• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What if Soviet Union collapses after establising ASU?
It was covered in dev.diary about of USSR collapse. Baathist regime is formed and ASU is transformed into Union of Arab Republics.

Reactions:
Any coming updates to Italy?
In my current Italy game, 36, had an initial flavor, but I didn't get events after 39.
Italian's ambition on the Balkans. And Italian - Austrians/Germans tensions it would be a great choice for chain events.

Any coming updates to Italy?
In my current Italy game, 36, had an initial flavor, but I didn't get events after 39.
Italian's ambition on the Balkans. And Italian - Austrians/Germans tensions it would be a great choice for chain events.
It is not a current priority, but, we have short-term plans for post-WW2 confrontation between Italy and Austrians, in case of Axis victory of course.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Howdy! Curious question here. What's stopping Austria from having ministers, for I noticed they're written in the minister file.

Howdy! Curious question here. What's stopping Austria from having ministers, for I noticed they're written in the minister file.
If you mean on U09 tag ministers for Austro-Hungary in 1936 scenario it will be added. Currently Austria (AUS tag) does not change to A-H tag (U09) when expands.
1914 scenario is just placeholder (I told this dozen of times) and does not have ministers.

If you mean on U09 tag ministers for Austro-Hungary in 1936 scenario it will be added. Currently Austria (AUS tag) does not change to A-H tag (U09) when expands.
1914 scenario is just placeholder (I told this dozen of times) and does not have ministers.
A-ha, so they are seperate tags. That I was seeing 1930s dates for ministers, while obviously playing around with the 1914 start, eluded my attention. This is a good insight into modding. Was vanilla DH always using U09 for Austria-Hungary in the 1914 scenario or is the TBL team using a "good coding practice" to write whole new nations? I need to get into modding, better start reading those tutorials.

Not sure if I've done something wrong with the game..

None of the mobilization events from Darkest Hour are working properly, not for the country I lead or for the AI. I.e. no mobilization is possible, and AI is sadly weak.

Not sure if I've done something wrong with the game..

None of the mobilization events from Darkest Hour are working properly, not for the country I lead or for the AI. I.e. no mobilization is possible, and AI is sadly weak.
We have AI problems with those events so it is turned off until a rework, which is expected to be added soon.

We have AI problems with those events so it is turned off until a rework, which is expected to be added soon.

Okay, thanks for the response. Just a clarification - what do you mean with turned off?

P.s. I believe the conscription decision is available but none of the mobilization ones

You might want to make this clear on the front page of the mod because it essentially makes the mod unplayable - the AI is hopeless underpowered without it. Pity, because the mod is otherwise fantastic!

Okay, thanks for the response. Just a clarification - what do you mean with turned off?

P.s. I believe the conscription decision is available but none of the mobilization ones

You might want to make this clear on the front page of the mod because it essentially makes the mod unplayable - the AI is hopeless underpowered without it. Pity, because the mod is otherwise fantastic!
At db/events/mobilization.txt flie you will see that triggers have "ai = no", that's why they don't use it. Delete it and mobilization will work for AI countries. Problem was that some AI countries constantly mobilize and demobilize several times per year.

TBL-logo.jpg

Information time!
Here it is another dev.diary for upcoming version of TBL mod.

Dev.Diary 11
This Dev.Diary will cover events for Cold War in Middle East which is liberated from Ottoman rule by Allies:
1.png

In late 1946. Great Britain decide to give independence to Middle Eastern and North African Arabs, new independent countries are created and puppet states get full independence:
2a.png

2b.png

2c.png

3.png

Saudi Arabia see this as opportunity to attack Hashemite Arabia that got full independence from British control:
4a.png

British can send to Hashemites:
4b.png

Victorious side annex the defeated one:
5a.png

5b.png

In 1947. PR Israel is proclaimed with support from USSR and USSA:
6a.png

After the proclamation of independence Israel is attacked by Egypt and Saudi/Hashemite Arabia (depending which one exists):
7.png

USSR and USSA can send help to PR Israel:
8.png

Arab victory ends by defeat and annexation of Israel,
Israely victory make their independence secure, If Saudi/Hashemite Arabia controls Sinai then it is given to Egypt because it gets cut off from the rest of the country:
9.png

---------------------------------
If Arabs are defeated dissent in Egypt grows which leads to Islamic Revolution in 1952. and proclamation of IR Egypt:
10.png

11.png

IR Egypt that have option to form Alliance with Saudi Arabia:
12.png

IR Egypt could have event about options for foreign expansion:
13a.png

If Israel is attacked new war could end in Arab victory (annexation of Israel) or Israely victory (Egypt lose Sinai):
13b.png

If Suez Canal is nationalized, British get event how to respond:
14a.png

Saudis if allied with Egypt then attack Oman and Yemen:
14b.png

British victory leads to re-establishment of Kingdom of Egypt and Hashemite rule in Arabia:
15a.png

If British fail to restore control after half of the year they give up:
15b.png

IR Egypt after victory in Suez crisis could have option to fund Islamist takeovers in North African countries which then unite with IR Egypt in Islamic Arab Republic:
16.png

17.png
18.png

In Persia there is event-chain about Abadan Crisis and removal of Mosaddegh from power by British covert operation:
19a.png

19b.png

19c.png

19d.png
----------------------------------
If Hashemite Arabia defeated Saudi Arabia in 1946 and Israel is defeated then after removal of Mosaddegh British have option to initiate formation of Baghdad Pact (G. Britain, Hashemite Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Turkey/Kurdistan):
20a.png

20b.png

If both Turkey and Kurdistan exists and are neutral then British could chose to invite one of them:
21.png

If Saudi Arabia defeated Hashemites in 1946 and Israel is defeated they will have option to invade and annex Egypt:
22a.png

22b.png

Egyptian victory will lead to expansion of Egypt and re-establishment of Hashemite Arabia:
23.png

After victory Saudis will have option to nationalize Suez canal:
24.png

This lead to British response:
25.png

If British attack them, Saudis attack Oman and Yemen:
26.png

British victory leads to re-establishment of Kingdom of Egypt and Hashemite rule in Arabia:
27.png

If British fail to restore control after half of the year they give up:
28.png

Saudis after victory in Suez crisis could have option to fund Islamist takeovers in North African countries which then unite with all of them:
29.png

30.png

31.png
Note: Like in previous dev.diaries this is WiP, could be further changed/improved before release.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Will Egypt be able to attack Israel for second time after forming the Arab Republic and defeating the British?
No, since because of rising power of Egypt, PR Israel would ask USSR for Alliance.
There will be option for Baathist UAR to attack PR Israel if USSR collapse.
Edit: Added option for Arab Republic to attack Israel after defeating the British, but, only if Israel fail to form alliance with USSR or USSA.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Woah!
This semester I had a class especially about the Middle East and I gotta say this looks quite interesting!

Looking forward for it, :p seems amazing!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Where new version?
Once we finish AI rework we plan to release new version. We planned that in Fall of 2019. but we didn't do it. Meanwhile we done couple of hundred of events and new stuff but once the AI is done we will release all that.

• 4Like
Reactions: