• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@ Alisasing: Yeah, that will not be terribly easy.

Well folks, I have to report with some embarrassment that my save game was not in fact in AAR but rather just the vanilla game. This just means that new updates will be somewhat delayed and some of the previous updates might need to be revised. The plans which I have set down remain the provisional plans but that may change depending on how the new game shapes up. It also means that my update on the state of the world, which was the one that I have been writing, will be severely delayed.

That's unfortunate.

On the topic of Gallipoli, I can just imagine the movie for your battle plan:

"Gallipoli 2: When In Doubt, Send In The Americans"

:rofl:

Better that than "Gallipoli 2: Electric Boogaloo"

I'm really enjoying this AAR, so I'm handing over the WritAAR of the Week award to you. See the thread here and the post here. I hope this encourages you to keep going with this AAR. After all, I don't think many can say they got an award before their thread was even ten days old.

@Everyone: I'm in the midst of moving so there may be a further delay in updates, nevertheless I shall see this thing through.

I am very greatful for all the support and will give specific responses and maybe even a new update tonight.

Subscribed and looking forward to the next update. This is fun so far, I look forward to seeing a year of America for every state (almost). ;)

Well folks, I have to report with some embarrassment that my save game was not in fact in AAR but rather just the vanilla game. This just means that new updates will be somewhat delayed and some of the previous updates might need to be revised. The plans which I have set down remain the provisional plans but that may change depending on how the new game shapes up. It also means that my update on the state of the world, which was the one that I have been writing, will be severely delayed.
Maybe I'm a little late to say this but... you can load the events of AAR in your old save if you edit it. You would need to look for something like event = "db\events\hoi2.txt" into your save. In that line, and in no particular order, you can add the other files that you want load. In this case, just copy all what it's in the files "aar-events-history.txt" and "aar-events.txt" except for the lines with # in them. Then, move the save to the folder in AAR. That should work.

Maybe I'm a little late to say this but... you can load the events of AAR in your old save if you edit it. You would need to look for something like event = "db\events\hoi2.txt" into your save. In that line, and in no particular order, you can add the other files that you want load. In this case, just copy all what it's in the files "aar-events-history.txt" and "aar-events.txt" except for the lines with # in them. Then, move the save to the folder in AAR. That should work.

Seriously? I'll do that then.

There is a important thing that I forget to mention if you do that. The "event = x" can't be repeated or it will be troubles (And I forget that AAR also load the vanilla files). It will be safer if you simply replace the hole thing with this:
event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-Limit-status-monitor.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-ALL-Reparations.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-ALL-Disarmament.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-ALL-Great Depression.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-ALL-League of Nations.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-ALL-Treaty States.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-ALL-Naval Treaties.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-ALL-Interwar Setup.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-AUS-Austria.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-CZE-Czechoslovakia.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-ENG-England.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-FRA-France.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-GER-Germany.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-U08-Germany.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-GRE-Greece.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-HUN-Hungary.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-IRE-Ireland.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-ITA-Italy.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-Middle-East.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-OTT-Ottoman Empire.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-POL-Poland.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-ROM-Romania.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-SOV-Soviet Union.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-SPx-Spain.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-TUR-Turkey.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-USA-United States.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-YUG-Yugoslavia-Serbia.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\russian civil war\AAR-ALL-Russian Civil War.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-CCIP\AAR-CHI-CCIP.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-CCIP\AAR-JAP-Japan.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-CCIP\AAR-TIB.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-CCIP\AAR-CHI-AI.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AAR-ALL-Alternative-CP.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\elections\AAR-ENG-Elections.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\elections\AAR-FRA-Elections.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\elections\AAR-USA-Elections.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\elections\AAR-U08-Minister-Changes.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AI\AAR-AI-interwar-ALL.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AI\AAR-AI-interwar-CZE.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AI\AAR-AI-interwar-GER.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AI\AAR-AI-interwar-ITA.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AI\AAR-AI-interwar-JAP.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\AI\AAR-AI-interwar-YUG-SER.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\1914_AI\AI_GER_1914.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\1914_AI\AI_RUS_1914.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\1914\peace_negociations.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\1914\OTT - Ottoman.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\1914\U08 - GermanEmpire.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\1914\USA - USA.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\1914\POL - Poland.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\1914\FRA - France.txt" event = "db\events\aar-events\1914\GRE - GREECE.txt" event = "db\events\1914\ALB - Albania.txt" event = "db\events\1914\BUL - Bulgaria.txt" event = "db\events\1914\ENG - UnitedKingdom.txt" event = "db\events\1914\ITA - Italy.txt" event = "db\events\1914\JAP - Japan.txt" event = "db\events\1914\MEX - Mexico.txt" event = "db\events\1914\ROM - Romania.txt" event = "db\events\1914\RUS - Russia.txt" event = "db\events\1914\SER - Serbia.txt" event = "db\events\1914\SOV - Bolsheviks.txt" event = "db\events\1914\U09 - AustriaHungary.txt" event = "db\events\1914\U50 - Hedjaz.txt" event = "db\events\1914\U57 U58 U59 - RevMex.txt" event = "db\events\1914\GenericEvents.txt" event = "db\events\1914\White_Russias.txt" event = "db\events\1914_AI\AI_U09_1914.txt" event = "db\events\1914_AI\AI_FRA_1914.txt" event = "db\events\1914_AI\AI_ENG_1914.txt" event = "db\events\1914_AI\AI_SOV_1914.txt" event = "db\events\1914_AI\AI_OTT_1914.txt" event = "db\events\1914_AI\AI_BUL_1914.txt" event = "db\events\1914_AI\AI_ROM_1914.txt" event = "db\events\1914_AI\AI_AST_1914.txt" event = "db\events\1914_AI\AI_JAP_1914.txt" event = "db\events\1914_AI\AI_NZL_1914.txt" event = "db\events\1914_AI\AI_ITA_1914.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_GER.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_Other.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_CHI.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_ENG.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_SOV.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_FRA.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_USA.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_ITA.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_JAP.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_sov_spheres.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_ROM.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_FIN.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_HUN.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_TUR.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_SPA.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_SPR.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_SWE.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_YUG.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_BUL.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_MEX.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_BRA.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_HON.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_NIC.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_SAL.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_GUA.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_COS.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_PAN.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_DOM.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_HAI.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_NEP.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_TAN.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_URU.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_IRE.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_LIB.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_COL.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_CUB.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_ECU.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_SAU.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_SCH.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_VEN.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_ARG.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_CHL.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_CGX.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_CYN.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_CXB.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_SIK.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_CHC.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_CSX.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_CAN.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_AST.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_NZL.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_SAF.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_MAN.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_SIA.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_BOL.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_PER.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_POL.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_MON.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_HOL.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_BEL.txt" event = "db\events\bulgaria.txt" event = "db\events\china.txt" event = "db\events\coups_events.txt" event = "db\events\death_events.txt" event = "db\events\election_events.txt" event = "db\events\france.txt" event = "db\events\generic_decisions.txt" event = "db\events\germany.txt" event = "db\events\hoi2.txt" event = "db\events\hungary.txt" event = "db\events\italy.txt" event = "db\events\japan.txt" event = "db\events\Lend_Lease.txt" event = "db\events\romania.txt" event = "db\events\secret_weapon_events.txt" event = "db\events\spain.txt" event = "db\events\UK.txt" event = "db\events\USA.txt" event = "db\events\USSR.txt" event = "db\events\Mobilization.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_ministers.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_sliders.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_minorshutinvasion.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_revolters.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_mobi.txt" event = "db\events\AI\AI_research.txt"
That's from a save with the AAR mod. Apart for a possible problem with the country descriptions in the load menu, everything should work as intended.

There is a important thing that I forget to mention if you do that. The "event = x" can't be repeated or it will be troubles (And I forget that AAR also load the vanilla files). It will be safer if you simply replace the hole thing with this:

That's from a save with the AAR mod. Apart for a possible problem with the country descriptions in the load menu, everything should work as intended.

Where would I put that in my file?

Alright everyone, I'm pleased to report that everything has gone swimmingly and the AAR events will now occur in-game.

@ Pottman: :p
@ Purfa: Nice, very metal.
@ Werewhale: Wow, I am completely and utterly blown away and flattered. Thank you so much!
@ Nikolai: Thanks!
@ Saithis: I'm hoping that it'll remain fun for everybody except the Ottomans and Germans

The State of the World, January Fifth​

WesternFrontJanuary5th1917.png

As Wilson and his confidantes were plotting their entry into the Great War, the conflict which would later be called World War One continued to rage across the globe. In the West, the German army had remained stalled in Belgium and France, in fact, German armies had been pushed out of Mons and her environs, but in the South the German armies maintained a salient centered on Belfort which continued to menace Provence. A report from Colonel House based on the conditions of January Fifth reached Wilson's desk on the seventh, House concluded that a major shift in the West was unlikely until 1918, when the Russians would likely be out of the picture. Once the Russians fell, the German troops would likely push the Anglo-French and token Belgian forces out of Belgium and perhaps as far as Calais. This was of course projecting no American involvement, which was by this point an impossibility,but it further reinforced Wilson's decision not to commit the bulk of American forces to the Western Front.

PalestinianFrontJanuary5th1917.png

In Palestine, the British had managed to occupy the Holy Land in a little under three years, the effort had failed to produce any visible breakthrough in what was supposedly an easy and secondary front. This was, according to House, an indication that the Ottomans had committed all of their forces to the Palestinian Campaign and that the Mesopotamian Front and the Gallipoli area would be free of large formations.

ItalianFrontJanuary5th1917.png

In Italy, the lines had barely shifted since the Italians entered the war. In the opening weeks of the war, the Italians had captured the area around Capodistria, encircling the city of Trieste, which had now withstood over as year of the Italian seige. The Austrians had made minimal progress, capturing the area around the town of Belluno. The basically static nature of the war in Italy and the high cost in human life of the repeated Italian assaults on Trieste led House to predict that the lines would remain static barring some major catastrophe for either side. House's conclusion was that the best outcome which might be expected from the Italian Campaign was that large numbers of Austrian and German troops might be tied up by the constant Italian assaults.

EasternFrontJanuary5th1917-1.png

House's report was much more bleak when discussing the Eastern Front, Kerensky's government was on the ropes and open mutinies and desertions were epidemic. Moreover, the Germans had created a massive pocket in Lithuania and threatened to conquer the Baltic States wholesale, possibly even threatening Saint Petersburg. Meanwhile the Austrians had reached Kiev in the Ukraine and were closing in on the Don and the fortress city of Tsaritsyn beyond. The entire country was in chaos and the army was in no condition to stop the invaders, in the far north, the Finns had finally struck a blow for their independence and were hiding in the woods bedeviling Russian commanders sent to pacify the region. House's conclusion was that the best hope for the allies was that the Central Powers would be delayed by partisans and the sheer vastness of Russia for long enough for the American to open another front in the Balkans and deliver a coup de grâce to the Ottomans.

I know that this was a lame update, there won't be any military action of note until June, but I hope to have more political intrigue and global coverage in the meantime.

Next you'll be telling us about the riveting developments in Africa and the Pacific.

I see an extra province in Belgian yellow!