• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have started a new page with an important message. Pretty much no-one has voted in the elite Other category of the Q3 2022 ACAs, so if just two of you could go over and vote we should be able to steal a win see this work get some much deserved recognition.

Rest assured, Pip, I am made of sterner stuff.

I am also not above talking down the regressive phenomenon that is craft unionism.
I am suitably reassured on both points.

Personally, I have learnt that I need to be even more absurd in my satire and sarcasm. Writing
HOI4 straight seems to have made people think that's how I think the economy works.
Is it actually satire if it's just stating the actual views of an alarming number of people?
Rest assured, I do not in fact believe that renaming your vast annexation of europe as New Rome and wearing a shiny hat will make all rhe domestic problems inherent to that go away.
That was the least of my concerns, but still good to clear it up.

2 more posts. Hold this man's feet to the fire.
Fire? With current fuel prices?!
It's literary fire. Very cheap.
Basking in the glow of a successful ballot stuffing exercise, ACA Vote is also quite warming I'm told.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Is it actually satire if it's just stating the actual views of an alarming number of people?

That is the problem of Internet satire. The alt right are beyond satirising because they literally do wear hats, swing swords and talk about feminism in the woods.

Meanwhile the radical left are getting suckered into owning the libs rather than punching nazis or something.

One of the only good things about the current crisis is that there's a lot of very good economists starting go launch their own online accounts just to explain econ 101 and why you shouldn't stop at econ 102.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, unless it's a fighter plane. Doubt the workers need a combat aircraft...
Ooooooh. It sounds like things are to come—big things. Maybe John Cabal will set up a Worlds Communication group.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have started a new page with an important message. Pretty much no-one has voted in the elite Other category of the Q3 2022 ACAs, so if just two of you could go over and vote we should be able to steal a win see this work get some much deserved recognition.
If we really want to steal the vote we could try and copy standard practice from the noble defenders of democracy and point out that according to the ballot instructions only one vote so far is actually valid...

• 3Like
Reactions:
A pity that Hitler had not an El Pip to keep him busy reading and learning....

Reactions:
As we impatiently await results I would like to thank everyone who voted for a marvellous display of ballot stuffing, excellent work all round.
Ooooooh. It sounds like things are to come—big things. Maybe John Cabal will set up a Worlds Communication group.
There remains something wonderful about that sort of thing as a setting for stories, not perhaps the specific details but the general airships, massive aircraft and the whole pulp dieselpunk style. I say this as one of the vanishingly few people who quite liked Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, so this is something of a niche view.
If we really want to steal the vote we could try and copy standard practice from the noble defenders of democracy and point out that according to the ballot instructions only one vote so far is actually valid...
Yes, let the hate Florida rules flow through you. Though I gather this should now be updated to Arizona rules.
A pity that Hitler had not an El Pip to keep him busy reading and learning....
Many problems would have been averted. And many different ones caused. ;)
Hitler would have been too weak to stand before the judging gaze of El Pip!
Indeed.
DYAEiOu.gif

But more importantly, welcome back! I feel I must also share your recent alt-warships thread as it is magnificent collection of images - for the viewing delectation of those who have not seen it.

• 5Like
Reactions:
As we are still spamming to the bottom of the page…

Congratulations El Pip on a well deserved topping of the table with the most votes in any category!

Surely such an achievement merits a new update?!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Seems we should be entitled to an honorary update since Pip took the page with a suggestion and responses!

Reactions:
My deep and sincere thanks to the Butterfly fan collective for some marvellous ballot box stuffing, given the narrow margin it was only your sterling efforts that brought home the highly prized Other award at the recent ACAs. I had hoped to celebrate with an update and great progress has been made with many words written, but alas it may yet be a week or so (or more, or less) before it emerges.

As we are still spamming to the bottom of the page…
Some traditions should be maintained.
Congratulations El Pip on a well deserved topping of the table with the most votes in any category!

Surely such an achievement merits a new update?!
Seems we should be entitled to an honorary update since Pip took the page with a suggestion and responses!
I've got 2,000 words of an update, but I'm assuming you'd prefer one that is finished rather than one that just stops abruptly mid-sentence?
An update from El Pip is neither early, nor late. It arrives exactly when it needs to.
Wise words as always, your welcome return continues to raise the tone. We've got TBC around the place so raising the tone is not the mightiest of challenges, but it is still appreciated.
DYAEiOu.gif

• 4Like
Reactions:
We've got TBC around the place so raising the tone is not the mightiest of challenges

I've been known to raise and lower the tone simultaneously, multiple times, in the same comment.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
I've got 2,000 words of an update, but I'm assuming you'd prefer one that is finished rather than one that just stops abruptly mid-sentence?
Certainly we best not have a Sopranos style exit from an update. It just wouldn't be proper her--

• 2Haha
Reactions:
I've been known to raise and lower the tone simultaneously, multiple times, in the same comment.
Sometimes in the same sentence.
Certainly we best not have a Sopranos style exit from an update. It just wouldn't be proper her--
Reluctant handclap

In more positive news, good progress is being made and the next chapter may well emerge this week.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sometimes in the same sentence.

Reluctant handclap

In more positive news, good progress is being made and the next chapter may well emerge this week.
Then allow us loyal readers to provide a top of the page billing for our gift from on high...

Specifically five...

Reactions:
No, you're right. My post will be 6557, which means there are three more posts to go.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Things are getting a bit Brother Maynard and the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch, but that is no bad thing give how tantalisingly close things are getting.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: