• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope you do start another AAR. Its too bad about this one. :(

Indeed. a shame.

I must observe that you have the most terrible luck, Solmyr. :( Of your three AARs, only one of them has come to the expected conclusion.

Still, I congratulate you on reunifying the Empire, and applaud your as-always-stellar writing. With luck, we'll hear from you very soon.

Solmyr said:
My new AAR starts here. ;) Basic info:

Starting as the Count of Vermandois, who is descended from Charlemagne in the male line.

Primary goal: Take the throne of France from the Capetian usurpers.
Long-term goal: Reunite the Empire of Charlemagne (meaning Germany and Italy as well).
Very long-term goal: Receive fealty and/or recognition as the leader of Western Christendom.

Playing 1.03a, normal/normal, in the usual roleplaying character-oriented style.

Are you sure you started on 1.03b? Did you restart at some point?

EF1

Why don't you consider doing either a Polish or Scandanavian one next? I think both of those would be quiet interesting.

The problem with Catholics is that as soon as you acquire any kind of power, you are almost forced to go majorly conquering because your crusade expectations start growing constantly. Poland might be interesting though, I could probably make all the Poles here love me if I did one. :D

Other ideas I'm having are:

- the Welfs, as a counterpart to my Hohenstaufen AAR
- an Italian county or duchy (Savoie, Montferrat, Lombardy, or Tuscany are my favorites)
- some Celtic dynasty (Ireland/Wales/Scotland, because they have cool names :D)
- Toulouse (because Occitan names are cool too :D)
- Norway, maybe
- some ideas which I intend to keep secret for their surprise value :p

Either way, I plan to finish bugfix v4 before I start a new AAR, as I want to play with that. ;)

Norway or Italy would be my pick.:)

I would like to read a Norway AAR ;) ... (but surprises would be good, too :) )

[possible joke]I would personally like to see a Bulgarian AAR in 1337 with my "1337 fanatsy bugfix"... [/possible joke]

Although something like that would be interesting...

tombom said:
[possible joke]I would personally like to see a Bulgarian AAR in 1337 with my "1337 fanatsy bugfix"... [/possible joke]

Although something like that would be interesting...

Bulgaria could be fun. I had a nice game as them in 1187, but it was ruined when the mongols showed up in my rear area just as I was trying to usurp the Byzantine crown (I thought I'd modded the scenario files so that the mogols didn't show up, but I only did the 1066 :eek:)

I would like to see AAR with county of Orava. Once played with it tried to stop the mongols, become the king of town, emperor of Europe, high-king of all squirrels' etc. and then set sail to the undying lands...but in 1220 the backstabber king of Germany Rudolf Hohenstaufen ended my imperial dreams. :(

Has anybody made Raynald "the Great" de Chalitillon AAR yet? Once tried it too, married Irene Angelos, but that hussy gave Raynald only 6 daughters and not a single son. Then Raynald died while sieging Jerusalem and some Hungarian grandson inherited him -> game over.

Brannart said:
A man can dream, can't he? :)

Well, if we're playing that type of game, I'd love to play the Duchy of Green Bay and form the Empire of Wisconsin :)

Seriously though, I think that a Polish AAR would be a great deal of fun. I don't think I've seen one of those yet. Once I get a better understanding of this game I'm going to do a scenerio where Harald III won at Stamford Bridge, beat the bastard, and became King of England. That will make a good AAR :)

I find really good this AAR, my compliments to the author, hoping I'll be able to start a CK AAR soon!