• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fifnaril

First Lieutenant
4 Badges
Jan 21, 2020
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
  • Empire of Sin
Wardens,

We just deployed an update for Prison Architect to address several critical issues we saw reported from the community. The update is coming to Origin soon as well.

• Staff strikes are now playing out correctly. The prison will no longer go into permanent lockdown.
  • Freefire SFX now plays correctly.
  • New bed types (Old Bed, Mattress Bed, Comfy Bed) now work in padded cells.
  • Clean laundry is now brought to inmates that have a new type of Bed in their Cell (Old Bed, Mattress Bed, Comfy Bed).
  • Comfy beds are no longer behaving as low-quality beds. They are now properly tagged as high-quality beds.
  • Comfy beds will now fulfill the Sleep need.
  • Cooks now produce meals according to the quality setting correctly.
  • Food Quantity and Variety for in-game Events are now met.
  • Inmates are now fed correctly. They no longer end up without food when they arrive on time.
  • Numerous UI fixes for 4k+ resolution.
  • The logistic menu no longer closes when selecting a grading option.
  • Janitors and Gardeners’ work can be prioritized.
  • The game will no longer crash when placing a soft pillow without a bed.
  • Prison Sharing on Steam now displays the subscribed map correctly.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I welcome the bug fixes, thank you :) But now the game crashes now and then. Not too often to be frustrating though. One time when loading my saved prison, and two times when loading an auto save (of the same prison).

Win 10, Steam version.

2 things I noticed (tho before this changelog was posted and not mentioned in the changelog)

Staf Canteenshave a max grading of 6/10, since the Meal Quality and Variety don't affect Staff Canteens.
Possible Solutions
- Make Staff Canteen a sperate room designation, where either the quality / variety of food requirement is removed, maybe add some extra requirements to make 10/10
- Remove Staff Canteens entirely, this because you can add Serving Tables to Staff Rooms and transform them into Staff canteens that way without the room designation for Canteen needed.

Free Fire now no longer possible in Staff Only Zones, Access Only Zones and Unlocked Zones.
This used to be possible before this update. It's annoying if you have prisoners in your Perimiter Wall area, which is set to Staff Only,trying to excape by climbing over fences / smishing doors, while Snipers just look at them and do nothing because the game now prevents them from opening fire in Staff Only zones.

Things I'm missing:

Family Cell / Nursery Grading & Padded Cell grading

The option for Criminally Insane inmates to be cured through Psychiatry, but still having to sit out their sentences as regular inmates (or just instantly release them)

Making this game run on more than 1 core

I am playing the Mac version - the Cooks STILL work at the CCTV monitors and the guards STILL won't do this job!!!!
What kind of hotfix is this??? What do I need to do to get it all working again, do I need to start a brand new prison???