• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kiesenberg

First Lieutenant
74 Badges
Oct 23, 2009
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Before I begin I would like to say how much I enjoyed this mod over the last few month. :) However I would also like to make a proposal for it.

The point of the Holy Roman Empire was to recreate the Roman Empire in the west, needless to say, it failed miserably. But what if it didn't? I would like to propose a series of events that would reward a player for embarking upon this daring task!

Lets Reform the Carolingian Empire.

Requirements
mid 16th century?
France, Germany/German Nation, Burgundy or Italy/Italian Nation
20 Provinces
Catholic/Counter Reformed Catholic
Stability +3
At Peace

Effects
National Provences in Germany, France and Italy
-200 relations with France, Germany/German Nations, Burgundy, Italy/Italian Nations

French Subdued

Requirements
Control all french provinces
Lets Reform the Carolingian Empire happened

Effects
Inherit France
200 relations with France, Germany/German Nations, Burgundy, Italy/Italian Nations

Germans Subdued

Requirements
Germany Vassalised or
Control all German provinces or
Vassalise Cologne, Mainz, Palatinate, Brandenburg and Saxony or
Control the provences Cologne, Mainz, Palatinate, Brandenburg and Saxony start with.

Effects
Inherit the realms of all nations with a Capital inside HRE if they have good relations like with HRE formation
200 relations with France, Germany/German Nations, Burgundy, Italy/Italian Nations

Italians Subdued

Requirements
Control Lombardia, Venice and Milan

Effects
Inherit all Italian Kingdoms

We have Reformed the Empire
A) We are a New Carolingian Empire
Gain German, Italian and French as accepted cultures
+3 Stability
-200 Relations with all catholics

B) Claim the Throne of the Roman Empire
Gain German, Italian and French as accepted cultures
Set Flag to Roman
Become Rome
Set Roma as capital
-400 relations with all catholics

I thought after this and a brief period of peace they could get a series of events asking them to either take a stab hit or invade other countries (like Spain, North Africa, Greece, Britain Et al.

So what does everyone think?

Having the reformation of the Carolingian Empire as an option would go against the historical passage from feudal entities to nation-states which the mod is trying to follow. I believe that if a player wants to recreate this Empire, they could try to win the 30 Years War, or do a normal, country by country, province by province conquest.
Moreso with the recreation of the (Western) Roman Empire. Also the move of the capital to Rome you suggest, seems rather odd, given that for the last century of its existence the capital of the Empire was at Ravenna, city which would also be the seat of the Exarch of Italy, the (Eastern) Roman Emperor's representative in the penninsula.

Lets Reform the Carolingian Empire.

Requirements
mid 16th century?
France, Germany/German Nation, Burgundy or Italy/Italian Nation
20 Provinces
Catholic/Counter Reformed Catholic
Stability +3
At Peace

The western and eastern frankish empires had split into the "Holy Roman Empire "of German nation and France long before. I think that any attempt at a re-union after the religious split happened should be futile. So I can see that happen only as long as catholic is the only religion in the west, before the reformation happens.
Of the italians only those states north of Rome and of the germans only those west of the Oder should be able to achieve that. The others never were an integral part of the Carolingian Empire. e.g. Naples and Prussia are not eligible. And the nation attemping that should be Emperor of the HRE to have any claim to the Carolingian Empire.

Effects
National Provences in Germany, France and Italy
-200 relations with France, Germany/German Nations, Burgundy, Italy/Italian Nations

Don´t forget the Spanish/Aragones who fear that a new Carolingian Empire will come for the spanish march. And a Pope who fears another Empire like that of Frederick II Hohenstaufen and of course England who will lose it´s continental possesions not to France but the Carolingian Empire. However I don´t think Burgundy should be able to do that immediately - they have their own task before that: recreate the Lotharingian (middle) Empire first.

French Subdued

Requirements
Control all french provinces

Effects
Inherit France

How can you gain 200 relations with France if you just inherited them? On the contrary I think that creating a monster like the Carolingian Empire should grant you - 200 relations with every single of your neighbours who would expect the worst of you.

Effects
Inherit the realms of all nations with a Capital inside HRE if they have good relations like with HRE formation

Italians Subdued

Requirements
Control Lombardia, Venice and Milan

Effects
Inherit all Italian Kingdoms

In the normal Eu2 timeframe after 1419 I can´t see any prince accepting to become part of the "Carolingian Empire" willingly or peacefully so I can´t see any inheritances - only bloody conquest like that of Charlemagne.