• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
18EEC117-F0A7-44EC-B9E0-1CF639D8688B.jpeg
F7FE1E0E-B96E-48A9-80A2-64469468C5C4.jpeg

Unique portraits is something we really want to do. I was playing with making Tiber in the likeness of Sir Patrick Stewart as seen in the pic attached. Another experiment was the fan favorite dunmer mage and the first of his creations. But there is some code we have to figure out before we can make this happen.

View attachment 443949 View attachment 443950

Unique portraits is something we really want to do. I was playing with making Tiber in the likeness of Sir Patrick Stewart as seen in the pic attached. Another experiment was the fan favorite dunmer mage and the first of his creations. But there is some code we have to figure out before we can make this happen.

Lol, the Septim dynasty is made up of Patrick Stewart look-alikes. The portrait reminds me of a bug I had on my second playthrough of Oblivion (xbox edition) where Emperor Uriel Septim's hair glitched out of existence and the Emperor very much looked like his voice actor Patrick Stewart. Was a hilarious tutorial experience to say the least.

View attachment 443949 View attachment 443950

Ha! The Tiber Septim/Patrick Stewart looks great. Hopefully more unique portraits can be implemented -- CK2 is not really that helpful in that regard because it only seems to allow for a single unique portrait, but hopefully something can be worked out.

It would definitely be awesome to see more unique lore cultural portraits as well. The humans have really good vanilla approximations right now but I'd love to see them get some Elder Scrolls-style attire at some point.

What gives you that impression? Plenty of mods have multiple unique portraits.

Muhammad is the only unique static portrait the game currently supports, unless you create a separate graphical culture for each static portrait.

Otherwise you can achieve unique portraits through DNA, of course.

could you use the unique crown thing or something like it.
If they have artifact wear this crown in portrait replaced with has this flag, wears this hat, only the hat is a picture of tiber septim and it covers the whole other portrait?

This is a wild guess in the dark as I havent even glanced at how portraits work in this game for years.

Muhammad is the only unique static portrait the game currently supports, unless you create a separate graphical culture for each static portrait.

Otherwise you can achieve unique portraits through DNA, of course.

I've seen mods add unique static portraits through the use of traits, can even make the traits hidden if you want.

Yes, through traits is one solution. Unique portraits is something I want to make for the more prominent characters in lore. The more unique the character, greater the chance of a unique portrait. If you have any ideas for such characters and how they might be depicted, feel free to let me know in the discord.

Harelip, blindness etc layers, many of which were added in HF will most likely be used for stacking in these unique portraits.

The chance of human races getting custom clothing, headgear is way at the bottom of my to do list as of this moment.

I've seen mods add unique static portraits through the use of traits, can even make the traits hidden if you want.
Elder Kings uses unique static portraits already for the Daedric Princes and ALMSIVI thanks to Saffron ;)

Oh, traits! Of course, I didn’t think about that route. Whoops.

Yes, through traits is one solution. Unique portraits is something I want to make for the more prominent characters in lore. The more unique the character, greater the chance of a unique portrait. If you have any ideas for such characters and how they might be depicted, feel free to let me know in the discord.

Harelip, blindness etc layers, many of which were added in HF will most likely be used for stacking in these unique portraits.

The chance of human races getting custom clothing, headgear is way at the bottom of my to do list as of this moment.

You make them graphic culture, not specific cultures and you add them in place with the same culture it otherwise would had been.

Example:

graphic_culture = patrick_stewart
culture = heartlander

Simple enough, right?

All the Mer are getting a redesign, more a resolution upscaling and retouch of the details. They are also getting their Headgear and Clothing sets. The main Mer races will be implemented first and then the rest in order of importance. The Dwemer will be implemented at that point of time.

Hello. Can you show us some of the creations related to Mer please? :)

Hello! I have always been interested in one question, but will there be a cultural clothing for each race?

By cultural clothing, do you mean breton clothing, nord clothing? Human clothing is something which is at the bottom of my to-do list.

Some Merchant Republic clothing was done but it is difficult to fit it to all the different species.