• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Russia doesnt like that France is nearly as rich as them so Russia is willing to pay 5k to anyone thats willing to permanently Blockade them

That was a big blow to Ottoman ambitions - the problems of remaining politically aloof are clear to see. Sounds like you needed this session, the French have gone through not only a recovery but a resurgance at least in terms on income. Great stuff Pewt, really enjoying this AAR.

Clear to see that the Austrians noticed France isn't in the mood for war and can't be beaten even if she tried. So, grabbing at least 10 more provinces to catch up to France and to replace some provinces she lost in order to keep up with France. Eventually, one or the other will fall but not any time soon.

With this, wouldn't the Ottoman be inclined to go against Austria when they go back to war against you? He seems too big to be reduced to irrelevance by the end of your NAP, after all.

Edit : Is that Prussia in Sweden?

It seems the ottomans have paid quite the price for stepping on many toes while making no friends. I wouldn't be surprised if they jump Austria in your next mega-war. If they don't, I'm sure that that will only happen with some serious concessions from Austria.

Regardless of these setbacks, the ottomans are still the biggest economy around. Even if they are no longer super dominant, they are not a force to be trifled with.

Oh, and as to Elcyion's proposed anti-French deal, well, jealousy isn't attractive, even if I understand your reasoning. If I were in your position, I'd be more concerned with the powers closer to home, Prussia Austria and The Ottomans. The French won't threaten you until long after the Germans are dead.

Why is edict de nantes considered a poor decision to take?

Its part of a Tolerance for heretics Country strategy..

Certain Countries gain alot by having High Tolerance and Switching to a Non main religion for example Ottoman Empire can get 6 or 7 Tolerance for Sunni if they switch to Shiite the same is true for France with Edict of Nantes with it they can get a tolerance of 7 for Protestant and Catholic if they Switch to Reformed with theyr country either protestant or Catholic that is its -3 rr and 30% more tax then having same Religion its part of an Anti WE tactic actuly basicly stack all -RR descions plus Tolerance and ure Immune to WE this Tactic also works very well for Eastern Nations with the good spread of Tolerance Descions that are available

It seems the ottomans have paid quite the price for stepping on many toes while making no friends. I wouldn't be surprised if they jump Austria in your next mega-war. If they don't, I'm sure that that will only happen with some serious concessions from Austria.

Regardless of these setbacks, the ottomans are still the biggest economy around. Even if they are no longer super dominant, they are not a force to be trifled with.

Oh, and as to Elcyion's proposed anti-French deal, well, jealousy isn't attractive, even if I understand your reasoning. If I were in your position, I'd be more concerned with the powers closer to home, Prussia Austria and The Ottomans. The French won't threaten you until long after the Germans are dead.

Russia isent worried a bit about Prussia-OE-Austria due to the player skills involved its better to focus on Keeping Pewt down then any of its current Neighbours.... Plus Pewt is a megolamaniac that has to be Stopped.... hes Evil... Hes the Devil.... He doesnt give out free Cookies.... He Suported Ron Paul.... He dresses in Womens Clothing... Hes in reality a Communist... He gives money to Al Quaida... He sells Slaves to Africa... He Supports the removal of the bill of rights....

With this, wouldn't the Ottoman be inclined to go against Austria when they go back to war against you? He seems too big to be reduced to irrelevance by the end of your NAP, after all.

Edit : Is that Prussia in Sweden?

Russian will not sit idle any longer.

Russian services are for sale in exchange of provinces or gold.

Russia will not prolong any naps if we are not payed for it, with the exception of the Dutch nation.

Ottomans problem are that they don't have any defensible border against any nation.

All wars they got into would mean auto lose.

That was a big blow to Ottoman ambitions - the problems of remaining politically aloof are clear to see. Sounds like you needed this session, the French have gone through not only a recovery but a resurgance at least in terms on income. Great stuff Pewt, really enjoying this AAR.

If ottos had joined France, Russia would have act and probably Italy also.

Last edited:
Russia isent worried a bit about Prussia-OE-Austria due to the player skills involved its better to focus on Keeping Pewt down then any of its current Neighbours.... Plus Pewt is a megolamaniac that has to be Stopped.... hes Evil... Hes the Devil.... He doesnt give out free Cookies.... He Suported Ron Paul.... He dresses in Womens Clothing... Hes in reality a Communist... He gives money to Al Quaida... He sells Slaves to Africa... He Supports the removal of the bill of rights....

How can one not give out free cookies ? Pewt, ARE YOU A MONSTER ?

On second thought, it might not be a bad idea to subsidize the Austro-Prussians during their next war, if they need it. No reason to cost yourself the ever-valuable manpower in a war when you can simply prop up enemies of the French. Indeed, this seems like a viable tool for the Ottomans as well. If there are any players out there who are concerned about the expansion of Austria and the continual power of Italy, I could see a well placed bribe or two help bring the Ottomans out of the gutter. if they could make their three-on-one curbstomps into a multi-front war, they would stand a lot better chance, I think.

Indeed, this seems like a viable tool for the Ottomans as well. If there are any players out there who are concerned about the expansion of Austria and the continual power of Italy, I could see a well placed bribe or two help bring the Ottomans out of the gutter. if they could make their three-on-one curbstomps into a multi-front war, they would stand a lot better chance, I think.

Problem is Ottomans diplomatic situation.

1. France got nap with Austria-Italy
2. Ottoman and Russia got a history of bad blood where Ottoman have threaten and bullied Russia for most of the campaign.
3. Sweden and Spain are to weak.
4. Prussia are not strong enough to fight on land against Italy/Austria.

Only nation that Ottoman can turn to is England.

And we shall also take into account Pewts true feelings about Russia:

[00:02:06] Sean H - Pewt: russia weakest nation
[00:02:09] Sean H - Pewt: so weak
[00:02:12] Sean H - Pewt: russian neighbours are superpowers
[00:02:16] Sean H - Pewt: have pity on russia
[00:02:18] Sean H - Pewt: show mercy to russia

Last edited:
If i were Spain id try to ally with Britian against Italy in order to kick them out of the americas and maybe reclaim the lost homeland, im sure Britian would want to get back at Italy. Ottomans are now paying for their overextension and i cant see anyone rushing to help them in the near future.

Would a Spanish-British-Turkish navy be able to beat a Dutch-Italian-Austrian navy? they could avoid the worst parts of the invasion, which seem to be the Turk's long Mediterranean coast line. if they could concentrate the enemies on their eastern and western borders, it would be much better than trying to defend their entire coast line. (If I'm interfering too much, just tell me.)

Would a Spanish-British-Turkish navy be able to beat a Dutch-Italian-Austrian navy? they could avoid the worst parts of the invasion, which seem to be the Turk's long Mediterranean coast line. if they could concentrate the enemies on their eastern and western borders, it would be much better than trying to defend their entire coast line. (If I'm interfering too much, just tell me.)

http://www.europa3.ru/cgi-bin/mpsta...e=int&season=comp-2013&game=XVI&yearsave=1600

Compare and tell me what you think.

PS the british navy are bigger than the rest of the worlds combined navy

If i were Spain id try to ally with Britian against Italy in order to kick them out of the americas and maybe reclaim the lost homeland, im sure Britian would want to get back at Italy. Ottomans are now paying for their overextension and i cant see anyone rushing to help them in the near future.
I am going to try to get another nap with GB by giving him stuff, though idk if he will accept any deal. Spain doesn't have many cores in iberia since most of it was sold to me after the first 2 wars. Also I don't think GB and Spain could defeat me on land.