The Aviarium Continuum: The Greater Flight of the Bird People - A Mildly Interactive/Democratic AAR

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, so are we voting again? So lets go!

Oh and why there is no more support for Hawk! Hawk is clearly the way to go for Aviarium politics!

Election bill:
First Choice: Hawk
Second Choice: Falcon

First Vote: Falcon
Second Vote: Hawk

Although I am still heavily against the ideas of the falcons installing another government type, I firmly believe that synths are a great contribution to the industrial development our home the Aviarum Continuum but they should not have the same rights as natural beings and therefore citizens of our great home! After all they would be tools to aid the Aviarium Continuum to achieve greater goals than any other nation before, mighty and complex tools, no question - but we wouldn't give hammers or tachyon lasers the right to vote our leaders for us would we?
I changed my second vote to Hawks because I think that the Aviarium Contiuum needs a strong central government - although I don't think that puppet states would be a good idea - everyone should have the right to enjoy the greatness of our marvelous home!

Election bill:
Party Choice

First choice: Falcon
Second Choice: Dove

I will not bend yet. I will stick with the vote that was cast.

Election bill:

Party Choice

First choice: Falcon Front
Second Choice: Hawk Lobby

First choice : Hawk
Second Choice : Falcon

Would have picked Hawk/Dove, but the doves just didn't get a strong enough showing on the first round. Also the blocks seem to be clearly leaning towards Albatros/Dove vs Hawk/Falcon, so I'm ensuring the hawks are into it.

If the hawks win, will the question of AI rights come up again ?

I'd also like to thank you for your support thus far. You are the only reader who has been voting on every update since the first chapter!
Well, it's been a fun AAR, what can I say :)
I also had the issue that my gaming computer died the sunday after I bought the game, so I've been reading your game instead of playing mine.

Last edited:

Would have picked Hawk/Dove, but the doves just didn't get a strong enough showing on the first round. Also the blocks seem to be clearly leaning towards Albatros/Dove vs Hawk/Falcon, so I'm ensuring the hawks are into it.

I also had the issue that my gaming computer died the sunday after I bought the game, so I've been reading your game instead of playing mine.

With 10 minutes left to go: Maybe, maybe not. We're near the end of the AAR so a 'no' to synth research now means it may never be offered to me again.

Right now I'm looking at the numbers and about to crunch them, unsure if there's even a viable government this time :rolleyes:.

The voting ends. Let me crunch the numbers of this. It's a very contended election. Results will be a separate update that will later be included in the update if a government can be formed.

The voting ends. Let me crunch the numbers of this. It's a very contended election. Results will be a separate update that will later be included in the update if a government can be formed.

I am imagining a giant spreadsheet of all the prior results. ;)

Election Bill

First Choice: Dove
Second Choice: Hawk

Maybe extend voiting until next monday? More people will vote

Maybe I should have o_O. Four parties are starting to case more problems with the system than I expected.

Doves and Albatrosses unite! Together we will make the Aviarium soar with technological potential!

Also Synth rights, that too!

They did unite in this election.. and well..

Oh, so are we voting again? So lets go!

Oh and why there is no more support for Hawk! Hawk is clearly the way to go for Aviarium politics!

Election bill:
First Choice: Hawk
Second Choice: Falcon

Hawk actually had the most votes! However...

First Vote: Falcon
Second Vote: Hawk

Although I am still heavily against the ideas of the falcons installing another government type, I firmly believe that synths are a great contribution to the industrial development our home the Aviarum Continuum but they should not have the same rights as natural beings and therefore citizens of our great home! After all they would be tools to aid the Aviarium Continuum to achieve greater goals than any other nation before, mighty and complex tools, no question - but we wouldn't give hammers or tachyon lasers the right to vote our leaders for us would we?
I changed my second vote to Hawks because I think that the Aviarium Contiuum needs a strong central government - although I don't think that puppet states would be a good idea - everyone should have the right to enjoy the greatness of our marvelous home!

Well, there's a slight problem...

First choice: Hawk
Second choice: Dove

You dance with the girl that brung you.

The girl that did what to me? :oops:

Election bill:
Party Choice

First choice: Falcon
Second Choice: Dove

I will not bend yet. I will stick with the vote that was cast.

Fair enough, though we're in a bit of a bind right now.

As, as mentioned, it won't unless the tech comes up after the Hawks lose a vote

I am imagining a giant spreadsheet of all the prior results. ;)

I've actually recorded every vote anyone has ever cast :eek:.I'd happily show it after we figure out what to do now.

2355 General Elections (take 2)

In this re-election the results were as follows:

T8VTjxN.png

- With 31,5% (6/19) of the total vote, the Hawk Lobby gained 285 of the 900 normal mandates and the bonus 100 for a total of 385 mandates.
- With 26,5% (5/19) of the vote, the Dove Lobby gained 237 mandates.
- With 21% (4/19) of the vote, the Falcon Front and Albatross Alliance each gained 189 mandates.

With no ability to form a government on their own, the Hawks first sought an alliance with the Dove Lobby to recreate the former Grand Red-Blue Alliance, which half (3/6) of the Hawk voters and an effective plurality wished, this was however rejected as only 20% of the Dove lobby returned the desire.

The Hawk Lobby then moved on to the third government formation tactic, the Falcon Front was torn equally between alliance with the Dove and Hawk Lobby (2/4 each) and could not fulfill the requirements of the 2nd rule.

Using the third rule in unity with the Falcons, A red-purple alliance would only gain 50% of the 189 Falcon Front mandates, hence only 385+90 = 475 mandates.

It soon became apparent that even with the new election rules, no government could be established.

There were multiple options:

- Extend the vote for another day. This would give the 2-3 potential extra voters a lot of extra power, knowing the current results.
- Another re-election. Most *democratic* sure, but it would require more delays.
- Include the votes made by those who participated in the first 2355 election, but didn't make it to the re-election. (This is a total of 4 additional votes that will likely solve the deadlock.) Arguably this is very fair as the voters here knew what they wanted for the 2355--> session, but probably didn't have time to check the newest updates about the re-election.

I'm leaning on the 3rd. I don't expect any of you to be crazy enough to count everyone who's voted in the regular election but not the re-election. It should produce a government, but I won't reveal what it is. This is what I'm going to do unless some of you object before 20 CEST today :-l (in 3,5 hours).

I'm not too happy about making you guys vote time and time again, and I think we should move the plot along, but as I've said, if you guys want another re-election instead of counting the 4 votes, I'll do it.

Last edited:
We need second reelections until Sunday or Monday! Who told that democracy is a easy thing? And I find AARs when writer facing difficulties much more interesting than others.;):rolleyes:

I don't want another re-election UNLESS we change the voting rules. Or this may devolve into a quite big re-election chain...

Option 3. We need to move forward