• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Crap, I have the whole pack installed... what should I do, reinstall?

If you don't have a backup of the original files then you'll most likely have to reinstall. Well thats what I'm going to do anyways as I have some graphic mods on and no backup for them. but just wait as I don't know if were going to just use IP2.

Yes, I sub for Shuma. Toulouse you say? Well, I'm fine with that. As to the crusading rules, the great game two had the best IMHO.

One is only allowed to bash heathens on the same continent* during (any) crusade. At the moment crusades ebb out you immediately send WP offer. If you are unable to send WP at that moment because of other pending peace, you do it when/if the pending offer is turned down. If the WP is turned down, player must announce it (and I will only believe it if it's realistic, not like Jatviags turning down Polish WP) and then it's fair game for all until the target realm is dead.
And I don't care if you have 1% siege left. You didn't make it, so wait for next crusade.
- one is allowed to bash heathens on other continents* if there's a crusade and target province is owned by heathen you want to bash (means you may not attack Zirids if Fatimids hold Jerusalem and crusade is for Jerusalem).
- one is allowed to bash heathens on other continents* during an ongoing crusade, if any territory of his primary title is owned by a heathen (Byzantine reconquista rule and KoJ rule).
- one is allowed to always bash heathens if attacked by them or if asked to help in war against them (alliance/vassal help call).

* - continents here are Europe, Asia and Africa with their historical borders.
Khwarizm belongs to Asia, Georgia belongs to both Asia and Europe (means being Georgia you've a lot of options), Byzantium belongs to Europe.

+only once per lifetime of a ruler. It must be very hard or we'll not play Dukes in France but Kings in Jerusalem, Egypt, Spain etc.

Other than that VH/Furious.

Ok guys, have you reached a decision so far as to who is going to host and which mod(s) are on?

Ganso said:
Crap, I have the whole pack installed... what should I do, reinstall?

Well, if you kept an original copy of db\events.txt, just re-name the files so you're using the old events.txt, alternatively just # out the entries in events.txt like this:

# BOPACK events wrote or collected by Ambrox
#event = "db\events\BOP_prov_events.txt"
#event = "db\events\BOP_hist_events.txt"
#event = "db\events\BOP_char_events.txt"
# SMACK
#event = "db\events\add_trait_events.txt"
#event = "db\events\age_events.txt"
#event = "db\events\byz_events.txt"
#event = "db\events\chaplain2_events.txt"
#event = "db\events\injury_events.txt"
#event = "db\events\jews_events.txt"
#event = "db\events\law_change_events.txt"
#event = "db\events\madness_events.txt"
#event = "db\events\muslim_events.txt"
#event = "db\events\nastiness.txt"
#event = "db\events\trait_pair_events.txt"

fasquardon

Ganso said:
Ok guys, have you reached a decision so far as to who is going to host and which mod(s) are on?

I was thinking I'd host as I seem to be the most stable. I'll be modding a sav file to play from presently.

fasquardon

Shuma said:
EDIT: Also, what are the game settings? I'd really suggest very hard, so that we don't get a lot of claims easily. As for the heathen attacking rules, I suggest we steal the ones from the URR game.

Possibly. I usually play on VH/Furious in SP, and I was surprised how much more lethal the AI was on Normal/Normal during our last MP game, so I'm in favour of playing on that.

fasquardon

Thanks for the help Fas, I used the (#) trick.
Anyway, 35 minutes to go then. :)

fasquardon said:
Possibly. I usually play on VH/Furious in SP, and I was surprised how much more lethal the AI was on Normal/Normal during our last MP game, so I'm in favour of playing on that.

fasquardon

*nods I played my Napoli game on VH/Furious (down to 1212) and the AI seemed a walkover, In the Normal/Normal game I had to fight for my life vs the agressive Fatamid AI who invaded S. Italy.

fasquardon said:

fasquardon

In most pdox games, the AI performs much better at normal aggression, but why would it be better to set it on normal difficulty? :confused:

We still haven't really agreed on a rule about the crusades. Here's my (new) proposal: You can crusade as much as you want if the crusades are active, but you have to create new states independent from your current (by editing I fear) via giving the titles to the son of one of your daughters or sisters. Thus we prevent inheriting it back.

What reason do we have to crusade then? Well, you still get prestige and piety. Other than that there shouldn't be too much of a reason to do it anyway as this game is about French Dukes and not French Crusaders.

Llywelyn said:
In most pdox games, the AI performs much better at normal aggression, but why would it be better to set it on normal difficulty? :confused:
It wouldn't. The setting should stay VH/Furios to prevent a lot of claims being done. We don't need claims on all of Europe in 1200.

Oh and please, no ducal warfare please... ;)

CSK said:
We still haven't really agreed on a rule about the crusades. Here's my (new) proposal: You can crusade as much as you want if the crusades are active, but you have to create new states independent from your current (by editing I fear) via giving the titles to the son of one of your daughters or sisters. Thus we prevent inheriting it back.

What reason do we have to crusade then? Well, you still get prestige and piety. Other than that there shouldn't be too much of a reason to do it anyway as this game is about French Dukes and not French Crusaders.

Eh, I'm better off with keeping them and just letting it be two wars for Crusaders, one on the off times.

It wouldn't. The setting should stay VH/Furios to prevent a lot of claims being done. We don't need claims on all of Europe in 1200.

Well, that's not what I said :) It should be VH/Normal - smarter AI (well, less hella stupid AI, anyway) + harder claims.

Fas, if ya drop by, we are waiting for you in ValkyrieNet.

Sorry, spitting up Aquitaine is taking longer than expected.

fasquardon

Same here, Empyrean showing no loading while everybody is OK.
By the way, little emergency here, I'll be away for the next 10 minutes, if you guys can wait that'll be super.