• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So we've not decided if anyone is going to try to continue. If so, I recommend we go for megastructures and trying to become a signatory to the Jakly - like yesterday.
wink.gif.14859ae7ded2c0c8b097d7885e2b61ff.gif

So things could be worse - but that is like saying, when being bed-bound by flu, that it could be worse because you might have pneumonia.

I finally caught up with this, that went down quickly at the end - I do wonder when an endgame crisis triggers how the hell are you supposed to survive if your fleet is just over 70k o_O?

So we've not decided if anyone is going to try to continue. If so, I recommend we go for megastructures
I do want to notice that megastructures can only be built with Utopia, and you're playing in vanilla if I'm not mistaken. Do know though that you can repair existing ring worlds with that tech that are spawn in the beginning of the game. Apparently ringworlds are a thing in vanilla, only discovered it yesterday evening when I bought the 2 story packs and expansion for Stellaris.

Ah, ok. Yeah, then it's probably it. Not much to do except wait and hope to survive now. I was told the other day you can't submit to the Jakly either, as their demand was refused in the previous reign.

Ah, ok. Yeah, then it's probably it. Not much to do except wait and hope to survive now. I was told the other day you can't submit to the Jakly either, as their demand was refused in the previous reign.
I guess you could watch by when the endgame crisis fires but that might be boring to wait for. Well if this is the end, than it was a very enjoying run. Especially all the events were interesting, although I didn't really get what specific benefit you got when you let that 'worm' come into your home system?

The worm made us able to live on tomb worlds and made all planets in that system - our home planet included - tomb worlds. :)

Defeat is always bitter, but as others have said, it could have been worse. It's also unfortunate that the Awakened Xenophiles won't accept a signatory request.
I have yet to do much with either fallen or awakened empires - I remember in my first game after Utopia came out I was the empire with the strongest fleet (just over 40k fleet strength, IIRC), and when the xenophile fallen empire awakened and requested that I become a signatory, I kowtowed immediately because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to defeat them.

Defeat is always bitter, but as others have said, it could have been worse. It's also unfortunate that the Awakened Xenophiles won't accept a signatory request.
I have yet to do much with either fallen or awakened empires - I remember in my first game after Utopia came out I was the empire with the strongest fleet (just over 40k fleet strength, IIRC), and when the xenophile fallen empire awakened and requested that I become a signatory, I kowtowed immediately because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to defeat them.
Yes, I somehow managed to avoid the worst of outcomes. But the game is not going anywhere from here, we are weak, we can't get stronger, and we will at some point get DoWed by the Screk and allies, or the Jakly. And we can't sign on to the Jakly anymore. Really a bad design decision there, Paradox. :p Do you hear me @Wiz ; I want to be able to change my mind. Give me a steep cost if need be, but let me submit, darnit. :p

As for the future, we're debating starting a new succession game, possibly when the next patch hits. But at least not before next year.

I'm not home for another week, but I'll check if I remember it when I get home again. :)