but I'm not sure if that'd be cool or frowned upon. Any mods reading who can chime in?

I've gone and started a megacampaign AAR. Here's hoping it'll restore some motivation.

this definitely has me interested, but my scant programming abilities lie with ColdFusion.

Converter Version 0.5b Now Released
Download Link
Overall Link

Relevant New Features
Country religion converted
Country primary culture converted
Country accepted cultures converted
Capitals converted
Governments converted
Remove redundant titles (should allow better country mapping, and fewer 'too many titles' errors)
Tech group converted
Stability converted
Daimyos imported
Estimate income
Convert tech
Economy conversion options default to historical

Discussion
My initial goals for this release turned out to be more ambitious than I realized. They have not been fully achieved, but the most important of the country-level conversion mechanics are in place. Some items may turn out funny, please report any bugs. Converted nations having a tribal government counts as a bug (that's the default if no conversion rules apply). Let me know how well the technology conversion seems to be working, it could be entirely wacky.

I got no suggestions on good defaults for the economy conversion options. So I changed the defaults to historical: we at least know that will give sensible values.

I've not tested with 1.07 saves yet, as I have none in the test suite, but I've fixed any problems with converting old saves with a 1.07 install. Edit: and this lack of testing caused problems, of course. The first fix has been released, go ahead and grab 0.5a.

Changelog
Code:
Revision	Log Message
---------	----------------
182		Update credits in readme.txt
183		Update religions in converter mod
184		Country religion set
185		Country primary culture set
186		Convert capitals
187		Convert accepted cultures
188		Update religion icons to work correctly
189		Update credits in readme.txt
190		Initial work on government conversion
191		Convert tech group
192		Hordes that become Christian can get non-horde government types
193		Minor logging adjustments
194		Remove titles that have neither de facto nor de jure lieges or vassals.
195		Update automated tests.
196		Log total number of titles.
197		Added a bunch of fixed country outputs.
198		Added daimyo system.
		Fixed bug with importing country history.
199		Tamnius' culture suggestions
200		Add Scotland1399_10_16 save
201		More culture rule updates
202		Change Scotland test save from rar to zip
203		Starting stability and investment
204		Estimate taxation
205		Estimate tolls
206		Determine if provinces are on the same continent as the owner's capital
207		Determine if provinces are land connected to capital
208		Taxes and tolls take into account distance overseas
209		Estimate production income
210		Estimate gold income
211		Fix for gold income estimate
212		ROTW Tech levels (European ones are completely wrong)
213		Change economy option defaults to historical
214		1.06 saves don't lose muslim buildings when converted by a 1.07 install
215		Apply change 213 to test configs
216		Convert tech
217		Tech investment
218		Add miaphysite religion mapping
219		No longer need the mod in place to avoid crashing

Edit: Yeah, not testing with any 1.07 saves was a mistake. I've fixed the first major bug now. Thus release 0.5a
Edit2: And not accounting for people who don't have the mod, also a mistake. Release 0.5b should fix that.

Last edited:
Going to try this later

I'm getting this:

12-10-27 15:34:43: Error: Could not open C:\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III/mod/Converter/common/religion.txt

I created that directory and it continued to work until it got to converting provinces, on which it promptly crashed and these were the last two things in the log:

12-10-27 15:39:20: Warning: could not decide on culture for EU3 province 150 due to ties.
12-10-27 15:39:20: Warning: could not decide on culture for EU3 province 199 due to ties.

edit; it works with a 1.06 save though (I think it's 1.06 anyway).

Odd that it's trying to open a file in the mod directory. What do you have for the install path? Edit: in fact, it shouldn't be looking at the EU3 directories at for religion.txt.

I'm getting this:

12-10-27 15:34:43: Error: Could not open C:\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III/mod/Converter/common/religion.txt

I created that directory and it continued to work until it got to converting provinces, on which it promptly crashed and these were the last two things in the log:

12-10-27 15:39:20: Warning: could not decide on culture for EU3 province 150 due to ties.
12-10-27 15:39:20: Warning: could not decide on culture for EU3 province 199 due to ties.

edit; it works with a 1.06 save though (I think it's 1.06 anyway).

I'm still weirded out at the path it's trying for you. But there was a bug with 1.07 saves, now resolved. Try out release 0.5a, and let me know if that fixes things.