• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
joy! someone still remembers this. Alas, interest seems to have vanished in the later parts of the AAR. if i see that there is interest from you, people of the AARland, then i shall continue. otherwise, this will become the first in my list of abandoned AARs, which will probably be a very long one.
i must say that i also caught the "Van Geyte syndrom" which is caused by boring teachers giving way too much work. now when i get home all i want is to sleep or hang myself before the following day's exam.
other than that, maybe this thread just needs something new. do you have any ideas guys? the best one gets 250 dollahz.

maybe you should do a KR game with instead of the Tuaregs fighting them, a Brotherhood of Nod nation emerges in its place to kill of the government in exile. I think it'd be interesting.

:)

New Nations Mod. The scenario where the Soviet Union controls half of the world. And then give the commies 100% dissent.

Stand back and watch what happens. :D

Basically exactly what you did here. Only that in NNM you get twice as much nations, and in that scenario, you would be releasing all nations of the old world.

Imagine the Havoc!

Actually no. Soviets are a Closed society and have bonuses on dissent reduction. Better make them Democracy and watch countries form.

The biggest problem with such scenarios is that the outcome is that several new countries form separated by rebels, because countries between them can't form because they lack cores. Hopefully this New Nations mod will correct the situation.

Another scenario would be a kind of Fallout one. Give all nations nukes, and means of delivery, and then make them all go to war. Which as the world as we know it dissapear. I predict that countries whit the most scattered industry and least large VP per province will fare the best. That unfortunately gives USA greatest chance I think. Oh and let's not forget to make nukes deliver 100 dissent.

As a bonus, the AAR would have started with a BANG! And would be a nice prologue to the 100% dissent one.

The biggest problem with such scenarios is that the outcome is that several new countries form separated by rebels, because countries between them can't form because they lack cores. Hopefully this New Nations mod will correct the situation.

Another scenario would be a kind of Fallout one. Give all nations nukes, and means of delivery, and then make them all go to war. Which as the world as we know it dissapear. I predict that countries whit the most scattered industry and least large VP per province will fare the best. That unfortunately gives USA greatest chance I think. Oh and let's not forget to make nukes deliver 100 dissent.

As a bonus, the AAR would have started with a BANG! And would be a nice prologue to the 100% dissent one.

In that case - Cheat freedom, give them the worst possible sliders, destroy all of their armies, and then give them 100% dissent.

Imagine the Havoc!

Actually no. Soviets are a Closed society and have bonuses on dissent reduction. Better make them Democracy and watch countries form.

:)

New Nations Mod. The scenario where the Soviet Union controls half of the world. And then give the commies 100% dissent.

Stand back and watch what happens. :D

Basically exactly what you did here. Only that in NNM you get twice as much nations, and in that scenario, you would be releasing all nations of the old world.

Imagine the Havoc!

maybe you should do a KR game with instead of the Tuaregs fighting them, a Brotherhood of Nod nation emerges in its place to kill of the government in exile. I think it'd be interesting.

A kaiserreich version? or a abyss version?? loads off superpowers facing off each having nice IC!

These are all great ideas. Kaiserreich is a terribly fun mod, Abyss is pretty insane which is ideal considering this type of AAR, New Nations and Great Crusade(the mod in which the SU controls half the world) have many interesting possibilities with so many nations, and the thought of a nuclear carnage between Ethiopia and Guangxi Clique is just... lovely;)

yet i have stumbled upon a massive problem. The thing is, three of these ideas require me to actually KNOW something about computers. I'm so utterly incompetent that i downloaded Kaiserreich TWICE, and when the download was done, well... i just glared upon the screen and gave up, because i didn't know what to do next.
If anyone wants to help me, PM me with instructions.
I'll probably just start with the nuke idea, and when i'm done downloading all the other mods, then we'll see about it.
One thing, too. I won't be able to keep the old, awesome updating rate of 3 or 4 updates a week. Sorry, but this just ain't possible anymore. I go to school at 7 AM and arrive home at 7 PM. That's f#cking half of the entire day. I don't even see the sunlight anymore(ok, now i'm kidding). And then there is homework and essays and tests. So Yeah.
Last, but not Least:

Give all nations nukes, and means of delivery,
sorry, but what exactly are the means of delivery? just for me to start this new version:D

means of delivery would be some STRATs, a few ICBMs or other missile. and make sure they all have the nuclear waste bomb tech. that enables them to use the nuke mission.

means of delivery would be some STRATs, a few ICBMs or other missile. and make sure they all have the nuclear waste bomb tech. that enables them to use the nuke mission.
What he said. Though I suppose ICBMs are better because they shouldn't get intercepted and have enormous range.

does that blueprint cheat give you STRAT bombers, rocket test sites and ICBMs?

what blueprint cheat? the only nuke cheat i know of is 'nuke' which gives you one free nuke...

There is a cheat to give you technologies. Something like tech #technologyid

Why would rocket sites be needed. Rockets take off from airports.

They increase the research speed of rocket techs. Seriously increase.

guys, forgive my noobish question but what do blueprints do?
and how do i get that event that allows you to have a theoretical breakthrough?