• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Something else I noticed when I converted was that there were no buildings anywhere. I know that they'll eventually convert, ideally, but for the moment, would it be possible to just bring over historical buildings? It would go a long way to making the converted saves playable.

OK just officially started a match with that save I did a few pages ago, and found something odd. my culture in CK2 was Pommeranian Germanic sub group in CK2, at first I didn't realize the issue, but I and all Pommeranian cultures have been switched to West Salavic Polish in EU3.

(morocco a extension of my dynasty in CK2, was also switched)

Pommeranian is a tricky culture. It's actually in the West Slavic group in CK2 (representing the people who lived there before the Germans took over). All [central] German cultures in CK2 are simply German. No subgroups or anything. Polish is the best we have to map them to in EU3. And don't even get me started on the complexities of 'Saxon' between the two. I have a write up of everything here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...er-Project&p=14201602&viewfull=1#post14201602

Also, I don't quite follow what happened with Morocco.

Something else I noticed when I converted was that there were no buildings anywhere. I know that they'll eventually convert, ideally, but for the moment, would it be possible to just bring over historical buildings? It would go a long way to making the converted saves playable.

It may well be more worthwhile to do before armies and navies, and we'll need to do exactly that for the ROTW, but I'd rather focusing on getting diplomacy in place first.

If however, one of the other programmers who's been working on things decides they want to implement that, I will not argue in the least.

im confused, since Pommeranoian still exists in the EU3 time frame and and the culture is in EU3 Culture file.

Code:
germanic = {
	union = GER
	pommeranian =  {
		primary = POM
	}
	prussian = {
		primary = PRU
	}

Is the problem that CK2 has it in the western Slavic so it can't switch to Germanic in EU3?

im confused, since Pommeranoian still exists in the EU3 time frame and and the culture is in EU3 Culture file.

Code:
germanic = {
	union = GER
	pommeranian =  {
		primary = POM
	}
	prussian = {
		primary = PRU
	}

Is the problem that CK2 has it in the western Slavic so it can't switch to Germanic in EU3?

EU3 Pommeranian represents the culture of the German settlers in Slav lands - while Pommeranian in CK2 is the Slavic culture. Think about the difference between Old Prussian (Baltic) and Prussian (Germanic) in EU3 - it's like that. :3

This might be a dumb question, but how do I modify the converter so that it does to the Golden Horse and Ilkhanate what it does to the Holy Roman Empire? Either of these entities are far to powerful to exist on their own in my game, and both of which sort of got their authority and monarchy into an HRE-like scenario; so I want to have them Balkanized like the HRE is.

Last edited:
Hey i may have not seen this...but for some odd reason my configuration document can not locate my ck2 or my eu3 folders...I have both games on steam and i run windows 7.
The error specifically states:
Reading configuration file.
12-11-21 16:10:13: No Crusader King 2 path was specified in configuration.txt, or the path was invalid. A valid path must be specified.

Now...what i have written as the path is as followed.
"C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings II\"

and the EU3 is just about the same save for the fact it says EU3 rather then crusader kings 2. Maybe its a real simple mistake on my part. But am i missing something. It just keeps giving me this Log error despite the different forms i attempt to use to remedy the situation.

This might be a dumb question, but how do I modify the converter so that it does to the Golden Horse and Ilkhanate what it does to the Holy Roman Empire? Either of these entities are far to powerful to exist on their own in my game, and both of which sort of got their authority and monarchy into an HRE-like scenario; so I want to have them Balkanized like the HRE is.

You can change which CK2 title has the HRE mechanics applied to it (change the HRETitle option in configuration.txt), but there can be only one. But no worries, my plan is to make it hard for hordes that haven't settled down to mostly end up with vassals, not their own territory.

Hey i may have not seen this...but for some odd reason my configuration document can not locate my ck2 or my eu3 folders...I have both games on steam and i run windows 7.
The error specifically states:
Reading configuration file.
12-11-21 16:10:13: No Crusader King 2 path was specified in configuration.txt, or the path was invalid. A valid path must be specified.

Now...what i have written as the path is as followed.
"C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings II\"

and the EU3 is just about the same save for the fact it says EU3 rather then crusader kings 2. Maybe its a real simple mistake on my part. But am i missing something. It just keeps giving me this Log error despite the different forms i attempt to use to remedy the situation.

Odd, nothing strikes me as particularly off. Can you post your entire config.txt for the sake on sanity checks?

Here is what my config file appears as

configuration =
{
# Europa Universalis 3 directory: a path on your computer where Europa Universalis III is installed
EU3directory = "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Europa Universalis III\"

# Crusader Kings 2 directory: a path on your computer where Crusader Kings II is installed
CK2directory = "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings II\"

### Economy (base tax, manpower, and population) Options

# proxyMultiplierMethod: is a holding is a ruler's capital, all proxies get a multiplier. Options are:
# "ones" - the multiplier is always one (no changes)
# "counting" - counts have a multiplier of 2
# - dukes have a multiplier of 3
# - kings have a multiplier of 4
# - emperors have a multiplier of 5
# "exponential" - counts have a multiplier of 2
# - dukes have a multiplier of 4
# - kings have a multiplier of 8
# - emperors have a multiplier of 16
proxyMultiplierMethod = "ones"

# multipleProvsMethod: if multiple CK2 provinces become one EU3 province, which method used to get all the proxies. Options are:
# "sum" - just sum all the relevant data
# "average" - get the average of all the relevant data
multipleProvsMethod = "average"

# manpower: Manpower conversion method. Options are:
# "historical" - just import the manpower from the EU3 history
# "converted" - convert the manpower from the CK2 game
# "blended" - a combination of historical and converted
manpower = "historical"

# manpowerblendamount - the amount of manpower that is historical when blended manpower is used
manpowerblendamount = "0.5"

# basetax: Base Tax conversion method. Options are:
# "blended" - a combination of historical and converted
basetax = "historical"

# basetaxblendamount - the amount of basetax that is historical when blended basetax is used
basetaxblendamount = "0.5"

# population: Population conversion method. Options are:
# "blended" - 90% of population is historical, 10% is converted
population = "historical"

# populationblendamount - the amount of population that is historical when blended population is used
populationblendamount = "0.9"

# HRE Title: the CK2 Title that will convert are the HRE in EU3. All immediate vassals will be independent.
HRETitle = "e_hre"

### EU3 Options ###

# advisors setting. Options are:
# "normal"
# "historical"
# "event"
advisors = "normal"

Okay, i just tried and compare with my config-file, and i think you are missing a space between the Program Files and (x86), so that it reads:
CK2directory = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings II"
Instead of:
CK2directory = "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings II"
And then of course the same for EU3, hope that solves it.

Huzza! that actually worked. Thank you most kindly for pointing out that little annoying issue that i overlooked!...or well it at least can find the file now and such still running into an issue with the actual program working but i'll get back to folks if it stops me ...for an extended period of time

Edit: So the new error is and im sorry for being such a pest with this by the way.
Error: Could not open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Europa Universalis III - complete/mod/Converter/common/religion.txt

I went to locate where that folder might be....and...i could not find it...it does not exist. Did i overlook/miss something?

Last edited:
Huzza! that actually worked. Thank you most kindly for pointing out that little annoying issue that i overlooked!...or well it at least can find the file now and such still running into an issue with the actual program working but i'll get back to folks if it stops me ...for an extended period of time

Edit: So the new error is and im sorry for being such a pest with this by the way.
Error: Could not open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Europa Universalis III - complete/mod/Converter/common/religion.txt

I went to locate where that folder might be....and...i could not find it...it does not exist. Did i overlook/miss something?

EDIT: Nevermind, misread your problem. Sorry

Last edited:

Do you actually get an output file and just see that in the log? Because you'll sometimes see that even when it's perfectly fine…I did a quick hack to fix a different bug instead of a real fix.

Hey guys I just converted my ck2 game over to this and it seemed to work just fine. However when it started playing it said my soldiers were all in the muslim infantry group, even though I was catholic Ireland. Also, although i have no problem with having the country names from eu3 does anyone know if they're is a way to rename the countries themselves? Like renaming Foix to something like Hereford?

Hey guys I just converted my ck2 game over to this and it seemed to work just fine. However when it started playing it said my soldiers were all in the muslim infantry group, even though I was catholic Ireland. Also, although i have no problem with having the country names from eu3 does anyone know if they're is a way to rename the countries themselves? Like renaming Foix to something like Hereford?

You probably ended up in the muslim tech group (it's based on your CK2 tech rate, not your culture). The unit type is just a basic solution for now so that so can get something selected in the first place.

Do you still need a save with the Byzantine DLC?

If you have one, I'll take it. If not, I'll be providing one eventually.

However, we should probably get one with the sunset invasion having happened, as distasteful as I find the idea. Just to confirm we can transfer the new religion and culture.