• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry elarma, you are correct: try Lev 1 248068
Wow amish, between turn 20 and 44 your Spear barely moved. And your OL sat still between 22-30. Both of them only waking to punish damage to opp's offensive manouvres. What a snooze-fest... ;)

I loved your monster-scout however, that idea is fantastic!

amishcow said:
Another goodie:
Lev 1 268715

I may have been AFK.
Hahahahaha, that was.. awkward to watch. :p Being AFK and in the lead for 18 turns is pretty good. Winning is even better :D (I was actually thinking to myself, shouldn't the Peg actually able to traverse over there, and then like 10 turns later it spoke.) Classic.

In retrospect , they should have provided a method of viewing these replay's to the people who don't own a copy of the game on the forums somewhere . Don't know how , but it may have helped sales , considering it is the second most popular thread . Can't help but wonder how many people came in here looking to watch a video , but didn't own a copy . The first most popular being the FAQ section , the second being this thread ( how the game is actually played) , like bread and butter , eggs and bacon , cake and frosting - insert your own analogy , would have complimented each other very well .

Last edited:
Agreed, some kind of public display(ing) would've been cool. Not sure how feasible that is, not even StarCraftII has public viewing of VOD:s.

A couple of replays (not the great one I promised you elarma, that one will come later:)):

221931 - 2vs2, 8k [pre-patch, hence the quick Atlases]
Just as I committed turn 1, the (borrowed) computer I was on decided it was time to install windows updates and shut down. Queue gnashing of teeth. TWELVE turns later (in the middle of turn 14) I'm back in the game. Suffice to say, it's an uphill battle, especially as my teammate is losing.

236969 - 2vs2, 8k
I've saved this replay as "10 rails vs elarma".

EDIT: 221635 - 1vs1, 8k, Assassination
This is the replay I accidentally posted first. I was sure I was up shit creek, but assassination is never a sure thing.

EDIT2: I'm Gropah in Lev.

Last edited:
Lol , I remeber that 10 rail battle . I was trying to make the Deadnaught useful . Unless I put the number in wrong , that first replay was a 1v1 . Still a pretty good match though . I miss the fast atlas . They really went a little too far with the speed reduction . Went from being OP to useless in tne blink of an eye , opinion ofcourse .

Lol , I remeber that 10 rail battle . I was trying to make the Deadnaught useful . Unless I put the number in wrong , that first replay was a 1v1 . Still a pretty good match though . I miss the fast atlas . They really went a little too far with the speed reduction . Went from being OP to useless in tne blink of an eye , opinion ofcourse .
Yeah sorry, wrong replay. I entered the correct one and left the 1vs1 Assassination in there also.

Yes Atlas could be slightly faster, but what I feel is the biggest nerf-in-error is the Dread. It could easily keep old speed (it was actually faster than Bullys once accelerated to top speed!) without being OP in the slightest. Would also give it a niche of it's own, and you could potentially use it for something other than self-gimping. It's my fav ship, and it hurts that it's probably the most useless ship of it's respective class. :(

EDIT: Also, IMHO the problem with Atlas speed wasn't really the forward speed, but that it could back up waaaay too fast.

Last edited:
I will edit this with some Dread. replay's . I have a few pretty good one's . But yes , the Dreadnaught could have been made almost useful if it was faster than the Atlas , or kept it as pre-patch speed .

I will edit this with some Dread. replay's . I have a few pretty good one's . But yes , the Dreadnaught could have been made almost useful if it was faster than the Atlas , or kept it as pre-patch speed .
Agreed with the "almost useful"... Still it would be a fun change of pace and an actual choice. Now the choice is pretty much "Hmm should I play with only one hand, or use a Dread instead of an Atlas..".

One of the best (as in intense and/or weird) matches I've ever played. And by far, the longest. A full 79 (SEVENTYNINE) turns long. (ok turns out I once played a 80 turn game, but that match was awful)

For me the lasting impression was made by the little shortfin that could. The indestructible shortfin.
And it wasn't MY shortfin.

Replay # 278436

Highlight
The protagonist: The Scout (1 kauser, 1 barbosa - fully armored)
The nemesis: The Shortfin (1 kauser - fully armored)

We skip to turn 20, when these behemoths are facing off (as most of my stuff is dead):
Scout 1153 hp vs 260 hp, "Time to die, shorty!"

Turn 22:
Scout 1049 hp vs 344 hp, "Grr.. just die already."

Turn 23:
Scout 809 hp vs 372 hp, "But, wtf..."

Turn 25:
Scout 602 hp vs 380 hp, "AMAGAWD Gngnghashfash"

At that point I started to unravel.

Last edited:
I hopped on for the first time in a few months and was surprised to see people online playing!

Shoutout to GRaver, good games!

Lev1 294807 - Nothing too exciting, but worth the watch. Smokey & the Bandit face off against two destroyers. Admiral Elarma (ship) meets his meaner, stronger cousin Atlas.
Lev1 294810 - Fun fun (AKA cheap) assassination
Lev 1 294816 - I used skillheads :p