• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(136196)

Captain
1 Badges
Feb 28, 2009
  • Majesty 2
There are tons of "I miss this and that" posts over the forums so I decided to collect them together to help developers find out what to do next... :)

I'll update this post with your recommendations but not with everything.
I won't update with "I miss the old graphics" style posts as well as with graphic/sound design problems. I'll post only features that seems to be easy to develop and (or) important enough to give them us through patches. So I won't update with "I miss a building where my heroes can buy mounts" things too, those kind of things are for expansions.

Please developers/publishers if you've got any plans about these things, tell us here and I'll update the topic. I'll use colors to help you see which ones are not answered yet.

key:
MAGENTA - no official answer
YELLOW - answered and it won't be implemented
LIME - answered and it'll be implemented

CAMERA AND CONTROL FUNCTIONS
More zoom out option. - it's available through game files but it could cause desync in MP.
More pitch level with the camera.
Hotkeys for everything (for example buildings, upgrades, but most importantly for spells).
Option to change hotkeys through the game menu.
Drag scrolling on minimap with mouse.
Allow scrolling with mouse while a building is selected to place.
Right mouse button scrolling instead of right+left buttons. - now right mouse dragging draws squares only
Allow us to disable smooth scrolling on the main map when a new position is clicked on the mnimap and enable instantly jumping there.
Allow deploying flags through the minimap by right clicking on it.

USER INTERFACE
On the hero panel the "go top" button (when you have too many hero to show all in the same time and you can scroll down/up) is under the upper UI.
Instantly visible hero details on the guild roster icons. - hero level for example
Allow us to enable/disable the moving up and down of the middle panel through menu. - it's available through game files but it could cause desync in MP so please raise the max zoom out level officially.
Allow us to disable smooth moving on the middle panel and enable instant popup.
Some sorting options to hero panel. - ie sorting by class, level.
Ability to enable/disable tooltips. - if it's possible allow us to choos what should have tooltips and what shouldn't (buildings, enemies, heroes, etc...)
Enable resizing the hero panel via game menu. - the main problem is that the hero buttons are too big especially in lower resolutions so simply give us smaller hero panel is enough too
Some kind of statistics about our performance in single player. - for example endgame screen stats (day count, lost heroes, etc..) into the tooltip of the finished map or a High Scores menu in the main menu like it was in Majesty 1. It gives more replayability for those who like to beat performance of their own.

GAMEPLAY FUNCTIONS
Option to disabling buildings from tax collecting and repairing routes as it was in the first game.
Option to show heroes' name and level in the game like it was in the first game.
Option to continue missions after winning and choosing the lord.
Option to rotate buildings before deploying them.
Option to stop upgrades/recruits/etc in progress.
An option to autosave in single player with option to change the frequency of it.
The game should give us report when one of our buildings (especially guilds) is destroyed. - sound report would be better for this because this is a very important information
An option to lower the difficulty of the expert maps.
Fear flags should stay as long as the player remove them.
Monsters should loot the money from destroyed buildings as in the original game.
Option to destroy buildings - won't be available because of crawling tactics (exploring with buildings)
Alternative idea: Option for paid building demolition. - with for example a dynamic price that makes crawling tactics not effective

MULTIPLAYER
Allow more than 32 character long posts in lobby chat rooms.
Add tooltips to the icons at the end of the server list.
Add an option to create servers with 2× game speed.
Add an icon to show that the match will be rated or not.
Remove already started servers from the server list in the main lobby instead of putting an icon to the end of them.
Allow us to sort servers by name/map/players/ping.

CONTENT REQUESTS - only those that seems important enough to come with patches. The first one could make the other three unnecessary.
Map editor. - it's insanely important because of the lack of skirmish on random maps with scalable difficulty
Random or semi-random maps with scalable conditions like it was in the first game. - if I know well it's impossible because of the game engine but it needs official affirmation. And if fully random maps are impossible anything like that (for example fix terrain with different lairs/starting position/etc) if it's possible.
New maps through patches. - they don't even need new design. A sandbox-like map without any special mission instead of "mop up enemy castle/lairs" and with different starting conditions and different enemy numbers for tourist/easy/moderate/hard/impossible/etc versions.
CO-OP maps in multiplayer against AI kingdoms and/or monsters.

Last edited:
Mouse Scrolling on minimap as in scroll as you drag, not when you release mouse button.

Don't have to cancel 'where to build' when you scroll the screen with mouse.

Instead of both mouse buttons to scroll, just RMB should be enough.

If you add up those features you got enough material for good expansion. Some fixes would be nice, but I think a lot of them are too much to ask for in free patches.

I didn't say that these cannot be given through expansions just I won't update the original post with content update requests because those are for expansions.
By the way the only content update request in it is about new maps (even if it goes through 4 points) because most people who have the game agree that without skirmish/random maps the content isn't enough so as it was in the original post: "easy to develop and (or) important enough to give them us through patches".
All other points contain only function updates.

Ahh and one more thing: I didn't say that "Eyy, yo these must be implemented! Now!". I just make a list to collect everything from here-and-there because now there have minimum three topics for every single points in this list and it's very anarchic. I made this topic only for help us see that is there our problem on the "TODO" list and help to devs to see wath EU/US players need.

I would love a mini-window like we had in Majesty 1, so that I would be able to track what I wanted to, be it a hero, a flag, a monster or a building.

additions, fixes, tweaks?

Some of my ideas may not belong in this thread but there doesn't seem to be a thread for fix requests.

1) A less invasive “gather party” window; currently a window opens and obstructs the view of 1/3 of the battlefield, and remains there until your choice of heroes finally gathers. Would it be possible to make it transparent like the tool-tip window?
2) Smaller hero portraits to the right of the game screen, which accumulate to take up 1/3 of your view of the battlefield. I realize it can be hidden with the “heroes” button top right, but it’s too useful to go without. This improvement could also synergize with …
3) A tweaking of the tool-tip window that pops up just under the hero portraits, but also commonly overlaps the hero portraits. Almost everything of interest on the battlefield has a tool-tip and the mouse pointer is constantly moving during play and tool-tipping everything, blocking those lowbie wizard portraits as I attempt to baby-sit them.
4) The ability to click-and-drag hero portraits from the assortment that forms on the right of the screen. This way we can organize: grouping the members of the same party, grouping same classes, grouping same/close levels (like putting the lowbie classes on top of the list for easy view, especially them lemming wizards!)
5) An improvement of the details of the members of a guild via the guilds roster. Currently, if I open the roster for lets say a wizards guild, it shows three indistinguishable wizard portraits, no level indication or anything. This goes the same for your tax collectors in the palace (weren't they numbered in M1?). Even if one of the heroes is dead (due to my poor babysitting) it will still show their portrait, as well as show “3 of 3” on the guilds “hire hero” button. If you have multiple guilds and want to know which one lost a guild member it can get tedious clicking around so much (if there is an easier way please fill me in).

Thats all for now, hoping to add a few more before bed time.

I think Heroes should react to nearby monsters, not monsters who attack them. It's very stupid when a few Heroes individually raid a Creature Den together, the Den is destroyed, 3 Heroes go home, 1 Hero fights off the mobs spawned and dies alone.............. Also this way Heroes would kill off all Mobs instead of killing one, back to their original plan, then get attacked by another, kill another, and repeat repeat..... Or Heroes run pass a monster which is destroying a building to get to the flagged Den or something of that sort.

The Main Panel, middle buttom of the screen, should just pop in and out, I don't care if it's smoothly move up and down or not. Actually, make it stays always up. It's annoying when you're about to click Heal spell, and it moves down so you misclick, and your Hero dies!

Oh, and I don't mind the option to choose Mouse 4th or 5th Button for screen scrolling as well. I'd love that actually.

Pressing 'F' key should open up Building screen, but it should not center the camera at the Palace.

Camera shakes badly when you scroll it with mouse near mountain and screenborder. Doesn't happen with WSAD or Arrows.

Cleric has distance limit for healing, so she doesn't follow a near-death Rogue with a head start all the way back, leaving the battle and other Heroes entirely.

Last edited:
Matt, i think hes refering to building a string of cheap buildings in a linear fashion to expose the whole map without having to explore it. Its an exploit that needed some attention.

I know, but they could've thought of something better than just removing it. Make buildings have to be within x range of the palace or a guard tower.

It seems that instead of thinking out problems and arriving at good solutions, Paradox is just cutting things out. Gnomes built fast, so they're out. They couldn't generate random maps, so skirmish is out.

I hear ya. But limiting your ability to build all over the map would be a shame too... some other type of solution woulda been nice. Your post reminds me... I dont think the outpost and embassy is included in this game. I loved throwing down outposts and making a seperate little city across the map, then filling it with an embassy. Always fun to see what hero pops out of the embassy.... damn.

/tear

They couldn't generate random maps, so skirmish is out.
One fix that strikes me for this...

Don't generate random maps. Use the same maps that are used for single-player missions and multiplayer, and just swap out lairs according to the force settings chosen by the player.

Matt1557 said:
I know, but they could've thought of something better than just removing it. Make buildings have to be within x range of the palace or a guard tower.
That might be a little too restrictive, as it means that normal play will start to be affected as settlements get big enough. Maybe simply make it that any building that isn't built on a temple or trading post site has to be within a certain distance of some other completed building.

(This still allows for building outposts across the map - they just have to be centered on a trading post or temple)