The Aviarium Continuum: The Greater Flight of the Bird People - A Mildly Interactive/Democratic AAR

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Intermission: Update on internal affairs

Aviarium Continuum demographics

The Aviarium current presides over 2034 standard population units scattered across 182 worlds.

Significant species (3%+)

oYd9KIZ.jpg

- 647 pops of the total population are made up of Bird People. Likely reasons for the overall drop is stunted growth due to slow breeder trait, integration of species that compete with bird people for space on similar planets, as well as a natural consequence of unlocking planet types to colonize that Bird people cannot handle anyway. Interestingly, only 6 Bird pops live outside the Aviarium borders, indicating, of course, that the Aviarium is so awesome that nobody ever wants to move.

- 457 pops are Othari. It seems apparent that the best thing ever to happen to these industrious mammals was being conquered by the Aviarium Continuum. Due to their long-term special status as a species continental preference, they've spread everywhere across the Aviarium from the Shadow Sector to Eastcore.

- 284 pops are Droids. They recently shot up to the third place due to their ability to handle tomb planets resulting in the immediate production of about 150 new units.

- 224 pops are Bhenn'Thell. Enduring and communal, they make up a sizeable population across the Aviarium. While they've increased in numbers since last, they now face competition from Birnathians in Arctic and Ocean worlds. That said, it's worth noting that the total population of the Democratic Bhenn'Thell Council is 154 of which only 105 are Bhenn'Thell.

- 146 ate Drull'Perfen. These inhabitants which all grew from a small group of immigrants from the short-lived Republic of Kergaros, which has since been integrated into the Obevni Union of Tribes, have been selected primarily for tropical colonization, but also some desert planets and continental planets (rumors that the latter was done to keep the Othari from becoming the largest population group is treacherous slander). The fact that they are rapid breaders didn't hurt them.

- 123 are Birnathian These uplifted almost furless mammals share a preference for arctic worlds and communal attitude with the Bhenn'Thell, yet their territorial rivalry isn't very pronounced as large amounts of either species are xenophillic, resulting in a rather large number of Birnathian-Bhenn'Thell shared worlds where they both keep each another happy (It's really rather sweet :)). I like to think of them as Inuits, short and stocky humans to help them deal with the extreme cold.

- 98 are Hathgumm. Most of them are xenophobic jerks.

- 60 are Rontor. These uplifted starborn Arthropoids have a massive +25% habitability modifier as well as a heightened migration tendency. For this reason, despite their Tundra preference, they're now found in small numbers all over the Aviarium despite not having been used for colonization, always looking for new voids to uncover. The -10% happiness malus doesn't do much since they've still got a massive +20% uplifted bonus.

-59 are the relatively newly discovered Fellnoll. They massively inhabited the territory conquered from the Photecians, going as far as to outnumber them 2:1 in that area of the galaxy map. These thrifty Ocean aliens hail from the planet Fellnoll far inside Photecian territory, and it remains unknown if they spread because they were a space-faring civilization that were conquered by the Photecians, or an integrated pre-FTL species that were used to colonize ocean worlds at the Photecian's whims. Mostly militarist and materialist, there's a certain pride in the fact that they are happier in the Aviarium than in the Imperial Photecian Tribes.

Minor species (notes only for new species/changes)

aHglQuf.jpg

oa3n0wr.jpg

WnxtryM.jpg

- There are more Neo-Birdpeople than I thought. I wonder if I should be concerned >.>.
- The Jogollwa are better smugslugs than the Wacegi, and that's final.
- The Sun-In-Ring icons are for the Sanctuary locals.
- The "Super" Hathgumm, probably diverged like the Neo-Bird people... are repugnant and solitary and have lost the industrious trait.
- These pre-sentients do not actually exist in Aviarium space, but in Photecians. I've no idea why they show up in my empire contacts screen.
- The Tendrakkians are still quite stagnant.
- Most newly conquered Photecians are spiritualist and slightly xenophobic. They barely tolerate the Aviarium and the Aviarium barely tolerates them. The real gains in the war were the Fellnoll and colonizeable planets.

Diplomatic situation (or 'They gave us map modes! Glorious map modes!)

Everyone hates the Aviarium with the exception of the Fallen Empires who don't care.

There are four remaining foreign alliances and federation:

- The Star Pact which the Aviarium recently fought in Purple. Currently at war with the Star Axis in red (Kraxroz Empire, United Ess'Jaggon Empires)

GFyzOFV.jpg

- The Condign Entente including the Bhenn'Thell and SE factions such as the Havarigga which are already under diplomatic border siege by the Aviarium.

QdSirGk.jpg

- The Drull'Perfen-Rak'Thalak'Nak Compact which.. retains their name despite there being no Drull'Perfen state. If nothing else, they remain optimistic, I suppose.

N4VHARG.jpg

New fleet ships

With the changes of Asimov (ran the Beta, savegame viable) designs were slightly modified. While most corvettes and destroyers retain their design principles, they are joined by the new Aura-class Tachyon destroyer, designed to be the artillery of a newly planned destroyer-only tactical strike fleet.

CrVkydj.jpg

Meanwhile, the Inferno cruiser has been outfitted with kinetic artillery to avoid complete dependence on energy weapons. It is joined by the new Kinetic ArchDragon Battleship, outfitted with a Quantum Destabilizer module that inhibits enemy fire rate.

5GIkogg.jpg

Most other battleships have been outfitted with Tachyon Lances, with the exception of the close-contact ArchNemesis battleships which has been outfitted with fighter wings.

abkzo8S.jpg

They're the most basic of fighters so they... kind of suck. Looks cool, though!

Central government expansion.

With the recent improvements to bureaucratic efficiency (that is, core systems not planets), the current plan is for the central government to retake control of the Rastaban system with Purple Nest (which now also includes the Arctic planet 'Purple Egg'), the Desres system (which beyond Cyan Nest now also has its very own Droid Tomb world, Burnished Nest)

wMD3nLb.jpg

I really like the new colour effects of the parent star, when viewing systems.

... And the Birnathi-populated White Nest of the Bapagia system near Sanctum.

oYMK7f2.jpg

One of the previously mentioned Birnathian-Bhenn'Thell lovefest planets.

These systems will be specialized is helping to offset the energy demands of the fleet. (Since Martial Democracy has been made into the worst government, giving bonuses only to army upkeep which make up a tine portion of expenses)

Last edited:
First choice: Dove
Second Choice: Albatross

Synths must be accepted as our equals!

Election bill:

Party Choice

First choice: Falcon Front
Second Choice: Hawk Lobby

First choice: Hawk
Second choice: Dove

I never thought I would vote for the Hawk lobby, but the other parties policies on robots left me no choice...
As I believe some paths are simply to risky to even try.

First Choice: Falcon
Second Choice: Albatross

I'm conflicted - I believe that the military plans of the falcons and the albatrosses make the most sense and I don't like the idea of giving synths civil rights so I put the falcons first. I too think that the falcons favor a strong central government over strong sectors which is the second reason why I put them first. But I fear the conversion to the type of government the falcons favour and try to install if they get the necessary votes so my plan was at first to vote for Hawk/Albatross but that would have not allowed the research of synths...
In the end it's a tactical vote because after looking at the other votes it seems that few people favoured the Falcon Front so my hope is that the falcons don't get the necessary votes to reform the government but enough to push their military plans and views on the research of synths.

PS: poimniocracy is supposed to be a mixture of the old greek word for "flock" (poimnos) and kratos meaning rule or power - so the rule of the flock.
Of course I didn't put much of a research in this and I bet it doesn't really mean what it's supposed to mean but I liked the sound of the word ;)

Last edited:
This is amazing. You're writing something really fascinating here. I'm on tenterhooks.

Party Choice

First choice: Falcon
Second Choice: Dove

Much as I hate to leave the Doves and support a group as radical as the Falcons, right now they're the only ones speaking sense. Synths are not people, can never be people, and should only be allowed to exist inasmuch as they improve the lives of people. Giving them any sort of rights would be absurd.

Analyzing it seems to indicate that 75% have been jumping from party to party according to their plans or maybe because people just wanted a change, while the remaining 25% quite adamantly stuck with the same parties.
And I've been one of those 25% of people. Until now.

Party Choice
First Choice : Falcon
Second Choice : Hawk

We've brought down the last remnants of the old order in the Gurite Guardians, now it's time for the petty realms of this age to bow down to the Continuum. We have the technology, and they only have their knees.

Frankly I just want to see it all burn. Enslaved synths, endless war and dictatorship ? Sign me up !

The Hawk-Dove coalition instituted many policies I was strongly against. The banning of genetically superior leaders is foolish and short sighted. We should not be focusing on enhancing droids, but rather on enhancing our genetic characteristics and those of the many citizens of the Aviarium. While I agree with the current expansion policies of the Dove and once again they seem to be very much a party I agree with in some circles, their domestic policies are diverging more and more from my own views. It is time for a change. Perhaps this new Stratocracy that the falcons have presented will allow for Neo-Bird people to achieve lasting leadership of the Continuum.

Election bill:

Party Choice

First choice: Falcon
Second Choice: Dove