• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just posting to make a formal complaint against the distasteful language used in the videos..

Just kidding :p

I think the concept for the series is great and would like to see a lot more of these videos from you guys for all your games! Makes for some great viewing and my only real complaint is that you haven't made more of them.

Just posting to make a formal complaint against the distasteful language used in the videos..

Just kidding :p

I think the concept for the series is great and would like to see a lot more of these videos from you guys for all your games! Makes for some great viewing and my only real complaint is that you haven't made more of them.

I second that, and would love to see more dev multiplayer games.

Just a note that the video is 10 hours but the gameplay portion is just hours 3 and 4 or so - it's black screen after that. So 2+ hours of robust wargaming to watch.

It's interesting, and it looks amusing, but it sadly doesn't approach the old EUII MP games with a dozen+ people. For a similar reason that HOI never really gripped me.

The timeframe is short enough, that there really isn't any thought about consequences, or long-term plans. It leads to everyone thinking only of short-term accommodations and immediate gratification.

The least interesting part of a EUII game, was always the last twenty years, where everyone begin playing only for themselves.

The best times were always in the late 1600s to early 1700s...say from about 1650-1750. Because people were established by then, and if the game was still going by then, it had good balance and strong participants...but there were still, in people's minds, more than a century left to wrestle with consequences of their betrayals or follies.

It was also a time, where someone could be horrifically beaten around 1690 and quit, (which sometimes was best for everyone involved) and new blood could be injected, and they'd still have time to weave an entirely new identity for themselves.

HoI, and other games focused specifically on the Napeolonic Wars, just doesn't have that added element of risk vs reward or strategy.

Finally got around to updating the thread, sorry about that. We're still rolling out several more videos over the next few days. In the meantime, I hope you're all enjoying the game.

In future you're planning to play new games like this, with switching players, or with different rules?
I really enjoy these videos.

In future you're planning to play new games like this, with switching players, or with different rules?
I really enjoy these videos.

I agree. I even got some friends interested in paradox, thanks to this video series :D

Very fun to watch, hope you do more of these with future releases.

BTW: You just sold me another game. Had no plans to buy MoTE, but after that video I just had to buy it.