• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A few from the recent round of new players, including some two versus one action once a noob partner sinks

200683 - Three the Hard Way - taking down three atlases with three stingrays
196282 - Turning Tides - A comeback of some sort - on Skarsgard
195048 - Mil, Ghaz, and noob - Victory against the wildling Ghazef
196462 - Squidicide - a nailbiter where I take the noble option - death by Kraken
185176 - a beastly long match - my 40% life overlord and scout take on a beaten up bully, dread and interceptor w scout. With 150 life and the dread "sinking" somehow hung on to redeem Finnegan's *El Tanko*

he managed to recover from a no way he could win to winning sooo....
Also haddad using smoke to blind himself..... :facepalm: Was a great game

Tbh with the amount of railgun failures(even 0.5secs before firing!!), the amount of time I was blind from bridge dmg or smoke and railgun misses -_- I thought I would lose 100% from the mid of the game.
But I kinda made up for it by trying to hit you even when I could not see through smoke or bridge dmg. I shippped my pants. GG

Last edited:
I like nothing more, in my 1000 + games, than rails vs artillery. If there is such a thing as a "classic battle", this would be it by far for me. Very tense all the way up until the end,for me anyway. For anyone who uses artillery, auto fire would have failed long before the game finally ended. Very good tacticle match on his side. LEV. 1, replay 222485.

#231031 on Leviathan 1.

I'm taking the fleet I described here on it's maiden voyage, having just pulled together all the DLC earlier today. And who do I face? Of course, none other than the fabled and prestigious Elarma!

Complications arise before the game even begins, as the fleet I had designed was a medium fleet, and I had no large fleet prepared. I hastily slap on an extra scrapper and bugger before starting, knowing that I'm running a fleet miserably low on firepower for a large fleet. I immediately deploy my strategy: Scrappers in the front, ready to charge and let loose the railguns, while the Enforcer covers from behind. The buggers... I don't know what to do with, so I send one to patrol the flank and put the other with my Scrappers.

By turn 3-4, I stop my Scrapper charge. I saw replay #109947, and I'm not going to make that same mistake. If my Scrappers dash right into a railgun shelling, I'm done for, so I park myself at the corner and wait for my foe to come to me.

Turn 7: enemy sighted, and they're facing to the side! I charge, hoping to get the jump on them before they turn to face me with their Railguns. Parking myself earlier led to one of my Scrappers taking artillery damage I would have preferred to avoid.

Elearma takes his railboat around my blockade and goes straight for the Enforcer, taking it out with little issue because I don't actually know what I'm doing. At this point, I realize I'm flanked by two atlas boats with ships that have no business ever being attacked from behind; i.e. I've lost. The next 2-3 turns are a tidy trouncing, where I do more damage to my own bugger than any enemy ship.

At first, I'm ready to never quit, resolving to fight to the last breath by ramming Elarma's ships with my weaponless buggers (I'll smack you with my vision probes! I'll bite your legs off!), but then I realize continuing any further is just wasting Elarma's time, so in the name of courtesy I concede.

On the one hand, it was nice to see my Scrappers actually holding out in a firefight; despite only having the prow armored, things didn't really go south until I let myself get flanked like an idiot. On the other hand, if I'm sacrificing armor for better movement, maybe it would be a good idea to actually move. Even when I saw the enemy and had an opening to charge, I opted to just sit there and shoot my railguns from afar. Elarma managed to outmaneuver and flank me with Atlas ships, which is a sound damnation of the whole concept behind my scrappers. I also never used the smoke grenades. Forgot I had them, really.

If you really want to use the stingray to some effect take a look at this. Lev 1, replay 230993. I get a little sloppy with my scouts near the end as it can get difficult to manually aim 4 artillery and move the other boats in 1 minute. The Atlas is actually very fast once it gets up to full speed making it fairly easy to get behind the enemy, the key is to make sweeping turns and dont stop. Once you are behind the enemy pull the full reverse perpendicular move then manual aim the stearn of the enemy boat.

2v2 - Amishcow Jrtson vs Sajkorn D4rkst3EL 235935-Lev1

Small description/spoilers. A very long 60-turn and tactical game on a new map(Svall Islands), with many medium to small ships.
Me starting at the southeast and Saj at northeast side of the map. We went to confront with the enemy if front of us but amish's speed superiority and Jr's ac-L
bullies cornered Saj in the northeast before I am able to reach him. I catch amish's overlord though and the odds are more evened out

2v2 - Amishcow Jrtson vs Sajkorn D4rkst3EL 235935-Lev1

Indeed gg. Our plan was to rush whoever was closest to JRTs fleet. Success! The overlord was a distraction to keep you two separated. You made short work of that paper weight

Our biggest mistake was the disagreement on who's fleet should lead the charge into the center where your Bullys were hanging out. I wanted JRTs bullys to go in first, with my buzzers hitting from behind. JRT wanted my buzzers in first... and since i'm such an amiable guy, I agreed. Poor Life Choice. Add in some drunk driving and beaching of ships, and you had us :)

GG indeed.

246508 Guess it was my fault that i rammed his dying spearhead with my atlas just for the luls after he said gg. And a tip for you alex, a repairing atlas will always have more health than a repairing katakus, except if you wanted a lucky win with a sink proc.... but then again, 40 more turns for a lucky win??

Mind you, he was also the same guy to disband a game he lost.

I hope you enjoyed the replay :)

The War of the Viking servers were not cooperating tonight, so I played a game of Leviathan and a fine,how do you do, I get. I would not take these odds if you asked me before hand, but I really don't like to quit. Was a good match, new guy tried to sink something, and failed. Lev 1, replay # 252498.

The War of the Viking servers were not cooperating tonight, so I played a game of Leviathan and a fine,how do you do, I get. I would not take these odds if you asked me before hand, but I really don't like to quit. Was a good match, new guy tried to sink something, and failed. Lev 1, replay # 252498.

Well done good sir!

I wish I ran spearhead only fleets.

Amish ! How are you. I was hoping when I saw this you had a good replay for me. That was a tense match , for me any way. Trying to calculate how to divvy up my fleet to take 8 or 9 boats on gave me a headache ! Glad you enjoyed it. Don't forget to post Good matches, I love that stuff. Let's at least keep this thread alive. Arty saved me again.

Amish ! How are you. I was hoping when I saw this you had a good replay for me. That was a tense match , for me any way. Trying to calculate how to divvy up my fleet to take 8 or 9 boats on gave me a headache ! Glad you enjoyed it. Don't forget to post Good matches, I love that stuff. Let's at least keep this thread alive. Arty saved me again.

Hey Elarma, I am well. Been playing the Hearthstone Beta.

Heres a tactical game for you... and as close as they get. Pretty boring... but tactical! Lev 1248068