• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is that time again! The AARland Gazette is in the process of being written for your enjoyment! I have, as usual, written the first article. More will undoubtedly be forthcoming from my fellow editaars and contributors. Go and read it now!

There must be something in the water, or perhaps in the drinks.
Anyway, fill me up again, I'm back.
Haven't a clue where my AAR about Brabant went, but I'll find it.

The cute little black bunny, Dennis and all the others will return. Can't exactly say when I'll update again, but my notes are ready and are anxiously awaiting being used......in another update.

"The two articles I have read in the new Gazette have been quite good. I hope that their will be more articles as well, but either way, keep up the good work."

“Hi folks, a beer please Amric. Long time since I was here but vacations tend to make your rather lazy. Well I have some news. I have written the last chapters in my Cum Deo story. It will end in the shape of a trilogy and the first chapter (actually chapter 40) is called “The past was dead, the future was unimaginable” a line stolen directly from the book 1984 I must admit”

By now Cat had put away his minature soldiers, and now sat with a copy of Haavard's Guide to event scriptiing and a pencil. His story had taken some ... ahistorical ... twists and he was hoping to insert them into the game.

"...command = type = domestic and ...." he muttered, nearing catatonia, as Machiavellian spoke up. This roused him somewhat and he listened intently.

"I agree," he nodded. "Amric and Stynlan just wrote some fine articles on characters and readers' leaving detailed comments. They're definitely worth viewing."

Noticing Judge ordering a drink, Cat continued: And the first part of Judge's trilogy is up. Things definitely seeming to be coming to a head, it looks like the final confrontation is nigh."

“CatKnight I think it is safe to say so. It is definitely showdown in Marienburg this time. Here have a beer. Judge picks up a pencil. “Got to polish the two other chapters, small details still need some work“.

Judge enters the bar, solemnly placing a book on a table. “Gentlemen it is done. I have finished my third AAR. Yes, for better or for worse the Cum Deo story is finally finished. I just posted the last update. What a showdown it was too. I Wonder how I will get over this? Amric a beer, an AAR for a beer.

Slides a beer over to the Judge....

Well you could reward us with a new AAR based on the Mongolian Empire Scenario. Join Storey, myself, and a couple of others is showing the joy and excitement of this fantastic scenario for EUII. What say you, man? Will you do it? Are you up to the challenge?

Judge takes a sip of his beer. “This must be mind-reading or something. I am actually preparing that kind of AAR but I have to finish my Tiger of Mysore AAR first. It will be a much more serious AAR this time, no crazy characters or plot, just a straightforward, classic EU 2 AAR, cheers”.

"Guiness, barkeep."

Shawn sips on his brew with a look of satisfaction. "Good to see the lo d lady still is here. I've been reading the Gazette, and if an 'old-timer' can say something, the old-days had their gremlins too. But we had fun. And sticking my head here and there through the forum, it looks like people still have fun writing, by and large. That's what matters to me in the end. That said, I think I'll be back sooner next time than I was between my last two visits." ;)

Cat walks in, beaming.

"Afternoon folks!" He nods politely at Shawng and sits at the bar. "Amric, a beer for me - and if you see Stroph, a beer for him too. The library's up to date!"

"A keg? Certainly, by all means. A keg for JWolf!"

At that point Cat checks his coin pouch and frowns.

"Uhm...and charge it to Judge. He's always buying drinks!" ;)

Machiavellian walks into the BAAR and decides to have a seat on one of the stools. Offering a nod to those gathered about, he lets his coins spill out upon the counter.

"A free round for everyone who comes in today on me. Glad to see so many updates recently. I'm anxiously waiting on the continuation of a great many tales at this point. I'd recommend, but I really don't want to leave anyone out just now"

“Sure Catknight a round for everyone and a double for Stroph who obviously need something stronger after all the work”. Judge sits down next to Catknight. “It seems this forum is experiencing some kind of revival with all these new Mongol Empire Scenario stories coming out one after another. I must say I like the idea behind your story Distant Mirror, a sort of hands off game that will guide us through the amazing MES world“. Judge picks up his beer. "Then there is Storey writing a MES tale about the kingdom of Jerusalem (nice country indeed), and Amric is doing one on the Baltic tribes! Hope I haven´t forgotten some work now".

At this point Judge face turns red, well aware of the fact that this thread isn’t about primarily promoting your own work though the rules do allow announcing a new AAR of your own. “There is also my own recently started MES 0.3.3.3b AAR about the Naimans, a people devoted to the Nestorian faith”. Judge makes a slight cough and adjusts his tie. “I really recommend keen EU 2 players to check the MES scenario out, there should be much stuff to write about.

Cat nodded slowly, lifting his beer.

"I've at least looked through them all. The MES world feels more... hm.. on edge. Less in control. Even for the powerful countries like England, just surviving can be amusing. I haven't tried the Mongols yet though." He drank deep. "It appears they start slow, but once tribes start 'acknowledging' their leadership? Eep. One of the questions I hope 'Mirror' answers is how powerful the Mongol AI is once it gets going."

He drank deep, looking around the room.

"As for the other AARs, yours, Amric's and Storey's are great examples of actual play. I'd also add C.V. Mannerheim's "When the Lion Purred" (England) and Lucis Sulla's "Secret of the Templar Knights" (another Jerusalem). Both are on page 2 right now."

"It looks like MES isn't alone though, still several vanilla and AGCEEPs out there, and I saw an Aberration today."

Machiavellian decides to join in the conversation after playing a little MES himself.

"Mongol Empire Scenario is quite entertaining, though It still definately has some work to go. Ireland for instance could use some real work, but all in all, some excellent effort has been put into it and it seems to get patches at a decent rate. I've had some crashes to desktop with this newest patch, but, those sort of things happen. Just got to remember to save a lot. One thing I noticed when I play the mongols is that I tend to conquer all the mongol tribes before Genghis comes to power. Then I just pull out a book and wait for The great Khan."

Machiavellian pauses to take a pull from the scotch in front of him, thinking something over.

"I can't seem to play Vanilla scenario anymore, unless I just want to play as America or Napoleon, etc etc. Otherwise I tend to lean towards the event heavy Mods. Though, I am not overly happy with the path AGCEEP is taking these days. In my opinion at least, they seem to make things much too static and set... Instead of just have fun with it, especially frustrating is the set religions for released vassals and countries. As it currently is one could not have something weird like a muslim dutch netherlands as we saw in zacharym87's cologne AAR"

"Having never played AGC-EEP," Cat begins, looking up, "I'm probably not in the best place to say....but I tend to agree from what I'm hearing, which is why I haven't downloaded that mod. I actually like the idea of 'event heavy,' which I think is a vital component of MES' feel ... but as you said, the result seems to be on the static side. Personally if I play, I expect an ahistorical outcome and seeing something (like a Muslim Netherlands) I never would by reading a history book."

"Not that AGCEEP isn't a noble project, I think it's a culmination of two fine efforts. And just playing as the US I know at least one event that has to go in, but ... hm, still deciding if I want to take the plunge." He grins.

pours all the drinks that have been ordered...wipes down the bar and steps up to the podium.

Nice to see a resurgence in the old bAAR. Nice recommendations, gentlemen. I have to say that the MES is my new favorite scenario, as it gives me more to do with EUII. Not that I was truly bored with the regular grand campaign, as I still had some ideas I could have written about, but with the MES, it really energizes the forum again. Not that it was really all that quiet before, but there is about six MES stories out there right now, and I am sure there will be more soon.

In the spirit of that, I wanted to apologize for not getting an update posted in mine until today. I've been very busy with work, but it is up now and the warring has started! And there WILL be screenshots as soon as nalivayko comes back from vacation! So go check out the War of the Gods Starring the Baltic Tribes!

Status
Not open for further replies.