• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Current Position of the Kingdom of Navarra, Aragon, Castille and Leon

regarding the other great princes of the Francosphere

Anjou: 150

After a period of relative disinterest, diplomacy between Navarra and Anjou has expanded greatly. Relations are very good since the Franco-Navarran war, in which Anjou accepted Navarra as liege, and in return, got the aid of the Navarro-Toulousian armies. Our policy with regards to Anjou remains one of aid and protection, so as to restore the balance of power between north and south.

While we are flattered that Anjou finds our overlordship comfortable thus far, we wish to assure them that they are free to leave the four kingdoms whenever they wish.

France: 100

While the former realms of Toulouse have long been known in Navarra for the treacherousness of their overlords, we are pleased to say the current management has acted only with honour. In gratitude for their loyal service in the Franco-Navarran war, we confirm our recognition of the early end of their vassalage to the Four Kingdoms, and regognise them as the rightful overlords of the mother-land. Without their help in the war, it would have been a much harder fight.

Champaigne: 125

Once an enemy who greatly confounded and vexed the wise men of Gascony, the opinion of Champaigne has greatly improved since the main bone of contention has been removed (at least it has for Navarra). So much so, in fact, that King Centule has now twice petitioned the Pope on behalf of Champaigne, once to start the crusade on Jerusalem, and once to forgive the Duke de Blois and remove his excommunication.

(OOC: I'm only sorry that it took so long for me to notice your AI had gotten you excommunicated Lly, I think at least one of your vassals had started a civil war by then...)

Burgundy: 50

Once our allies, the current weak leadership in Burgundy has greatly undermined relations.

Bourbon: -25

While still a powerful domain, and once an enemy of Gascony, the current weak leadership of Bourbon has rendered them pretty much insignificant in French affairs.

fasquardon