• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just wanted to say that even though I haven't launched Eu3 in over 6 months, this makes me want to play MP again.

ow you have more armies than GB and Spain combined! and GB has 500 big ships? :eek: i'm not used to such numbers , but i don't really play MP.

ow you have more armies than GB and Spain combined! and GB has 500 big ships? :eek: i'm not used to such numbers , but i don't really play MP.
I'm actually quite low on troops right now, but yeah, the Land-Naval Slider as well as the number of military NIs you need to be effective in one field or the other means you get hugely biased countries. 500 ships isn't even that many, even for 5.2 but especially compared to 5.1; seeing over 1,000 ships by now in 5.1 was not uncommon.

Such a good AAR. Cant wait for the next mega war. Maybe even a world war?

Can you imagine a France, Ottomans, GB, Sweeden and Spain VS. Italy Austria Prussia Russia

Such a good AAR. Cant wait for the next mega war. Maybe even a world war?

Can you imagine a France, Ottomans, GB, Sweeden and Spain VS. Italy Austria Prussia Russia
GB and Spain don't really have much useful stuff, so I imagine we'd lose such a war pretty horribly (although I doubt those alliances would happen in the first place). It'd be easy for them to divide and conquer.

GB and Spain don't really have much useful stuff, so I imagine we'd lose such a war pretty horribly (although I doubt those alliances would happen in the first place). It'd be easy for them to divide and conquer.

Everyone want to see France lose for once :p

i dont actually. i personally hate it when people beating someone just for heck or because he's winning. just a few weeks ago i had a nice example. i was playing colonists of catan with some friends, and had them all checkmate with me winning the next turn. what do they do? they gift all their recources to the player before me for a useless one and allow that player to beat me just because they didnt want me to win. which is just one example. other examples are mortal enemies joining up just to beat that nation without a reason they should do.

hence i'd not like people joining up just for beating that good guy. it makes plenty of sense for italy, austria and prussia to gang up on france, but SPAIN attacking france? no real reason. its all much more fun if you just let common sense do its job. do i gain by this war? if no, you shouldnt be fighting it. russia paying people to perma embargo france is at the limit, but everyone just mindlessly ganging up on him is just unfair.

anyways, do you have any intention of expansion somewhere sometimes? being all incredebly strong is nice, but if you dont exploit it its kinda wasted.

i dont actually. i personally hate it when people beating someone just for heck or because he's winning. just a few weeks ago i had a nice example. i was playing colonists of catan with some friends, and had them all checkmate with me winning the next turn. what do they do? they gift all their recources to the player before me for a useless one and allow that player to beat me just because they didnt want me to win. which is just one example. other examples are mortal enemies joining up just to beat that nation without a reason they should do.

hence i'd not like people joining up just for beating that good guy. it makes plenty of sense for italy, austria and prussia to gang up on france, but SPAIN attacking france? no real reason. its all much more fun if you just let common sense do its job. do i gain by this war? if no, you shouldnt be fighting it. russia paying people to perma embargo france is at the limit, but everyone just mindlessly ganging up on him is just unfair.

If any nations get to strong in Eu3 multiplayer he will get ganged on by all other nations :p

Everyone wants to be the strongest =), at the moment France are the strongest nation around so of course most people want to take him down.

anyways, do you have any intention of expansion somewhere sometimes? being all incredebly strong is nice, but if you dont exploit it its kinda wasted.

He did just sacrifice is strategical ally, so we all must hope that he will earn something in the process.

theres nothing wrong with ganging up just to bring him down(i.e. the ottomans and austria working togetehr against france although they loathe eachother because its threathening them all), but i hate it when people in a good, unchallengable position go around smacking someone just for the heck of it. its a pain to be on the receiving end, and even when on the giving end(which i try to avoid) it leaves a kind of empty feeling if it challenges logic. i'd be pretty much fine with a italy-austria-prussia alliance to curb france because it makes sense: they are all threathend by them. maybe even the ottomans. but ATM spain really has no reason to go kick france. why would he? he's locked one urope for the most part. untill he starts building a serious navy or smashes germany he isnt in any position to be threathend the next couple of centuries, simply because you cant commit to an large overseas war against a large power when your dominance at home is still shaky. which it currently is.

but yes, it does make sense. kill the strong guy so i can et a chance to be it. but please, dont go around allying your worst enemy and just freely giving cash to support the actual warmongers just because someone is a bit better than you. especially if you can exploit wars yourself, like russia or the ottomans attacking austria whe they are fully commited to france.

The game was postponed this week since OE is switching perms and the new perm won't be available until next week, and because a few other major players weren't there (turns out they slept in). Should resume next week.

The game was postponed this week since OE is switching perms and the new perm won't be available until next week, and because a few other major players weren't there (turns out they slept in). Should resume next week.

They dident sleept in they where just still to drunk to wake up in time damn Brits drinking on a Monday gah

A convenient event gave me 150 ducats and a free National Focus move (which didn’t reset the cooldown), giving me a few extra magistrates as a result.

How does this event (code below) effect magistrates? I don't get it.

How do you use your national focus btw? I ususally place it where it effects as many provinces as possible and are done with it. It might be used to speed up missionary and colonist work or fight revolt risk, but the cooldown for movement is very long (and you want it at certain times in the capital for decisions or to create a CoT somewhere etc.)

Code:
province_event = {
	id = 9472

title = "EVTNAME9472"
	desc = "EVTDESC9472"

trigger = {
		NOT = {
			has_national_focus = yes
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 25000
	}

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA9472"
		add_province_modifier = {
			name = "benign_neglect"
			duration = 7300
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTB9472"
		owner = {
			national_focus = THIS
			years_of_income = 0.20
		}
	}
}

How does this event (code below) effect magistrates? I don't get it.

How do you use your national focus btw? I ususally place it where it effects as many provinces as possible and are done with it. It might be used to speed up missionary and colonist work or fight revolt risk, but the cooldown for movement is very long (and you want it at certain times in the capital for decisions or to create a CoT somewhere etc.)

Code:
province_event = {
	id = 9472

title = "EVTNAME9472"
	desc = "EVTDESC9472"

trigger = {
		NOT = {
			has_national_focus = yes
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 25000
	}

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA9472"
		add_province_modifier = {
			name = "benign_neglect"
			duration = 7300
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTB9472"
		owner = {
			national_focus = THIS
			years_of_income = 0.20
		}
	}
}

When building inside a National focus you get 0.2 magistrates back on a finished building