• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

guyata

Private
8 Badges
Apr 22, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
Anybody having trouble loading 1914 scenario? My comouter freezes every time. Fresh download.
Don't bother, the 1914 scenario is half baked, I played as the ottomans and absolutely smashed the russians, I even got to saint petersburg and took over finland but no i still had to go all the way to Vladivostock so that i can actually win against russia, looked at the events file and guess what russia can't fall to the ottomans and ontop of that the ottomans only have a surrender event for the fall of constantinople, the other events for the great powers at least there is a win and lose event but the ottomans get neither, so take it from me the scenario isn't worth it even if it does sound cool

Pasha

General
2 Badges
May 26, 2005
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
Don't bother, the 1914 scenario is half baked, I played as the ottomans and absolutely smashed the russians, I even got to saint petersburg and took over finland but no i still had to go all the way to Vladivostock so that i can actually win against russia, looked at the events file and guess what russia can't fall to the ottomans and ontop of that the ottomans only have a surrender event for the fall of constantinople, the other events for the great powers at least there is a win and lose event but the ottomans get neither, so take it from me the scenario isn't worth it even if it does sound cool
I think he commented awhile back that the 1914 scenario is just a place holder and not meant to be played just yet.

guyata

Private
8 Badges
Apr 22, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
I think he commented awhile back that the 1914 scenario is just a place holder and not meant to be played just yet.

it was a couple months back that I played that scenario just telling my experience, I actually didn't know that it wasn't finished, my bad

• 1Like
Reactions:

Pasha

General
2 Badges
May 26, 2005
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
it was a couple months back that I played that scenario just telling my experience, I actually didn't know that it wasn't finished, my bad
No worries. He should probably post a warning/disclaimer on the first post.

AndrisN

Recruit
1 Badges
Feb 16, 2010
  • March of the Eagles
About problematic mobilization events which we talked recently. Here is the old problematic file. I ask someone to help me fix it.
Problem is that "enact moblisation" and "demobilize" events fire to often for AI, sometimes it happens couple of times in same month. Also event for setting a terms of conscription fire in the same manner.
I have only done scripting in HOI1 and not in DH, so this may be totally wrong. However, a lot of DH scripting code grows out of legacy HOI1, so I will take a shot.

I think the repeated cycle of mobilization/demobilization is because of the way the "persistent" trigger is handled by the Europa Engine, and the way it interacts with TAG = { AFG ALB... }. TAG trigger is new for me, but I will assume that means the event can trigger for any of the country tags in the brackets. I can see a couple of reasons for the cycling:

1. If you put a date/deathdate in a persistent event, it will only re-fire each time the game is reloaded (provided the other triggers are met). To have good control over persistent events, you want to have an external event which has a date/deathdate -> triggering a persistent event, with its own internal trigger but no dates. The persistent event will fire multiple times from the external trigger, provided the persistent event's own internal trigger is met.

If you are seeing a country mobilize each time (or alternatively, demobilize each time) right after reloading, this may be the reason.

2. I would set another local flag in the event 8300107, which sets Partial Mobilization to complete. Something like command = { type = local_setflag which = PartialMOB_Complete }. Then include NOT = { local_flag = PartialMOB_Complete } in the trigger section for 8300062, so that 8300062 can't trigger multiple times in succession for the same country.

You can clear PartialMOB_Complete in the demob event (1350005) or some other event, to allow Partial Mobilization at later date for that same country.

Repeat process for General Mob, Total Mob, etc.

3. If that still doesn't work, you may have to create separate Partial Mobilization events for each country, sharing the persistent event 8300107. But from a debugging standpoint, I would run the event chain 8300062 and 8300107 on a single country tag, get the correct results, and then try expanding to multiple country tags, before I bite the bullet and bulk script 100s of separate events for each country

Reactions:

VTs

Sergeant
3 Badges
Dec 13, 2002
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
I have only done scripting in HOI1 and not in DH, so this may be totally wrong. However, a lot of DH scripting code grows out of legacy HOI1, so I will take a shot.

I think the repeated cycle of mobilization/demobilization is because of the way the "persistent" trigger is handled by the Europa Engine, and the way it interacts with TAG = { AFG ALB... }. TAG trigger is new for me, but I will assume that means the event can trigger for any of the country tags in the brackets. I can see a couple of reasons for the cycling:

1. If you put a date/deathdate in a persistent event, it will only re-fire each time the game is reloaded (provided the other triggers are met). To have good control over persistent events, you want to have an external event which has a date/deathdate -> triggering a persistent event, with its own internal trigger but no dates. The persistent event will fire multiple times from the external trigger, provided the persistent event's own internal trigger is met.

If you are seeing a country mobilize each time (or alternatively, demobilize each time) right after reloading, this may be the reason.

2. I would set another local flag in the event 8300107, which sets Partial Mobilization to complete. Something like command = { type = local_setflag which = PartialMOB_Complete }. Then include NOT = { local_flag = PartialMOB_Complete } in the trigger section for 8300062, so that 8300062 can't trigger multiple times in succession for the same country.

You can clear PartialMOB_Complete in the demob event (1350005) or some other event, to allow Partial Mobilization at later date for that same country.

Repeat process for General Mob, Total Mob, etc.

3. If that still doesn't work, you may have to create separate Partial Mobilization events for each country, sharing the persistent event 8300107. But from a debugging standpoint, I would run the event chain 8300062 and 8300107 on a single country tag, get the correct results, and then try expanding to multiple country tags, before I bite the bullet and bulk script 100s of separate events for each country

you can check the .......\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Modding documentation\event commands.txt for information on how DH events work

• 1Like
Reactions:

Nesic8693

Major
5 Badges
Sep 17, 2014
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
There is been some time since my last post.
Just to inform the community that in last few weeks a lot of new stuff have been done [mostly considering total rework of British surrender events].
At this pace of work, new version [v0.6.2] could arrive in November.

• 5Like
Reactions:

Tommy Vercetti

Freelance Mod Contributor
18 Badges
Feb 18, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Just to inform the community that in last few weeks a lot of new stuff have been done [mostly considering total rework of British surrender events].
Awesome news dude

erica

Captain
2 Badges
Mar 6, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
I'm now improving the db (leaders, tech teams, unitnames), should I send them to you after finished?

Nesic8693

Major
5 Badges
Sep 17, 2014
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
I'm now improving the db (leaders, tech teams, unitnames), should I send them to you after finished?
Offcourse, why not...
Please make syre that the US divisioin names in the DB are the same as in the OOB. Almost all mods get them wrong.
I chech, thanks for the tip.