• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Anthology of Crusader Kings AARs - open ended poll

• The Adventures of the Crovan Clan (Alfred Packer‎)

Votes: 21 35,0%
  • Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau (anonymous4401‎)

Votes: 8 13,3%
  • The Morea, a Palaeologid AAR (crusaderknight‎)

Votes: 5 8,3%
  • If You Can't Do It, Nubia Can! A (hopefully) comedic AAR (Eron12‎)

Votes: 2 3,3%
  • There Will Be War - In The Balance (fasquardon‎)

Votes: 2 3,3%
  • The Machiavellian Adventures of Princess Eleanor (frogbeastegg‎)

Votes: 15 25,0%
  • Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR (General_BT‎)

Votes: 27 45,0%
  • Suenik the Beleaguered - a None Too Serious AAR (Iain Wilson‎)

Votes: 13 21,7%
  • The Beautiful Girl and the History Class (Jestor‎)

Votes: 11 18,3%
  • Children of the Fatherland: MP conversion game (King of Men‎)

Votes: 6 10,0%
  • Collage of CAARdinals: An interactive history of the Papal States (Llywelyn‎)

Votes: 5 8,3%
  • Homelands: Tales of the Anglo-Prussians (Mr. Capiatlist‎)

Votes: 15 25,0%
  • Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales) (phargle‎)

Votes: 24 40,0%
  • Furor Normannicus (The_Guiscard‎)

Votes: 8 13,3%
  • History of the White Eagle - Poland Megacampaign AAR (thrashing mad‎)

Votes: 18 30,0%

• Total voters
This truly must be the golden age for many as this poll has gained more votes in one month than HoI1 or Vickie got for the entirety of their run. Still lagging behind EUII however. ;) Keep it up as there is plenty more time to look at these works. And please do offer other AARs you loved but are not listed. As stated, this should be a good repository for recommendations should someone stumble upon it later.

And Renss, as I recall eggy actually finished Eleanor and only tacked on a sequel of sorts in the same thread. I wished she would have started an actual second AAR for that as it likely cost her a Gold Chalice win. It was THAT good!

Speaking of that, Avindian has started the year end awards for 2014 so if you need more to vote on, head on over! :)

I still remember that 2008 Chalice. Phargle, Alfred Packer, and I's AARs listed here were all in it. RGB's A Year's Education actually took the Silver Chalice that year, so it should probably be included as well. It set a record at the time (not sure if it's been broken) of 100 votes exactly, and was one of the strongest crops ever.

Great to see votes still coming in here. The forum switch seems to have had no effect on the poll and as permissions and links are fixed, it seems those from this thread are working above. Please let me know if you find any that are not and I will fix them. (The Vickie and HoI2 Anthologies seem fine as well, but I am going to need to fix those for the EU2 and HoI Anthologies.)

Keep at it, folks and please don't feel shy about adding your own favorites not listed above that might be considered exemplars of the CK original brand for future posterity.

Holy cow. I remember these AARs being active when I was still fairly new to the forums. I still recall Jestor's and frogbeastegg's writing as some of the best fiction I've ever read, period -- and, of course, the memory of Knud Knytling and his dysfunctional descendants still makes me chuckle.