• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just dropping in to say that this isn't abandoned, I've just had a few other things taking my time in the last few weeks. Look out for an update in the next few days. Sorry for the delay. :)

Fiftypence said:
Just dropping in to say that this isn't abandoned, I've just had a few other things taking my time in the last few weeks. Look out for an update in the next few days. Sorry for the delay. :)

Erm, consider that update cancelled. My laptop has suffered some kind of nervous breakdown, and so the save game is lost. I will try and see if I can get a game going similar enough to this when I get it repaired, whenever that may be. :)

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can salvage your files. We'll be waiting :)

Darn!
I hope this will come back, it is too good to lose to a crash.
As for Black Annis, I cant believe the terrible things people are saying about her.
In this period, she is likely to be the poor dispossessed mother of a Saxon noble, forced into poverty by the cruel opression of the foul Normans!

Major_Rawne said:
Darn!
I hope this will come back, it is too good to lose to a crash.
As for Black Annis, I cant believe the terrible things people are saying about her.
In this period, she is likely to be the poor dispossessed mother of a Saxon noble, forced into poverty by the cruel opression of the foul Normans!

I do intend to revive this at some point, but reconstructing the save game will take quite a lot of work and time.

Okay, with the help of the DNA maker tool and some save game fiddling I've been able to reconstruct the game fairly accurately, so I've decided that this AAR will continue, after many, many months! Hopefully there will still be some people reading... :eek:

The Beaumonts of Leicester

bol1.jpg

"God the Father of mercies, through the death and resurrection of his Son, has reconciled the world to himself and sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins; through the ministry of the Church may God give you pardon and peace, and I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."

"Thank you, father," the voice murmured from the other side of the confessional, and Father Simon Colvile waiting, listening as the next person entered.

"What sins avail you, child?" asked Father Simon softly. The reply, barely a whisper, sent shivers down the priest's spine.

"Many sins, numerous and despicable in nature avail me, good father. But they are of course the sins that you yourself have commited."

"Isabella! I beg of you in the name of God, this is not the time or place for your snide comments! Respect the sanctity of this church, please!"

There was a laugh, and a sigh. "Oh father, accept my most sincere apologies. But still, it must be awful being a priest, having no one to confess to. However do you manage?"

"Listen, just confess your damned sins and get out."

"Ooh, blasphemy! Father, there is no need to say such things."

"Yes there is!" Father Simon hissed, "you only come and to provoke me, rather than to do your duty as a Christian and confess your sins."

"Okay father, I do have a sin to confess, the sin of eavesdropping. I listened to a conversation between the Earl and his wife, without his permission, and learnt that Ingrid is pregnant once again. She sounded quite nervous, from what I could tell, strange that her voice should quiver when telling her husband of such joyous news, don't you think Father Simon?"

"Yes," growled Simon, "and I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Now leave!"

"Of course, Father."

The priest took a deep breath and wiped away the sweat from his forehead before receiving the next penitent.

**​

It was the spring of the year 1069, and the trees were once again awash with colour, so many varying shades of green. In the Earldom of Leicestershire there were vast forests, held by the Earl and his knights, and Robert had found the hunting to be splendid. The woods were filled with deer and pheasants, and when he was out riding he could relax and enjoy himself, taken over by the spirit of the hunt.

As the world once again came to life, Earl Robert was pleased to find the treasury full to the brim, with his wife, Steward Ingrid, proving herself a very capable administrator in the two years since coming to Leicester. Productivity was high and the local economy was strong, meaning that the Earldom had enough money to embark on a major building project, a forestry that would be built by local peasants over the course of the next year.

"Hopefully soon we will have enough money for a proper castle," said Ingrid, as Robert prepared to ride out to inspect the progress of the forestry. Robert grunted in the response.

"Something with nice, clean flagstones and turrets, something I can be proud to call my home. This keep is a smelly dump."

Robert, back turned to his wife, rolled his eyes and smiled. "Don't worry, as soon as we have enough money, I'll order the construction of a bigger castle. But it's just way too expensive at the moment. Anyway, I have to go now."

Robert strode over and kissed his wife, and she watched as he left, her mind going over what Father Simon had told her about Isabella over and over again. She rubbed her stomach, and sat down heavily with a sigh.

Agreed. Still, very pleasant to see it resurrected.