The Aviarium Continuum: The Greater Flight of the Bird People - A Mildly Interactive/Democratic AAR

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Party Choice

First choice: Albatross
Second Choice: Dove

How to increase the size of the Murmuration

Set to 1000 seats: [X ]

Set number of seats to dynamically 10X inhabited planets: []

First Choice: Albatross
Second Choice: Hawk

Set to 1000 Seats [x]

As mentioned previously, I'll extend the voting until Monday next week since I won't have time to play until next week anyhow. I like having the session and update the same week as the vote.

First Choice: Albatross

Set to 1000 Seats [x]

A seat cap is definitely more ideal for the sake of less crap needing to be double checked.

Last edited:
Election bill:

Party Choice

First choice: Dove
Second Choice: Albatross

How to increase the size of the Murmuration:

OR

Set number of seats to dynamically 10X inhabited planets: [ ]

I for one do not like that our great Aviarium Continuum is now presided over by a strange mammalian race that only recently entered into our government by means of conquest. Had it been an uplifted race or one of the races that for generations have lived within the Continuum there would be little concern, but this situation is disturbing. What the Aviarium needs now is a return to Dove governing. Let us not go down the path of reaching out with talons into the cosmic unknown. Instead let us focus on building our great stellar nest and strengthening our boundaries for the future. Our oldest of enemy states still exist in our backyard. It is time to incorporate them fully - as Vassals or as subjects.

Party Choice

First choice: Hawk

I love the ringworld capital, but now that all parties agree on that policy I'm casting my vote to avoid any push for AI sentience. We already have to deal with restless minorities and a wingless Lord Protector of questionable allegiance - I really hope we won't soon have to deal with soulless machines demanding rights as well.

Set to 1000 seats: [ X ]

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I find your PR government formation system works quite well. First past the post can bury all but one party.

Overall, I think it works quite well. The difficult part would to stabilize elections with 5 or more parties, which would give me complete control of government formation (which would defeat the point)

Party Choice
First Choice: Dove

Set to 1000 seats: [ X]

OR

Hello, this is the first time i comment on this mod, as well in the paradox site, very fun, dynamic and interesting mod so far. I personally hope you add a pacifist party as the extremist party you were thinking about to add, so to differentiate one party radically and completely from the hawks(who may perhaps be made more extreme maybe aiming for a military dictatorship) However, i look forward to the Aviarium Continuum controlling half of the galaxy(a goal which looks not so far now) :)

Welcome to the AAR!

The thing about extremist parties is that they're so focused that they're unlikely to get any government "partners". If I made a pacifist party, they'd keep choosing the Doves as their partner, if I made a very aggressive one out of the Hawks (well, more than they are) nobody would have them as their second choice.

I do try to make parties that are a mixture of good and bad and not too focused on anything to prevent solidified coalitions.

I can't actually make a Dictatorship since the Aviarium has a base individualist ethic blocking it.

Also, pacifism would be boring to me at this point, so I refuse to make such a party :p.

Second choice: Hawk
Set to 1000 seats (I don't think it would be a good idea to change the number of seats whenever we colonize a new planet).

I have no qualms about liberating the people of the backward aristocratic regimes we surround.
But I just can't stand the idea of attacking the Bhen'Thell they are neither a treat nor have they done anything against us, if we do it we'd only end up looking like a scary-named evil empire in one of those crappy Fex'Klangan space operas (like trek wars craft star).

(Also, you need to be individualist to build Stock Exchanges? the plutocratic collectivists of the Othari Commonwealth (read Commonpoor) must be turning hard enough in their graves to power a spacestation (except those which aren't dead of course).)

The Bhenn'Thell are actually pretty angry with the Aviarium for defeating the unfriendly neighborhood totalitarian states :confused:.

Now that you mention it, it is quite ironic that plutocratic oligarchies that are not individualist don't understand stocks...?!

I just realized that in Aviarium lives more Bhenn'Thell than in their own state:eek:

I think we've reached that point yeah :D We're better at Bhenn'Thelling than the Bhenn'Thells (and our Bhenn'Thell are better anyhow).

Election bill:

Party Choice

OR

I for one do not like that our great Aviarium Continuum is now presided over by a strange mammalian race that only recently entered into our government by means of conquest. Had it been an uplifted race or one of the races that for generations have lived within the Continuum there would be little concern, but this situation is disturbing. What the Aviarium needs now is a return to Dove governing. Let us not go down the path of reaching out with talons into the cosmic unknown. Instead let us focus on building our great stellar nest and strengthening our boundaries for the future. Our oldest of enemy states still exist in our backyard. It is time to incorporate them fully - as Vassals or as subjects.

Eliminating them would also go a long way to cure my inner map fascist.

As for our dear Lady Protector... Well, democracy can be odd sometimes.

Party Choice

I love the ringworld capital, but now that all parties agree on that policy I'm casting my vote to avoid any push for AI sentience. We already have to deal with restless minorities and a wingless Lord Protector of questionable allegiance - I really hope we won't soon have to deal with soulless machines demanding rights as well.

Set to 1000 seats: [ X ]

Hell yeah, I'm in love with Sanctum too. Gave me four 25-tile worlds to play around with and right now they're being transformed into the research and energy hub of the galaxy (at the end of the update the Aviarium capital planets produce about 300 energy and receive 100 from sectors. Meanwhile almost all minerals and Research come from sectors).

I... really don't know if I should keep from researching Sentient AI even if the Hawks were in control. I certainly would stop expanding their numbers (with the Albatross Alliance leading, I'm keeping them at a constant 7-10% of the total population) and they would be servants and not full citizens under the Hawks unless there was an election to that effect. Synths would also not be researched. However, sentient AI is required for a better battle computer, something even the Hawks would probably support.

I could actually use your stance on this, would you, as a Hawk Supporter, be opposed to researching Sentient AI to unlock better battle computers, but not proceeding to Synths?

General Election of 2310

With a large majority, the Murmuration is extended to 1000 seats to ensure representation of even small planets.

With the votes counted, it became clear that the Albatross Alliance had ensured more than 45% of the vote with 48% (11/23), with a greater than 5% lead on any competitors. The Albatross Alliance therefore won an assured majority of 550 of the 1000 seats with the rest distributed as such:

- With 48% of the vote, the Albatross Alliance gained 550 seats
- With 26% each (6/23) both the Dove and Hawk lobby gained 225 seats.

The Albatross Alliance formed a unitary government as a result and abolished remains of Dove policy. For now it stayed allied with the Republican Force as any immediate war goals would be unlikely to be limited by them.

l37C7c4.png

2310-2330: Chapter 6 - The Weakness of Vultures

Following the election came bureaucratic moves. If the Guma could not be released, then they needed stronger leadership. The Guma Republic was abolished and the planets fused into the now united Othari-Guma Republic, with the Proxima sector gaining four planets in the west including Cyan and Purple nest, to preserve balance of powers in the region.

0mFuYq0.jpg

Not at all related to the fact that leadership is a very limited resource in Stellaris. :rolleyes:

Interesting, the Ocean-planet Guma had unlocked the secrets of colonizing arid worlds, but being the xenophobic scum that they were, had refused to let other species settle there despite being unable to deal with the climate themselves.

The Guma found a solution they could live with, and the Albatross Alliance decided to expand on it (while expecting Bird People and other species to move in by themselves later):

vqtxxJz.jpg

Planet of the droids. They've done this a lot.

The area also had multiple planets that the Guma had simply left alone, such as Desert and Arctic worlds, and soon settlers in the region started to compete with the local Guma in numbers. The Albatross plans to eventually release this specific region as a vassal was starting to look unlikely... enhanced by the fact that some planets had Guma that didn't completely agree with the "kill all the disgusting buzzards" position.

hWuCrTE.jpg

Okay, so they're not happy as such, but I can work with this.

A new civilization was found in previously Guma-controlled part of the sector. While usually this would usually bring jubilation, the Albatross Alliance decided, for the time being, to do nothing about it. They were bronze age people of a highly troublesome ethic combination; either they would be very angry after a planetary invasion, or the effort to bring them up to speed would take 50 years.

Dsmh1BF.jpg

"Meh, more xenophobes" - Anyone but the most expansionist of Bird People.

In order to relieve the Bhenn'Thell that had... accidentally settled in a desert planet, the new technology to edit the genes of selected populations was approved to be used on the planet in question. However, in order to perform the action, access to the Bhenn'Thell homeworld was required... and would not be granted.

l8xONdr.jpg

I'm just trying to gene edit one planet under Aviarium control, why would I need access to the Bhenn'Thell? :confused:

Meanwhile, Bird People on a Tundra planet in Grekil took the task upon themselves.

FngVK5b.jpg

The planet was renamed "Grekill Prime" shortly after. The Aviarium has so many planets that names are being reused all over the place. Also, this can't possibly have any bad consequences... right?

In 2313, the Jogollwa enlightenment finally finished. The resulting government and ethics of the smugslugs left absolutely nobody surprised.

gnT3Kvz.jpg

The central government also agreed to spend a fortune to save the planet Craw't Leafless from a failing harvest.

vW4p238.jpg

This... seems extremely trivial at this point in the game. I just use the chance to rename planets when I find duplicated names at this point :rolleyes:

In 2215, the secrets of colonizing tropical worlds was discovered and a few years later, Ocean worlds would follow. The Aviarium would exceed 100 colonized planets in the course of a decade, as Birnathi, Chenn'Thell and Othari settlers spread across these new worlds.

(Yeah, I've got a dozen other species some even better acclimatized, but I like using 3-4 main species - Bird Person (arid, desert, tundra), Bhenn'Thell and Birnathi (ocean, arctic, tundra), Othari (tropical, continental) to cover the spectrum. I'm fine with ~65% max happiness in exchange.)

But there were other ways to expand. The Photecians, who revered only their Empress more than their gods, were posing a threat to the Aviarium, and blocking it off from it's northernmost ally, the Valdari. While the Valdari had... a questionable hegemonic rulership, they were by far the lesser of evils.

It was time for war.

The Aviarium would claim the systems north of the Eastcore sector and gave to the Valdari as much as could be promised on the other arm.

otJ9ebB.jpg

Even as the war started with the Aviarium fleet was split into two grand flocks and a tactical one to conduct bombing missions, the Neo-Bird People front turned to increasingly drastic methods, terminating in them being declared a terrorist group. Their claim to superiority seemed to mainly be that they could handle somewhat lower temperatures and were freakishly strong...

5oDsdcj.jpg

This is where most collectivists/xenophobes would have an itching purge finger.

The initial advance into the space-north of the Eastcore sector went unopposed by the wormhole-using Phoeticians, leaving resources at home focused on developing the new Battleship class to support the navy as soon as possible.

In the meantime, a long cat and mouse had ensued in the Pheotecian war, as the nearby planets were easily conquered, but the enemy fleet would often wormhole in, try to "liberate" the planet, then diving into a wormhole and leaving before it could be caught.

In 2318 that finally changed.

9zylsGd.jpg

Gunner-Predator 2nd degree, Head-fur of Obsidian, of the 2nd Grand Flock Wildfire destroyer IBP Castigator sighed as she reclined further into her (admittedly comfortable) gunner's chair. Yet another 8-hour shift was about to begin and would likely end the same way as it had countless times before: With nothing of interest happening.

Three years they'd been out here, either helping to bomb planetary defenses into oblivion, scaring off would-be landing parties or just hovering around in space waiting for something to happen. The damn Photecians kept their fleets in the other galaxy arm, and that arm was positioned almost 30 hyperlane jumps away through Valdari territory. Sometimes she wondered why they insisted on sticking with the hyperdrives, fast as they were over short distances.

Absent-mindlessly, she began readjusting her long head-fur. Indeed, she mused, this was a Birnathian specialty and many Birnathians pitied the Othari for not being able to grow theirs very long and their Bird People benefactors for not having head-fur at all! Taking good care of head-fur was very important in Birnathian culture, and unkept head-fur was the mark of a lesser spirit! If you were a male and losing it, there was no shame in shaving it and focusing on your face-fur, but damn it all if you didn't take care to shave every morning then!

That said, as many other Birnathians, her parents had abandoned traditional Birnatian names like "Anna", "Brunhilde" and "Bob-Schmidt" in favor of a proper Bird Person one, as had many of the other crewmen of the IBP Castigator. A proud vessel, the new Wildfire Destroyer class was the only ship type in the Aviarium build around kinetic weaponry, being stocked with five railguns. Officially, it was built to hammer enemy corvettes and other destroyers, but she and the rest of the crew knew that most of all, the Wildfire class was built to take an unreasonable amount of punishment (easily three times that of the Hale corvettes), while the Inferno, Halestorm and Blizzard class hammered the victory home and Hale-class corvettes swarmed the enemy. She didn't mind, holding the line was as fine a task as any and the crew of the Wildfire vessels commanded much respect for that.

She looked around the command room, at full battle readiness 16 people were required to man the ship out of a crew of 24, but right now there were only 10 people in here considering the lack of anything going on. In the back she spotted the horns (and noticed the faint musky smell) of a Othari gunner she hadn't had a chance to speak to, since he had transferred here from another ship just a few days ago.

To the side she eyed up her fellow Gunner-Predator Knees of Titanium. His seat has been... slightly modified to accommodate the Bhenn'Thell's four one-and-a-half meter long legs and tiny arms. When she first signed up she'd been curious how they had managed to become warriors in the first place - that was before she personally witnessed a Bhenn'Thell Ground Hugger jump 1,5 meters into the air on top of a Guma trooper and snap its neck - despite the fact that said neck was mostly composed of a clam shell. Knees of Titanium noticed her staring and turned a few of its eyes her way while keeping the others trained at its screen (so unfair they could do that!) "Still up for the Star Obevni tournament after the shift, Birnathian friend?" its translator hummed, "You know it, Knees" she smiled.

She looked back at her screen, just about to initiate her daily training simulation when the red alarm across the entire command room started blazing and beaming. The skeleton crew in the command deck was quickly increasing in number, as the Bird People radar officers and their floating Syldaean shield-engineer poured into the command room. "Enemy vessel encountered" blazed the speakers, followed by a video feed of Admiral Plume of Cyan ordering everyone into formation and to ready their weapons.

This day suddenly got a lot more interesting.

GwZ2jOu.jpg

The alarms blared as the Pack-Leader of the vessel chirped orders to strike at the ever changing targets or to perform evasive manures as the IBP Castigator charged into the battlefield, railguns blazing and surrounded by friendly plasma bolts slamming into the enemy vessels. A single enemy hit the vessel with some sort of lightning weapon that burned through the shields and sent sparks flying from her console into her dark head-fur, starting a small fire that was quickly put out by on-ship fire-control systems.

Suppose she'd have to try out one of the short head-fur cuts, she mused as she turned her railgun to take revenge on the enemy destroyer which had fired on their ship and covered the entire command deck with the smell of burnt Birnathian head-fur.

EKhf22a.jpg

Their ships heavily rely on missiles and torpedoes while the Aviarium has multiple ships with point defenses. This was even more of a slaughter than it should have been.

Despite this setback, the capture of their western holdings and the Valdarian encroaching on the northern planets the Photecians remain steadfast in their dedication to their autocratic leadership.

pqABfMJ.jpg

Not very well she doesn't!

The Aviarium leadership was more than ready to take the war to the faraway Photecian homeworld if need be. However...

8ltTMhf.jpg

The cowardly Othari, Drull'perfen and other crony allies thought that the Photician war would leave the Aviarium weak and defenseless!

Determined to prove how wrong they were, the Photecians were let off with only ceding their western holdings and a single system to the Valdari (they could hardly argue, the Aviarium had done 95% of the work) and the fleet was sent southwards to deal with this new threat.

L22Q1v5.jpg

The only reconciliation here is the one with freedom now felt by your liberated people!

The new enemies were:

- The Othari remnant.
- The Drull-Perfen remnant.
- The Rak'Thalak'Nak nation east of the Fex'Klanga (purple wing you can see on the right side of the above image).
- The Djunn Combine to the far north (cyan, north of the core).

Of these four, only the Tak'Thalak'Nak and Djunn had actual worthwhile fleets and the latter was unlikely to be able to make it all the way south (and was facing the Valdari, which were just about match for them).

It was hard for the Aviarium leaders to understand why they would think they even had a chance, even if the war with the Photecians had not been cut short.

The fleet was repaired best as it could be and then pushed onward into the last remaining Drull'Perfen star system, Menkar, where the enemy fleet had been spotted.

gpvbLng.jpg

The 1st Grand Flock was however denied their time in the spotlight, as the enemy fleet performed an emergency jump before the real battle could begin.

To add insult to injury, the 2nd Grand Flock led by Plume of Cyan had been sent west to deal with the enemy Othari fleet, which was causing trouble in the Othari-Guma sector and successfully hunted it down.

xoR59w2.jpg

Determined to reach their target, the 1st Grand Flock hunted the enemy fleet in the east in circles until finally they caught it, as the Drull'Perfen federation tried to enter the Menkar system once again after Republican Force troops had seized control of it.

nBAiv0V.jpg

The enemy had tried to reinforce with their last remaining fleet, but had jumped out at the last minute, as it became obvious that the battle was lost.

The victories were followed by a general advance in 2323 into enemy territory to occupy enough planets to make them surrender and to hunt down the remaining enemy fleets. In the west, the Othari no longer had any remaining fleets and their three planets were already under siege.

In 2324 the last remaining enemy fleets were hunted down in the Zif system by the 2nd Grand Flock, which had turned eastwards and left the capture of Othari planets to the 1st Tactical Flock.

mXSK4mz.jpg

Wings of Red had been put in charge of the 2nd Grand Flock to avoid Plume of Cyan from having to jump from fleet to fleet every time there was an interesting engagement.

oPyHi7X.jpg

This is the 2nd of two battles. The other one ended about the same.

The war lasted until 2327, as planets were put under orbital siege and captured one by one, until the enemy federation saw no options but to surrender.

koTAcWS.jpg

In the aftermath, the last remaining Othari planets were integrated into the Aviarium, the last Drull'Perfen planet Menkar added to the Obevnis and the Fex'Klanga were awarded the Zif system from the Rak'Thalak'Nak nation.

y63KjK0.jpg

This was an astounding victory for the Republican Force and marked the end of two sad autocratic leftover states... yet the galaxy was furious and outraged, even democratic ones such as the Bhenn'Thell wanted nothing to do with the Aviarium in the aftermath.

It seemed that the other members of the Republican Force were the last friends the Aviarium had in the galaxy.

In the three years passing, and even during the slowdown of the 2nd Great Liberation War as it became known, a massive effort was underway to colonize every remaining planet in the Aviarium. Beyond this, the continued conflict with the Neo-Bird People and discontent people in the newly conquered lands...

SzFdhzq.jpg

... Meant that the Albatross Alliance leadership chose that this was the time to turn some of the enormous wealth of the Aviarium back to its citizens.

lOC6XGM.jpg

Soo expensive, especially the energy. :eek: Even so, stability is a high concern at this stage and preferably a systemic boost is needed.

The newly conquered lands also held a surprise: Beyond the newly integrated Photecian "fox people" were a mulloscoid species that had been a sort of inferior client species to the Photecians, which were now also counted among Aviarium civilians.

SbiLnvN.jpg

Hanaar! I'm also really happy to see some new POPs that don't hate us right away :oops:. They're moving all over the Aviarium.

During the course of the election period, advances were made in weaponry, meaning that at the end of 2330, every ship model was upgraded with new shields, armour and a new hyperdrive. The battleships, which had only seen little action during the Photecian Liberation war and the 2nd Great Liberation War, were soon produced in three models. Additionally a new corvette (the Pebble-class) was commissioned to make use of the new Stormfire Autocannon, engineered with blueprints captured from the Photecians.

nRYqeBd.jpg

- The ArchHunter, designed to ensnare the enemy vessels from entering FTL and pummel them from afar.
- The ArchPhoenix, designed to heal nearby fleet units and also provide extensive artillery fire.
- The ArchNemesis, designed to disintegrate enemy shields and to engage the enemy fleets at a closer distance than the other ships.

Aetharia, though dwarfed by not only Sanctum, but also the sheer size of the republic which it now controlled (121 planets and counting), was still the capital and the construction of a hyper entertainment forum and a new research institute were initiated to cement this fact.

6S7CT5A.jpg

Notice that every mining operation is being replaced by Science! and energy production.

During the wars, the work of Scientist-Captains was put on hold to focus on analyzing debris and investigating newly conquered systems.

MNH9zGz.jpg

Technology designed to enhance the leaders of the Aviarium through subtle gene modification of those who are rising in the ranks and offspring of those who could afford it, was initiated by the Albatross leadership.

D6NaI9v.jpg

In the east and in the south, indirect border aggression with colonies and even frontier stations had yielded advances of the recognized Aviarium borders... To some intergalactic objections.

NIq2Q4T.jpg

Just keep insisting that it's yours and eventually they'll cave in.

The new borders also meant that the area of space west of the Gurite Guardians was now open to Aviarium settlement by moving through the Obevni space. Heavy political debate persists of further angering the Gurites is wise, as they already seem quite fed up with the proximity of the Aviarium after it claimed the planets in the eastern Shadow sector, which had been previously left alone due to fear of angering them. There is no questioning, however, that if the Aviarium does not claim the planets soon, the Rak'etc or Obevnis will.

UqW2cM5.jpg

End of chapter 7. There is a new election active until Monday 20, see appendices.

Appendix 1 - New Party and the future of the Republic

The Falcon Front

Following the expansion of the Murmuration, the expansion of the Aviarium itself, the shocking election of someone who had not served as officer in the Aviarium but was merely considered apt because she'd been an officer of the backwards ringworld nation she'd belonged to...

A large part of the Aviarium population has become quite concerned with the future leadership of the republic, as the Lord/Lady Protector are often seen as weak and ineffectual in comparison to the power of the Murmuration.

The Falcon Front is the result of a political movement to change this. It argues that the office of Lord/Lady protector is too weak to continue to lead the Aviarium further into this century and that to change this, the very foundation of the Republic must change too!

They argue in favor of a new election system, where only a few of the highest ranked and most loyal officers of the Aviarium are put up as candidates as leader of the republic, and that the title of this leader shall be the Strategos, as they will hold great executive power to plan for the future of the Republic. To ensure effiency without worrying about constant re-elections, the Strategos would rule for 40 years at a time.

The Strategos will be elected directly by the Murmuration and indirectly by the citizens, as citizens will vote both for their preferred party, then which Candidate for the position of Strategos they would support. No more secondary votes. Each party of the Murmuration will throw all of its mandates behind the candidate preferred by a majority of each party's voters and the new Strategos would have extensive control over the actions they would take, while parties would mostly concern themselves with policies and minor projects.

In terms of other policies, the Falcon Front presents themselves as moderate militarists who, unlike the Hawks and Doves, realize the value of Droids and unlike the Albatross Alliance, work for the good of the entire Aviarium, not the interests of the sectors.

Realizing that Bird People now make up only a third of the population of the Aviarium, and that they could not win an election on the platform of limiting xenos from leadership or voting, they do not oppose xeno participation (that ship has sailed guys, elections are binding)

EeI1EUX.png

Albatross Electoral Reform "Let the military fight, let the governors govern!"

The Albatross Alliance instead argues in favor of reform to abolish the absolute connection between the military and the government. Having no ties to Aetherian history, and arguing that the military leadership was a result of Bird People psychology and history, which no longer applies to the Aviarium Continuum where the Bird People only make up 33%, and more than a century has passed since the Bird People left Aetheria.

Indeed, to ensure fair representation, serving the military shouldn't be a requirement at all! The Aviarium has many pacifist citizens who are left without representation and this is antidemocratic!

The Albatross Alliance instead argues in favor of what they call a "Democratic Utopia", an indirect democracy where checks and balances ensures a high degree of competency in elected officials and leaves the government a civil institution with the military under their control. This is not to say the Aviarium will become pacifist, rather that leadership and the right to vote as citizens should be unrelated to the military.

Hawk and Dove reply

The Hawk and Dove Lobby have given an official to both parties, united reply:

"No."

In further detail, they separately argue many main points aimed at the proposed changes in government:

- The Current government and election methods have worked to make the Aviarium the single strongest faction in the Galaxy.
- The required military service rarely means actual participation in war, and it ensured the investment of citizens to the state.
- Being led by someone with no experience with war, who does not know the dangers felt by the crewmen or the soldiers on the ground, will led to callousness and disregard for the military.
- The system proposed by the Albatross Alliance would lead to military neopotism and make it hard for the common soldier to rise in the ranks. It also strains the democratic values of the entire Aviarium!
- The Lord or Lady Protector are not "weak", they merely answer to the authority of the Murmuration, The so-called Strategos would rule as much as 40 years would have no limits upon their authority.

In summation

- To enact any of these changes, the Falcon Front or Albatross Alliance would need to win a pure majority as no other party would support it.
- If they come to lead a coalition government, will will be a popular yes/no vote at the end of their reign instead.
- All parties of the Murmuration will still agree to form coalition governments as dictated by the citizen's vote.
- This is the only chance to change government form of the Aviarium, I don't want it to be a thing that could happen in just any election.

Appendix 2 - Current Political Agenda

Future War Targets

- Albatross Alliance: It is time we took the fight to the Bhenn'Thell. The Hawks were not wrong in pointing out that they now have cut any communication with us and pledged eternal opposition due to our expansion. It would do the Bhenn'Thell people and good to remain under their current short-sighted pacifist leadership and we owe it to them to rescue the. They represent the last federation that has yet to strike at us - and we should not wait for them to cowardly blindside us in the back as did the members of the Drull'Perfen-Rak'etc Combined (now ironically without any Drull'Perfen)

- Hawk Lobby: We believe that it is time that our fleet dealt with the last remaining threat... and that is not the Bhenn'Thell! It is the Fallen Empire, these "Gurite Guardians" which by now are falling behind and guarding nothing but themselves. It is only a matter of time before they turn on us, and we should upgrade our fleet over the next 5-8 years until we're ready to pacify them! We also believe they have technology that will be vital to continue our positions as the future leaders and protectors of the galaxy.

- Dove Lobby: We have finished off the Drull'Perfen and the Othari Remnants. We even argued in the last election that they were the goal we should expire to focus on, and yet they went ahead and attacked the loner faction Photecians, which nobody cared about before! Well, the Photecians are now aligned with the Guma, the Lorongo Star Dominion, the Jurin Commonwealth and the Yalon Combine. They've created a new federation against us, but we should not falter and rise again to liberate the remaining Guma!

- Falcon Front: Quite surprisingly, we agree with the Dove Lobby. The time to take on the Gurite Guardians is not yet, maybe in 20-30 years. We should instead nib this young federation before the Photecians rebuild, but instead of focusing on the Guma which would be incompatible with our governments, we should attack them for even more planets belonging to Photecians, which would yield a greater gain!

As always, colour coded for your convenience!

GBMSNIO.jpg

Should the planets to the east of the Gurite Guardians be settled?

Albatross Alliance: No. If we are to focus our conquests elsewhere, we should be under great strain to fight off a pissed off ancient empire!

Hawk Lobby: Yes. We plan on taking them on anyway, it is a far better solution than to let the Rak'Tak take them!

Dove Lobby: Yes. The thought of more planets falling into the hands of the oligarchic so-called "mega corporation" government of the Rak'thalak'nak Nation is unbearable. If the Gurites lose their minds... we have faith in our fleet to deal with them.

Falcon Front: No, the strategic value of these planets is relatively small compared to expanding against other factions. We do want to take on the Gurites eventually to make us of their greater weapons, but we should do it when we're sure we can win!

Appendix 3 - New Election

The 2330 general elections are called. There are four parties to choose from - The Hawk Lobby, The Dove Lobby, The Albatross Alliance and the Falcon Front.

Election bill:

Party Choice

First choice:
Second Choice:

Last edited:
Election bill:

Party Choice

I'm a hawkcore loyalist! I never thought I'd support Dove, but it seems that the Albatross and the Falcon are showing their true feelings! We shall not waver in our determination! Hawk is the way to go! Let us claw a piece of Gurite territory for fatherland!