• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(81101)

Sergeant
Jul 26, 2007
The Bavarian Empire

de-by1.gif

It is January 1st, 1836. The Bavarian Monarch has called forth a Meeting with his Ministers, Advisers, Diplomats, Military Officials and main Industrial figure heads within The Bavarian State. The Meeting takes place in the early morning in Munich, the Capital of The Bavarian Kingdom.

KingLudwigI.jpg

Ludwig, King of Bavaria, Duke of Franconia,
Duke in Swabia and
Count Palatinate of the Rhine.

King Ludwig I: Gentlemen we are here today for one thing. For a greater Bavaria. We have the Industrial Capability, the Agriculture, and Will to out due Prussia. For too long has Prussia and Austria controlled us. It is time we show them that Bavaria will not be some Puppet of their own desires.

Bavarian Capitalist: Your Highness, your Plans do seem Grand and Brilliant; but can we succeed? Prussia is by far the Greatest of the German States; both Economically and Militarily. Austria is well close behind, if we were to reject Austria; we would be but simple pray for the Prussians.

Bavarian Officer: I would have to agree with him Your Majesty. The Bavarian Military has only Two Divisions now, and One Artillery Brigade. A Total of only 22,000 Troops. We could Mobilize for War if we need, but that would only bring in to the Field another 50,000 Troops. Most of them Young Lads, and not as Battle Hardened as the ones we have. Prussia on the other hand has 14 Divisions on the Field, and can Mobilize a Estimation of Twnety more Divisions. A War with Prussia would be National Suicide!

The Group of Men began to murmur in Agreement. The Meeting was not going as Planned. King Ludwig would have to think of something if he wanted to Guide Bavaria to Greatness.
King Ludwig I: What of Russia.

Bavarian Officer: What of Russia My Majesty? It is a Continent of a Country

The Men in the Room began to Laugh at the Man's Jest.

King Ludwig I: If we were to get a Treaty with Russia; a Normal Alliance, would not Russia be able to Occupy most of the Prussian, and if in worst case Austrian Armies?

Bavarian Officer: That could work Your Excellency, but Bavaria would need at least 15 Divisions to be able to hold the line as well as push into Enemy Territory.

Bavarian Capitalist: And the Economy and Growth of Bavaria would need to Increase, you will need more Factories and more Extensive Rail lines to ensure steady Shipment of Supplies and Troops.

King Ludwig I: Now we are talking Gentlemen. But we will need to find a way to Modernize both the Bavarian Economy and Military. As well as to strike Prussia at the right time. Do you think you will be able to Produce a Treaty with Russia?

Bavarian Diplomat: Your Majesty, I would think it should be possible. Give me time to warm up our way with Russia. Just a matter of time before they Agree to an Alliance Your Majesty.

King Ludwig I: Excellent, well Gentlemen; you all now know what we are to get ready for.

Bavarian Officer: Your Majesty, I would like to bring something up.

King Ludwig I: Yes, Officer?

Bavarian Officer: Hanover. They are Allied to Britain, and Britain only. If we were to be able to either make them a Puppet, and gain some land, we could increase our Strength, and as well disable a possible Prussian Ally.

King Ludwig I: But Bavaria has only Two Divisions Ready! Hanover is Expected to have the same amount of Troops, and don't forget they will have backing of The British Empire!

Bavarian Officer: We will need to Mobilize, and place them on the Order, Time is Needed. I know this is a Mad Idea, however I know I can pull this off, and get perhaps a White Peace from Britain. Do I have Your Excellencies Permission to do so Sir?

King Ludwig I: That is one of the most Mad Ideas I have ever heard, I give you Permission. If you succeed I will make you a Noble. Fail me, and I will soon see your Head here.

Bavarian Officer: Thank You Your Majesty, Glory to God! Glory to the King! Glory to The Fatherland!

BavariaStartUpMap.jpg

The Bavarian State

Ok, so this is the first Chapter. Hope I captured your Interest so far.

Last edited:
Nice, a Bavarian AAR! It's been good so far. Just a suggestion, could you please change the color of the text? It's a little hard to read.

Ah BavariAAR (hohoho). Hanover is always the first place i take as Bavaria mainly because it is... well the only place to take. Yes the font is nearing on un-readable :(

Font Colour Edited. :)

Also, I am going to get a friend to change the event thing so Bavaria can Unify Germany if it owns all of the German Provinces which normal Germany would have. They should make it so Bavaria can Unify the States rather then Prussia. :(

Well, if you're playing VIP 2.0, then once you have your chain suggest it to OHGamer for inclusion into the mod as an alternative ahistorical line. ;)

Victoria Improvement Project (currently in version 0.2, my mistake) is the best thing humanity came up with since the invention of condoms.

OHGamer is the leader of the VIP project.

Last edited:
The Invasion of Hanover

On January 1st, Bavarian Diplomats Issued a Declaration of War against The State of Hanover. The British Empire soon Sent its Word that it would Support The Hanoverian State, and Declared War on Bavaria. Hanover soon began to Mobilize its Troops for War. The Balls were now set in Motion.

BavarianDoW.jpg

HanoverMobilizes.jpg

Once the Troops began to Enter Hanoverian Territory the German Officers thought it would be wise to follow a Military Theory. It was decided to go with Clausewitzian's Military Theory.

Clauwitzen.jpg

GottingenFalls.jpg

Gottingen soon Found itself to be the first Hanoverian Province to fall to The Bavarian Empire.

InvasionofHanover.jpg

Plans for the Invasion of the Mainland of Hanover was Planned and was Executed shortly after the Fall of Gottingen. The Plan was to surround the Capital and draw the Enemy Hanoverian Troops to retreat into the Capital, where they were to be Encircled and Destroyed, Allowing Bavaria to Solidify Control over the rest of Hanover. The Planned seemed to work well, with the two Bordering Provinces of the Capital of Hanover falling to Bavarian Control.

NienburgFalls.jpg
LuneburgFalls.jpg

While the other Six Bavarian Divisions secured the Borders, the Seventh Bavarian Infantry and Artillery Division made a Daring Move to ensure Garrisoned Troops in Hanover would not try to break the Encirclement. The Troops Fought and did well, they prevented a possible Breakthrough the Siege. However, it was not thought about how long it would take for the Bavarian Troops to secure the Border and come in time to save the Division from either Destruction or Retreat.

BattleofHanover.jpg

The Status did not look good. Bavarian Troops would need to secure the Borders more Quickly, or Abandon it, and just move into Hanover to prevent the Destruction of the Artillery Division. Lucky for them, Bavarian Troops in Luneburg were able to be sent in. But would they come in time?

BattleofHanover1stRoundofReinforcem.jpg

And they did, and just in time. The Tide began to turn in Hanover, and Troops in Nienburg also were sent into Hanover to help Secure the Hanoverian Capital.

BattleofHanover2ndRoundofReinforcem.jpg

Sure enough, Victory for Bavaria will be Secured...

VictoryatBattleofHanover.jpg

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

HanoverFalls.jpg

Excellent News!

RejectedPeace.jpg

Hah! The Hanoverian's have Offered The Bavarian Empire Peace. But they misunderstand our Mission, we shall reject the Peace! Onwards!

ClausewitzianTheoryComplete.jpg

Clausewitzian's Military Theory has been Complete!

HanoverTroops.jpg

Verdammt! Hanoverian's have landed Reinforcements on the Beaches. And are Marching towards our Weakened Army in the South. We must think of something!

Encirclement.jpg

The Northern Army has Failed in preventing the Hanoverian's from Marching down South. However, we will Secure the Beach head, preventing the Hanoverian's from escaping. Capturing another Three Divisions.

PuppetMaster.jpg

They have Suffered Enough, perhaps seeing the Destruction of their Army; Hanover will Accept our Generous Offer of being a Bavarian Puppet and Giving all Lands to Bavaria, allowing them to maintain their Capital City of course.

AnnexationorHanoverianLands.jpg

Excellent, Hanover has Fallen, and we have gained a New Ally. Perhaps they will be of use in the future.

BavarianandBritishPeace.jpg

The War is Over now! Let the Celebration begin!

Nice job defeating Hannover! Let's see, however, where will you expand now.

The North Italian Campaign

King Ludwig I was waiting for his Military Office from The Bavarian Campaign in Hanover. The whole Year was quite Fruitful, Bavaria gained Land in the North, Dismantling a possible Prussian Ally. The Bavarian Economy was booming, but not at the pace which His Majesty would like to see it. King Ludwig I figured the Conservative Party was being Idle and decided to install The National Party, which allowed The State to Control the Economic Growth. This caused a large amount of dissent amongst the German Population; however Ludwig decided it would be best to just Commission the Training of Four Military Guard Infantry Divisions. Once this was solved, Ludwig saw the Construction of Two Factories, One Steel Factory and One Canned Food Factory.

02SteelFactoryBuilt.jpg

08CannedFoodFactoryMade.jpg

There was just one problem. The Factories required a lot of Foreign Imports to keep them Functioning. King Ludwig paced around in his Main Chambers. A knock came from the Door, and a Guard Entered. "Your Majesty, Officer Karl Bickmann has returned from Hanover. He wishes to see you, Your Majesty." The King seemed to appear to be in a better mood. "Do let him in!" The Guard Nodded, "Yes Your Majesty"

Officer Bickmann: Your Majesty, I believe you owe me a Title.

The Two Men began to Chuckle
King Ludwig I: Haha, I believe I do Sir.
[King Ludwig I: However I have certain Issues which I have. So I may need to Delay your Nobility.
Officer Bickmann: Understandable Your Majesty, I have enough time on my hands. But Your Majesty, do tell me what is troubling you.
King Ludwig I: The Newly Founded Factories in Augsburg are Costing the State enormous amounts of Currency, and I am afraid they might needed to be shut down if we can not find a Cheaper Source of Iron for our Canned Goods Food and Steel Factory.
Officer Bickmann: I think I have a Solution, and it isn't as Risky as my previous one.
King Ludwig I: Mein Gott! Do tell Sir!
Officer Bickmann: Parma, the Papal States and another one of those small worthless Italian States; if my memory serves me well have a decent Mine of Iron Ore. More so though in Parma, the Papal States are more so in Cloth and Animals but they would interfere if we invaded Parma.
King Ludwig I: So you plan to just go down in there with a few Bavarian Divisions and just acquire our badly needed Resources by Force!
Officer Bickmann: In the matter of fact Your Majesty, Yes I do.
King Ludwig I: I see no other Solution. Take Four Divisions.
Officer Bickmann: Thank You Your Majesty, You will not be Disappointed.

Before the Troops were to be Sent through Austrian land to the Borders of The Italian States, His Majesty King Ludwig I Opened the Walhalla. It was a great Monument to all the Great Germans and Events since that Battle of Teutoburg Forest in 9 A.D.

01TheWalhalla.jpg

After that, many of the Bavarian Troops were filled with a high sense of Moral and Pride for The Bavarian Empire. They did not know what they would be facing in South in Italy. All they knew that in a couple days to a weeks march, they would be Invading a small Italian State of Modena.

03NorthItalianWar.jpg

04ModenaFalls.jpg

Once The Declaration of War against Modena occurred, Parma and the Papal States Declared War on Bavaria in Defense of their Ally. Troops moved quickly into Modena, Capturing the Rich Iron Ore lands which it owned.

VictoryinParma.jpg

Parma proved to be a little more difficult in capturing, like the first Province of Modena, Parma was also a Iron Ore Rich State, and would be needed to be Captured. The Troops of Parma were not difficult, and in a matter of days should fall to Bavaria.

06ParmaFalls.jpg

Excellent, Onwards to Victory!

07ParmaAnnexation.jpg

Once Parma Fell, Bavarian Diplomats were sent to Parma to begin the Annexation Papers. Soon Parma Agreed to be Annexed and Part of the Growing Bavarian Empire.

10ModenaPeaceOffer.jpg

We did not Declare War for just one Province. All of your Lands shall Fall to Bavaria!

09BattleofMassa.jpg

The Last Stronghold of Modenian Resistance was almost Crushed, once this area was secured, Bavaria would be able to Move Troops to the Papal States.

11MassaFalls.jpg

All of Modena is now in Bavarian Hands. Good News Indeed.

12ModenaAnnexation.jpg

Another Annexation! Splendid!

13BattleofRimini.jpg

The Pope has Finally sent in his first Wave of Troops.

14VictoryatRimini.jpg

As Always, an Another Bavarian Victory!

15RiminiFalls.jpg

Rimini Falls, and is Secured for Bavaria. Continue the March to Rome!

16VictoryatAncona.jpg

17VictoryatPerugia.jpg

18VictoryatViterbo.jpg

19VictoryatGrosseto.jpg

20VictoryoverthePapalStates.jpg

Victory After Victory, Bavarian Troops Broke the Will of The Pope, and Bavarian Diplomats Offered a Generous Peace Offer.​

TheBavarianEmpire2nd.jpg

The Bavarian Empire, now with Italian Lands in the South.​

Interesting... i normally invade Denmark and Holland, though borders with Sweden can be a little hard to see :p

Just outta curiosity, how on EARTH did you get peace with Britain after Hannover? Usually in a war with them I have to either use neville; let them crush me like a bug; or invade the Home Isles.

Interesting read, even if it would have been a real pain for the ultra-Catholic Bavarians to smash the Pope's army! Are you going to install an "ante litteram" Joseph Ratzinger on the Holy See? :D

kalenderee said:
Just outta curiosity, how on EARTH did you get peace with Britain after Hannover? Usually in a war with them I have to either use neville; let them crush me like a bug; or invade the Home Isles.

I am actually amazed by it to. Usually in my other Bavaria games I have to hold the Beaches and just slaughter British Troops on Hanoverian Shores, but they Accepted right away. Hell, I won't complain. :)