• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aug 11, 2005
This is my first attempt to write an AAR, I hope you like it.
Please forgive all possible typos or spelling mistakes, my english skills are somewhat limited.

The game will be played on 1.2 Doomsday, with Stony Road 2.08 installed.
1936 scenario.

Settings: Very Hard/Agressive/HSR Hard

I will try to avoid all cheats. I won't take control of my allies forces, unless they are my puppet, or do something really stupid.
I also won't build any motorised troops until 1939 (SOV has the tech from 1st January 1936). I will however keep all the MOT I allready have.

The Idea of this AAR is that I will play a somewhat historical game, (no WC this time) and struggle to victory, or defeat.
I can't quarantee I will win the war, it could aswell be full retreat from day 1 of the war all the way to Vladivostoc, but atleast I will try all I can.

Expect an update later tonight.

Happy reading! :)

Well done, good luck on taking on your first AAR- Enjoy yourself!

Maybe i missed it but could you tell us who you will be playing as? :)

Chapter I: Removing the dissidents

fsscr003rq9.jpg

I start with lovering the dissent, and I want to do it as fast as possible. So all available IC is producing consumer goods. The only exeptions are the IC required for production and some to supplies. Reinforcements and updating will have to wait for now.

I moved the lobbyness-slider to hawk lobby. Nothing else over there.

fsscr004du7.jpg

I ordered the scientist to work on some machine tools to boost the output of our factories. Also the research on new agricultural machinery for our farmer-comrades was started, so less comrades would be needed on the arable fields and more of them could become soldier-comrades to fight on the battlefields.
On the military side of technology, research begun on more powerful anti-aircraft artillery, more modern fighters and bigger battleships.

redfleetot6.jpg

Just that you know... Well, I'm not planning to have huge navy anyways.

my.php

That balances it little bit, and yes, I am going to build superhevies. They are just so cool!

fsscr011wk6.jpg

Yunnan joins the war, will this be the end of communism in China?

fsscr016ya4.jpg

Shanxi can't resist gang banging the small, poor and defenceless commies.

fsscr018rc4.jpg

Germany decides it's time for some action! Let me have some of it too!
And be damned! The next day they actually re-occupate the Rhineland! Nobody actually cares. (Formal protests from UK and France)

fsscr026ze7.jpg

Quick look at the East, and I notice that, against all odds, the little commies have gained some land! This more than doubles their IC.

fsscr024wn2.jpg

As an encouragement, we "sell" them a '18 cavalry division and some ammunation for 15 dollars.

I also notice that I have no information of their army at all, so I send someone to ask them about it. Too bad they tought he was a spy and executed him.

fsscr031rr2.jpg

They make even more gains! Go Chinese!

On May 11th scientists finish research on early AA and start on advanced construction engineering. Progress is painfully slow...

fsscr033xn0.jpg

The Ethiopians are on offensive, and have encircled the Italians! We try to get a spy trought their high-tech security systems, but we fail.

fsscr035fz5.jpg

Just when it's getting interesting, they decide to make peace. Silly little wannabe-commies...

May 29th: More technology! Early fighters finished, basic close air support started.

fsscr040lb6.jpg

June 2nd: Italians, irated because of the still lasting encirclement, start "Massive air bombing campaing" against Ethiopia. I can't see any difference in the situation. Maybe because I still haven't successed to get any spies there.

June 3rd: It seems it worked! Ogaden falls, and the month lasted encirclement is broken.

June 16th: The Guangxi Clinque vs. rest of the China (exept the peace-loving commies, ofcourse) starts.

fsscr046zv1.jpg

Hurray! Finally everyone is happy, and we can start to actually build something.
2x3+1 Mountain elite divisions, pride of the whole Soviet Union, are ordered. Also some boats are being built. As are airbases and AA guns.
Existing divisions also get some reinforcements.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, that was my firts ever AAR update! :)
I might have to resize some of those pics for future updates...

Gul Brown:
Thank you, and no, I didn't tell who am I playing as in the first post, because I thought you maybe could tell it from the headline - Soviet union that is. ;)

Last edited:
Lützow said:
Gentlemen, that was my firts ever AAR update! :)
I might have to resize some of those pics for future updates...

Gul Brown:
Thank you, and no, I didn't tell who am I playing as in the first post, because I thought you maybe could tell it from the headline - Soviet union that is. ;)

:rofl: My fault i saw "the blood red star" and entered the AAR, that must be a good omen for you though- people are entering to read without even reading the title!

lifeless said:
dumb chinese commies! nice start

Agreed, the Communists were on a roll, stupid AI accepting the peace, cowards ! :D

Chapter II: Military Modernizations

Now that the dissent has been purged, It was time for modernization of the Red Army. Recruitment of young soldiers, pilots and seamen begun. The goal was to get all units to full strenght during this year. Then would follow the modernization, Red Army would finally get rid of all those revolution-era weapons and become the most modern and powerful army of the world!

July 12: Austro-German agreement. It seems that the nazis wan't something from the Austrians, we just couldn't just get what it exactly is...

fsscr012xd8.jpg

Civil war in Spain! Fasists are trying to knock down the goverment! Planning for intervention starts.

July 19th: Republicans take back Madrid.

July 20th: Basic Machine Tools finished, Census Tabulating Machine started

July 21th: France and UK decide not to give aid to Republican Spain. Traitors...

July 23th: We send volunteers to Spain, I hope it helps!

July 25th: Germany sends support to the Nationalists.

July 28th: Guanxi vs The-Rest-of-China war ends. USA supports the facists.

fsscr017jb4.jpg

Republicans seem to be winning. Good for them.

fsscr018rp9.jpg

Ethiopia still Standing! How long can they resist the fasist invasion?

fsscr020kg3.jpg

Republicans are winning, Nationalist are winning, Republicans are winning, Nationalist are winning, Republicans are winning, Nationalist are winning...

fsscr025wc5.jpg

Ethiopia falls. Everyone celebrates Ciano for his great work. Agains the most brilliant Ethiopia tacticians, the finest armies of the whole indepent Africa, after years of constantly being encircled, he finally did it!

September 12th: Most of the reinforcement done, the partial army modernization begins. Armored divisions being the priority.

September 16th: We start research on Super-Heavy Battleships!

Chapter III: Purge the Traitors!

fsscr034rh1.png

The tide is turning in Spain.

fsscr035bp9.jpg

September 30th: We finally get a spy to Nationalist Spain. I just don't think those estimates are exactly right...

October 11th: Mechanised Acriculture is finished, Improved Machine Tools started.

fsscr042kd0.jpg

First set of Mountain troops ready for deployment! They are assigned to Kiev area. To celebrate this I promote their leader, Lt. General Voronov, to General.
We start producing 1 more line of Mountain troops.

Also the reinforcements campaing is finished, and the rest of IC spent there is transfered to upgrades.

November 1st: More precise reports from Spain arrive. Nationalists: 16 inf, 0 arm. Republicans: 10 inf, 1 arm.

fsscr055oe5.jpg

December: More progress in Spain. The Canarian islands are under nationalist command.

fsscr056rz7.jpg

New destroyers are assigned to the not-so-mighty Baltic fleet.

New Airfield is built in Sumy. Our fighters can now reach all the area from Orel to the Polish border.

January 1st 1937: New year! We move 1 towards interventionism.

fsscr066ln8.jpg

Nationalist start a major offensive in Spain. They manage to pocket some republicans, and cause general havoc.

February 19th: Germany, Italy and Japan sign the Anti-Comitern patch. What ever...

fsscr078gj0.jpg

The frontline in Spain solidifies again. Nationalist clearly have the advantage.

fsscr0dx9.jpg

March 3: The purge begins... I am playing historically, so I go for the purge.

fsscr01jo9.jpg

And if you thought that hurted, how about this?

fsscr02ik4.jpg

Yup, my tanks have no org at all... That's just great. Regular inf has 5 org.

March 4th: We replace the prince-of-terror Lavrentini P. Beria with crime-fighter Sergej Uritskiy.

April 1st: Census Tabulating Machine finished, so we start Large Front Doctorine for the +10 org.

"Yup, my tanks have no org at all... That's just great. Regular inf has 5 org."

This is why I stoped playing Stony Road :p I hate to see my lovly Soviet (AI) motherland be raped by the germans every time =(

Good luck by the way, I will be watching this!

Yikes! I had no idea Stony Road events were this brutal. :eek: I hope you get some of that org back some time in the future or this really will be a short AAR.

A good AAR so far. Stony Road is too much masochism for me personally, but it usually makes an interesting AAR.