• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Huh? The MFKS1 Magic Bazaar sold 6 potions (Dirgo Strength, Fire Balm, Speed Tonic, Regeneration Potion, Shapeshifter Elixer, Invisibility Brew) and that was it. Are you confusing it with the Library?

I guess its the Library - which is sorely missed. Sorry, been years since I last played it. Thanks Hassat Hunter.

A few other stuff to add:

• Enemy stats available. Also state weaknesses to which weapons/magic attacks.
  • When a flag is cancelled the remaining money will go to heroes which answered call
  • Trading posts have no goods or visits (even though it has these details). Should be an outstationed marketplace but with limited goods n quantity
  • Lords do nothing. They do not attack or protect at all. Most of the time seeking adventure or staying at home. "Willing to sacrifice...for your kingdom"?? Very misleading description. (Really cheesed off about this new feature!).
  • Have a proper description for each building or character instead of just humour.
  • I believe in the original, the mini map displayed different coloured dots to show who is doing what.

Enemy stats available. Also state weaknesses to which weapons/magic attacks.
Enemies display their damage and weakness to melee/ranged/magic when holding your mouse over them. What else do you need?
When a flag is cancelled the remaining money will go to heroes which answered call
Somewhat agreed, especially when a transport (Mission, Trading Post) arrives at destination and the remaining money just vanishes instead of being given out.
I believe in the original, the mini map displayed different coloured dots to show who is doing what.
If you have a building selected heroes who are attached to it turn white, marketplace selected trading carts turn white, flag selected the interested turn white.
Especially the last one should be added, as there is no indication at all now which heroes are on a task :(.

I'm still waiting for this new patch, I want the map editor before I make any further requests to the game. I stopped playing at all because I already beat it and there is no difference at all to playing it now. I agree with a lot you (Hassat) and gamer8 have said though. I wish Majesty 1 worked on Windows 7. Hey can one of the devs please make a quick fix patch for Windows 7 compatability? Seriously? I want to play Majesty 1 again...

I couldn't get majesty 1 working on windows 7 but it works perfectly on virtualbox with windows xp installed on it!

As for changes they need to do:

AI:

1) The "Going home" and "Going shopping" states need to be capable of being interrupted. It is very annoying to see a hero walk in the opposite direction of something you urgently need them to take notice of and for them to have no chance to pay attention to it until they have "gone home".

2) Protection flag: Heros should not ignore everything around them that is dying just because they are protecting a building 1cm away.

3) Heros should not "go shopping" everytime they chug 1 potion. Maybe if there is nothing better for them to pay attention to which is not the case when they usually do it.

4) Heros should be more unique.

Ok, the rogue steals but thats about it, heros all around need more personality.
Rogues stealing from lairs, your own buildings, other heros, etc.
Low willpower heros being attracted to gambling halls was interesting in majesty 1 too. So was certain heros planting flowers other heros could use.

Right now every hero seems the same except with a different graphic.

Sim buildings:
There need to be more sim buildings like in majesty 1. Things you can watch heros interact with. Majesty is a sim afterall..

4) heros should be more unique.

Ok, the rogue steals but thats about it, heros all around need more personality.
Rogues stealing from lairs, your own buildings, other heros, etc.
Low willpower heros being attracted to gambling halls was interesting in majesty 1 too. So was certain heros planting flowers other heros could use.

Right now every hero seems the same except with a different graphic.

Sim buildings:
There need to be more sim buildings like in majesty 1. Things you can watch heros interact with. Majesty is a sim afterall..

+1

I have read the whole topic, and let me just chip in about a few things I'd like to see fixed/improved - things I saw others mention, and a few ideas of my own:

1) "On the hero panel the "go top" button (when you have too many hero to show all in the same time and you can scroll down/up) is under the upper UI." - and why is the list of heroes arbitrarily capped? It would be nice if we could set the number of lines we want to have on the screen in the options. I hate not being able to see all of my heroes stats...

2) Some sorting options to hero panel. - ie sorting by class, level. -> yes, please. In particular: being able to sort them by party, action and HEALTH (dynamic)

3) Option to show heroes' name and level in the game like it was in the first game. - yes, please

4) Option to continue missions after winning and choosing the lord. -> YES, PLEASE :)

5) Fear flags should stay as long as the player remove them. -> yeah... I used a fear flag recently for the first time, and then it disappeared...why? (also: is there a point in putting gold into a fear flag?)

6) Monsters should loot the money from destroyed buildings as in the original game. - yes...

That's from the original posts. Stuff from other posters I liked:

* more heroes' personality (actions: patrolling the street, sleeping, falling in love, seeking revenge :D)
* more heroes' interaction with buildings / more recreation buildings for heroes (gambling hall, food stalls, fountain to toss the gold in for good luck (and rogues could steal from), royal gardens with their rest and free spell, and finally: bring back the gazebo! :), etc.)
* more heroes' socializing - talking, quarreling, preaching...
* stress-o-meter requiring heroes to do some relaxation...
* planting and collecting plants for some classes was fun
* dead heroes should leave treasure behind, and/or it should be stolen by monsters
* heroes should not ignore monsters that are close to them if they are not fleeing
* high level heroes should take the initiative and raid lairs
* a hero in a party that is not a leader should still be marked (small star); also the stars could have a number in them indicating on the hero rooster which party they are in (and I'd like to be able to sort the rooster by party, with leader in the front, and members to the right...)
* why are rangers no longer gaining exp from exploring?
* where is the library? :( It could be used for other classes then mages, it could be a counterpart for the training arena/fairground allowing heroes to raise some stats a little...
* monsters lairs should respawn after some time
* monsters spending money - upgrading the lairs sounds fun :)
* dungeon idea by maximusss and ValentineHeart is fun (would probably require its own expansion, but... why not?)
* monsters should try to run away if outmatched, some smart monsters shouldn't be suicidal...
* patrol flag - yes!
* trading posts offering goods
* flag should not only say how many are interested in it, but who
* better interface for spell casting on parties
* more indicators - for when resurrection from tombstone is viable, for when a spell with a duration expires...
* more upgrades for defensive buildings
* party formation improvement - dismiss heroes from the inn gathering if you don't want them in the party (so they wouldn't come back for a few minutes)
* fear flag for monsters - why not
* why the dwarves no longer build?
* healers should prioritize healing over everything else...
* building destruction notifications for things other then trade posts...
* heroes should not consume magic bazaar potions till they need them; how often do I see heroes safe in the middle of the town gulping them... also, they should not consume them for easy fights (15 level hero gulping potions to take down a sewer rat...). Note: this is post patch 1.3
* undead should be immune to poison, fire elementals should be immune to fire. etc.
* buying new stuff should be changed to more specific ("ex. buying new weapon")

My own ideas I haven't seen elsewhere here:
* destroyed den having some special (item) treasure?
* personality for heroes could be part of their description, assigned from a list of quirks
* rangers should hunt food animals :D
* somebody mentioned that tax collectors are not respawned beyond two - yet we are not even told when they die; is it possible to resurrect them?
* any chance for monks?
* more zoom in?
* blacksmith should bring in at least a little default income (50, 25, anything) - peasants buy tools too...
* "gather here" flag
* can the wizards towers be set on autorecharge?
* I am not sure - but are the rogues still able to steal money from other heroes & buildings & graveyard?
* monsters leveling up
* unique items found in lairs - flaming swords, magic armor, etc.
** and give them to lords to make them truly unique
*** why only one hall of lords? I want to have all of them in my campaign...
*it would be nice if all guilds sold something to other heroes; currently many don't
* max/min level for flags
* ranged attack classes should maintain range from enemy, use "fighting retreat", etc.

Things that may already be implemented? I am not sure...
* monsters forming their own parties (some of course more likely then others... wolf packs, vampires and leaches controlling lesser undead, etc.)
* treasure chests containing non-gold items (since some of my heroes get items I know I am not selling yet I presume this happens... but a notification about heroes finding special treasures would be nice)
* are flags split evenly between nearby heroes?
* what, wizards no longer have area spells?

Final thought: more sim, please. I hate most RTSes, I loved the old Majesty. It is a niche sim-RTS - don't lose the sim part, there is plenty of RTS that will compete you out of the market... Majesty's strength was the sim part.

If there are some balance issues, as some suggested, why not add a SIM switch? If you switch it on, the heroes do more misc stuff but also have more initiative on the map, recreating the old feel.

Been meaning to add this for a while and apologies if it's already been mentioned but...

Configurable Easy/Medium/Hard difficulty settings.

Examples of variables that might be affected

- all costs are at 0.75x/1x/1.25x of standard price
- heroes do 2x/1x/0.5x damage to monsters (or vice versa)
- amount of starting gold
- heroes (or AI enemies) have 0.5x/1x/2x hit points
- lair spawn rate
- number of days before critical events occur that affect difficulty

More mission feedback at end of mission, like a 1-10 star rating, based on time taken, heroes killed, buildings destroyed, buildings lost, gold earned etc. Could even represent the ranking by a monster, eg. 1 is a rat, 2 is a skeleton, 10 a dragon etc. Sometimes we might think we've done good but it would be nice to have some sort of objective yardstick. Simply completing a particular scenario is one thing but completing it WELL is a different matter entirely.

Been meaning to add this for a while and apologies if it's already been mentioned but...

Configurable Easy/Medium/Hard difficulty settings.

Examples of variables that might be affected

- all costs are at 0.75x/1x/1.25x of standard price
- heroes do 2x/1x/0.5x damage to monsters (or vice versa)
- amount of starting gold
- heroes (or AI enemies) have 0.5x/1x/2x hit points
- lair spawn rate
- number of days before critical events occur that affect difficulty

More mission feedback at end of mission, like a 1-10 star rating, based on time taken, heroes killed, buildings destroyed, buildings lost, gold earned etc. Could even represent the ranking by a monster, eg. 1 is a rat, 2 is a skeleton, 10 a dragon etc. Sometimes we might think we've done good but it would be nice to have some sort of objective yardstick. Simply completing a particular scenario is one thing but completing it WELL is a different matter entirely.
x2

as well:

what is really needed is some new buildings to be a more "sim-like" environment. One idea for this is to include some more "random" buildings as part of the city (like the peasant houses are spawned)- an example would be the gazebo, fountains, (these would spawn tax collectors) and perhaps a park (this might spawn animals).
Another idea is to inlcude as part of the economy buildings, a small/medium/large Arena (lv 1,2,3)- this would act fairly similar to the fairgrounds of M1- allow heroes to purchase training at a set price ramp up per level, or hold tournaments
the Fairgrounds would be similar to a market place, but sell more exotic artifacts ONLY when "Fair-day" is operational (when the building is only open during this effect), also could hold more exotic tournaments like elven lute playing
I also thought that a build-able wall -between guardhouses only- might be effective (it would need a gate system though)

heavy machine

The language of this country being always upon the flux, the struldbrugs of one age do not understand those of another, neither are they able after two hundred years to hold any conversation (farther than by a few general words) with their neighbors the mortals; and thus they lie under the disadvantage of living like foreigners in their own country.

Used heavy duty