• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Capibara

Werewolf Huēyi Tlahtoāni
93 Badges
Mar 28, 2007
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Well, after finishing a successfull AAR with Morea, I have decided to start a new AAR, but with a different concept, not just conquer lots of provinces and survive until the end. This will be different. In this AAR, my goal will be to own every single island in the world, not matter at what cost, but first, I need a country, so I would like you to vote to select this country, it must be a country that's and island itself or starts in an island and it musn't be in a difficult start situation, for example The Knights, Corfu, and Irish minor, etc, I need a stronger country, because the goal will take long time, so feel free and start voting, first one to get three votes wins.

Voting closed, Brunei wins, so I'll be trying to achieve the goal with them.

Last edited:
England is probably too strong... I would say Japan. Japan has a good enough starting income and position, and if you take Deus Vult you can take over all of Indonesia and SE Asia in a few decades. Not to mention the rest of the world with the free CB. It would still be hard to manage getting enough colonists to get all the islands, so I think Japan wouldnt be TOO easy.

EDIT: To clarify, my pick is England, and if they are too easy, Japan.

You could try Ryukyu, they start as Pagen, and 1 Island Province, so you could try to expand them and colonise as a goal and try to occupie 1 euro province to get Westernisation event and then get a chance to change religion eventualy :D

Cyprus maybe? or Ireland...

Oohhh , Island AAR ; always fun ! I'll be keeping tabs whatever you decide . I personally would have chosen something like Ryukyu or Sulu but people have done those already .

I'm afraid you're stuck with Brunei since this is the third vote for them. :D It will be a challenge to put it mildly but I think you can do it. ;) Still if you want to try some other island please do.

Joe

If you don't mind starting with quite a few mainland provinces Aragon might work well. They start with Sicily, a pretty decent island, and Corsica as well. You could sell off your mainland provinces to Castille/France and start going after all the OPMs in the Mediterranean.

Japan!