• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

El_Presidente17

Private
6 Badges
Apr 5, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
I noticed that at the Old Gods start the Pentarchy of Rome is a Holy Order. Looking at the mod files I found out that all the other Pentarchs are Holy Orders too. Is this intentional? If it is, why aren't they theocracies?

This is a side effect of Papal elections gone haywire. You can change them back in common\landed_titles\01_religion_heads.txt, at the risk of other issues.

Issues like this were the reason we decided on rewriting the entire thing.

This is a side effect of Papal elections gone haywire. You can change them back in common\landed_titles\01_religion_heads.txt, at the risk of other issues.

Issues like this were the reason we decided on rewriting the entire thing.
What's the issue with papal elections? Depending on what happens with them, I may leave the patriarchs as holy orders.

I don't know too much about the specifics, but I think it had to do with the dual titles old Plus uses for the Papacy, which are, if I recall correctly, related to the Chalcedonian religion before the Schism. You'd have to ask @schwarherz for more info.