• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't do any maps.
No programs nor any skills. :eek:o
New computer. :eek:o
Not even any pdox games installed. :(

But I'm more than happy to see this returning.
One might even say that I be overjoyed.

I can't do any maps.
No programs nor any skills. :eek:o
New computer. :eek:o
Not even any pdox games installed. :(

But I'm more than happy to see this returning.
One might even say that I be overjoyed.

You better get your Pdox games installed asap on your new machine then! And don't forget you still have to fill out your vote in the ACA's, Ene. With such a downturn in voting so far this quarter, we need every vote we can get.

You better get your Pdox games installed asap on your new machine then! And don't forget you still have to fill out your vote in the ACA's, Ene. With such a downturn in voting so far this quarter, we need every vote we can get.

Nah, the thing is that I'm currently on my family's summerhouse, we got a new mega fast computer but there is nothing yet installed.
I still have in my 'proper' home the old computer with all old stuff.

And once I get back to the city I shall fill my vote. :eek:o
Currently in Hattula.

Someone linked this AAR to me and I've spent all day reading it, and like.. WOW. All I can say is "You were spot on picking Biden, how come you missed Palin?"

;) j/k, a fantastic job of keeping me spell-bound all day long, thank you. :)

GJ: Welcome aboard! Glad you've enjoyed yourself so far, and I'll do my best to keep the level of intrigue high! As for Palin, I actually was well aware of her existance pre-McCain, but assumed she'd never be considered due to the ethics investigation into her handling of the police officer ordeal.

To the rest of you: Really? No takers? Nobody wants to do all of my hardwork? :D Okay...well, my next post was going to feature this new character, so 24 hour warning on the offer! First person to offer to make a map for me gets to be in the story as a permanent character! (And of course, the map itself doesn't have to be done in 24 hours). Let me know! Thanks as always!

To the rest of you: Really? No takers? Nobody wants to do all of my hardwork? :D Okay...well, my next post was going to feature this new character, so 24 hour warning on the offer! First person to offer to make a map for me gets to be in the story as a permanent character! (And of course, the map itself doesn't have to be done in 24 hours). Let me know! Thanks as always!
In the hypothetical case that I draw your map, would that mean I will get a clone in the story? :D

Unfortunately I don't have the expertise or time to help you at this point. I think the trick is to find a good blank map of the world. Then you can just use paint to fill the countries with color. Anyway good luck :p

Yay, it's back!!! :D

I could do some maps for you. I've got Photoshop so I can usually do maps pretty quickly, depending on the desired quality.

Slinky: Ha, I considered that actually. I figured I'd let you (or Snugglie) decide who the next character would be based on, if either of you wanted to do the map. But since you didn't...

Congrats (and thank you!) to Wilcoxchar, who will be featured in the very next update, which will be posted tonight!

I would post it now, but I desperately need some sleep. ...and a shower.

I reek of alcohol, cigarettes, and stripper.

Which is odd, given that I spent all of yesterday at the library.

And church.

And...that orphanage I volunteer at.

Well.

I mean...

...the orphanage probably explains the stripper smell.

But the other two remain a mystery!

Slinky: Ha, I considered that actually. I figured I'd let you (or Snugglie) decide who the next character would be based on, if either of you wanted to do the map. But since you didn't...

Congrats (and thank you!) to Wilcoxchar, who will be featured in the very next update, which will be posted tonight!

I would post it now, but I desperately need some sleep. ...and a shower.

Hooray! Can't wait for the next update.

YES! It has returned! Just as Bismarck is prophecied to return when Germany needs militarism again, just as McCarthy is prophecied to return when the US needs more Communist-hunting again, so does ths AAR return when school is almost back and people need more insanity again!

That sentence made this AAR seem a whole lot less of a good thing than it actually is. But I look forward to hearing the cries of pain of EVEN MORE PEOPLE DYING. And make their deaths slow....

.... I have the feeling I just came out sounding creepy.

..... Nah.

:D Look forward to the revived Butterfly Effect!

(Introducing our new map-maker, Wilcoxchar! :D)

Los Angeles, 2014

Walter Wilcox held all of his belongings in a single, cardboard box...and he couldn't breathe.

Dropping his box back on the desk, Walter slowly lowered his 400-pound frame into a wooden chair, which creaked in protest (only because it lacked the vocal chords to scream.)

He just needed a moment to catch his breath. Well...a moment to catch his breath, and something to eat. His blood sugar was probably low. Yeah, that was it. Low blood sugar.

Walter dumped his cardboard box out, spilling contents across the desk, until he found what he was looking for.

A box of powdered donuts, purchased back when Walter thought he still had a job to eat them at.

As he engulfed the first donut, Walter looked around the room at the other men and women just like him. Well...a little thinner, of course, but each carrying a cardboard box nearly identical to his own.

They'd had a good ride...but the dream was over.

They had comforted him for these past few weeks, assuring him that they'd been through this before, following The Incident. They had been so sure that The Incident was the end...but then The Kid turned things around. They knew The Kid was brilliant, of course, but didn't realize that that brilliance spilled over into more than one field.

One of The Kid's first brilliant moves following the Incident, was to hire him.

Walter was hired to save them. To literally save them, in one particular case, but they had all believed that between The Kid's overall brilliance, and Walter's expertise in this one particular field, they would be an unstoppable force.

Walter failed.

Oh, they'd all be fine, of course. Every person in this room would have a better-paying job before the end of the week, and Walter was certainly no exception. He did worry about The Kid, of course, who had dropped out of school and poured every dime of his own personal fortune into this, long before Walter had even heard of it...but even The Kid would eventually bounce back. Bouncing back is what brilliant people do best.

But while they'd all be fine...they'd never be the same.

To have had a role in this...to have had the opportunity to truly change the world...how could they step back? How could they take their jobs at Microsoft and Apple and all those other high-tech jobs, knowing that while they'd have riches beyond their wildest imaginations...they'd never again have the opportunity to...

...to matter.

Walter had been hired to save them. To help them achieve their destiny.

And Walter had failed.

Walter wiped away a tear, inadvertently rubbing the donut across his face and covering his beard in powdered sugar. With a heart even heavier than normal, Walter slowly repacked his belongings, stood up, and started toward the door, never to return.

Until he heard a soft beeping sound.

Walter waddled towards The Receiver, annoyed. The damned thing had never worked...the first of Walter's many failures...and now, in this last moment, it felt the need to mock him as he walked out the door?

Enraged...and re-energized by the powdered donuts...Walter leaned against the wall, ready to kick The Receiver so hard that it would never beep at him again...

When he heard the engine start to power up.

What...what could this...

And then papers began to spill from it's mouth.

Walter dropped his box, the contents spilling once more across the floor, and bent down to gather the falling papers.

He examined them for nearly five seconds, before lurching through the hallway, nearly bowling over the secretary, screaming The Kid's name.

"JOHANN BRAUN-KENNEDY!!!"

Reactions:
Just one more "2014" update, followed by Wilcoxchar's map of the world, circa 1085ish...and then we return to Guines to see what has become of the world...

...with Robert murdered...

...the Banished William returning to Guines for the first time in over 20 years...

...Gulsum running for her life...

...Annelies' plan nearly complete...

...And Matilda holding the key to unlocking the whole thing.

Next time on...

"THE BUTTERFLY DEVICE"

:D

(Introducing our new map-maker, Wilcoxchar! :D)
:D You do exactly what you promise, but with a twist. :p

You also have kept the cliffhangers I see. I am really curious what exactly the reciever recieved.

And how did you come by the name Johann Braun-Kennedy? I get the Johann part obviously and Kennedy probably has some deeper part to play in the story, but did you look at your razor and thought that Braun would be a good name? ;)

Slinky: While Juvenal Quentis was the product of a random name generator (and in fact, his character was going to NEVER be seen in this story, until I fell in love with the name and had to work him in somehow)...Johann Braun-Kennedy literally popped into my head in a LAX terminal (Los Angeles Airport). His name was clearly Johann, first...then I realized I wanted it to be clear that he was American, and what's more American than Kennedy? But Johann Kennedy didn't really flow for me. So he became Johann Braun-Kennedy. Ta-da!

Interesting, I always have a hard time thinking of names. I tend to 'borrow' them from books I like. :)

Heh. That's practically the exact opposite of me in real life, awesome. :D

Actinguy said:
Walter wiped away a tear, inadvertently rubbing the donut across his face and covering his beard in powdered sugar.
Mmmmm, sugar beard.

That part was great Actinguy. Looking forward to more (and getting the map finished :p).