• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But I thought GIMP doesn't allow for the direct editing of text in layers. Is there any free version of Photoshop out there?

I can't buy Photoshop, and downloading a trial is going to be pointless if I'm going to use the AAR a lot. So, I'm trying to find an alternate solution, by knowing the font.

But I want to make sure that I type the new text layer 'correctly'...meaning I need to know the font and the font size of the text.

Looks like the standard is set to 11,24 pt font size for the choice and name of the event lines, and 13,53 pt for the country line.
Font type is Arial, this is not exactly the same as real font type but it is as close as we could get without having to pay for it.

If you manage to find a better font type please let us know.

Hey.

Just wanted to say I'm the first person ever to use the GFX kit for an AAR in CK!

Even though I only use the vintage photo for now, it still wouldn't be there if it wasn't for you guys. It is of course mentioned in the first post of the AAR.

Great! I don't see why it couln't be applied to AARs of other games, the title is a bit wrong imo.

The Grungy effects on your pics look good, though your "Brittania" header could use some more grunge around it's edges. ;)

So thanks for everyone for using our GFX cit, spread the word! Because remember:
Good pics, or it didn't happen. ;)

-TRP

Very cool :p. Right now I'm thinking of ways to improve the AGK, my gripe is that a lot of the pics come out looking generic and grainy, maybe I should add more variations and different sizes? i'll have a review and work on a 1.1 in February

The pictures I use for my AARs at the moment aren't looking very too good and I fear they're bring down the overall quality of my AARs.

Is this kit easy to learn?

The pictures I use for my AARs at the moment aren't looking very too good and I fear they're bring down the overall quality of my AARs.

Is this kit easy to learn?

Definitely, we made it as easy as possible to learn.

Before RTCB, I had practically no Photoshop knowledge, I learned while I was making the AAR.
This experience is applied to the Kit, but in order to learn as fast as possible, just play around a bit with all the options. ;)

Good luck,

-Laurence

TRP dudes, any tutorial on how to make our own grundge thingies?

I'd love those.

Grunge brushes, really. If you have Photoshop, drop by deviantart and search for 'grunge brushes' or 'dirt brushes', then DL a sh*tload of em and see which ones work best. It's what I do :p

-Vincent