• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whew.....

As to quote GhosttWrier: Awesome!

20 pages to go! Reading very slowlyyy

Glad you're enjoying it. :) Hope it continues to the end.

Voted!

9 pages and counting!!!

Voted....:)

Finally completed!!!!!!

Awesome. Will be seen in the sequel in about 4 minutes or something.

Awesome writing!:cool:

Johan11: Thank you! :) I also admire your speedy reading efforts.

Exadus: Thank you! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396947

And here's another reminder to vote in the CrusadAAr's Chalice, which this AAR is nominated for.

It's a close three-way dance for the coveted Chalice, so your vote can be a deciding one!

Thanks....

I do have way too much time....

Lets get out and vote. Jestor deserves recognition for this marvelous AAR he wrote for us :)

First off, fabulous AAR...only took me a few days to make my way through. You have a great way of showing us just what goes on in someone's head!

I must say, before I continue the critique, that this story struck me as a frat boy's wet dream...a well written dream, but a fantasy nontheless. It reminded me so much of the college fraternity boys I've known and why I could never be (or want to be) a typical 'brother.'

I mean, I despise Nick...absolutely detest his careless use of women, his profligate wastage of his obvious talents, and his alcoholism. I also despised Melody...I had a great response for her initial downplay of Caveman! I suppose I really had it in for her after the drugging episode at the hunting lodge.

But all this didn't make me hate the story, in fact, I found myself drawn to it. Your writing style did much to keep me interested...the pacing of the romantic story was quite well done. Just when I thought things were settling down, WHAM, another jolt or cliff-hanger! In the end, I'm glad to say that I've finished it...and I'll be looking in on any of your other projects if and when I get the time. Thanks for an enjoyable few days!

Good luck with the graduate degree!
TheExecuter

Johan11: That's a good thing. :D

Tem_Probe: Thank you sir! :)

TheExecuter: Thank you very much for the high praise! :) I'm amazed that you were able to continue reading even when you hated both of the main characters and I'm glad you were able to. Incidentally, what response did you have for Melody's cutdown of Caveman? :D

Incidentally, what response did you have for Melody's cutdown of Caveman? :D

It was something along the lines of:

"I was wrong...you aren't really beautiful. Behind that wonderful facade lies a self-absorbed, pretentious bitch. A terribly ugly monster hiding behind a short-lived disguise. I hope you enjoy the miserable old age you are building...full of failed relationships and false friends...

There was more...but I can't remember it now. Besides, Caveman wouldn't have been able to pull it off.

TheExecuter

I just finished reading this whole AAR in six hours straight...(gotta admit I skipped some of the CK parts)

It must say something about how awesome and addictive this AAR is

swippy: Thanks very much for the kind words. :)

Also, just as a general update for everyone, the following tidbits:

1. I finally got around to purchasing Deus Vult ($9.99 for CK and DV? Oh hell yeah!)

2. My hard drive on my laptop died and along with it the de Semurs, so the sequel dynasty may be gone. :(

3. The professor for the class I'm writing a novel for remarked that I capture the voice of a teenage girl cheerleader perfectly. Between that and Melody, I'm starting to think maybe I -can- write female characters well after all. :D

4. I finally have a thesis topic! I'm planning on writing a paper on passing, more specifically the ability of bi or multi-racial African American literary characters who are able to pass themselves off as white. Even better, I'm trying to get approval for a readings course with a professor who's written extensively on the subject and I'm hoping to use that course as a springboard and baseline for my thesis.

Another life update.

I'll be graduating with my MA in English at the end of summer.

But the big news is, I found out this afternoon I've been accepted to Old Dominion's MFA in Creative Writing program. I'm still waiting to hear back from UNLV and Columbia, though, before weighing my options and deciding what to do.

Another life update.

I'll be graduating with my MA in English at the end of summer.

But the big news is, I found out this afternoon I've been accepted to Old Dominion's MFA in Creative Writing program. I'm still waiting to hear back from UNLV and Columbia, though, before weighing my options and deciding what to do.

Excellent news.
bubbly.gif
I just re-read part of this last week and was wondering if you were still around; it was surprising to see it pop up in my subscribed threads with you as a poster. :)

Jestor!
I just spent the past few days working my way through this AAR and I must take my hat off to you for this brilliant piece of work!!!
The way you were able to manipulate the reader emotionally throughout and for sustained periods is remarkable.
You are truly a master AARtist!
Thank you for sharing your talents with us!!
Also, unlike Nick in your story who pursued Melody, It is good to see you continue your education and pursue your MA in English.

Marvelous story, well drawn characters, nicely written, too bad about the happy end :D

It reminded me alot of Serge Gainsbourg's musical work, and not just because of her name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjSX0e9Pr5k

Fookison: Thanks for the high praise. :) My MA degree had a slight hiccup, so I'll be finishing in June rather than in late April/early May, but that's okay.

Laur: Thank you and thanks for the link. :) Interesting listening and I can see where you would draw the parallels.

And just as a note, guys and gals, it is with sadness that I report Columbia rejected me. It was a bit of a soul and heart-crushing moment, I have to admit, but on the other hand, I would've had to go into massive debt and still be paying it off 20 or 30 years down the road if I didn't write a bestseller, so perhaps it's for the best in the end.

So now I'm waiting to hear from UNLV, whose program, if I'm perfectly honest, appealed to me the most.

Too bad with Columbia.

Is that an university or a college?

I don't know that much about american educational system.