• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is too easy... it's a trap. That note was probably placed by the Aliens to lure us into a false sense of security.

This alien skull.....Looks like a ..... OH GOD!

I tried everything....but the lag is still there and it gets worse and worse everytime. It's terrible to wait 2 minutes to wait for a day [in game] to pass. This is..unplayable.
I'm sorry to announce that with the ocasion of my birthday ..I ran out of ideas. Without in-game photos this AAR is ..dead..even if I'll try somehow to continue it, with just narrative and trying to simulate the situations of the game...it will not be the same as before.. :(
At least, only at this I can think before I can switch to the mod I modified to look like the Sirus planet.
What do you think? Should I continue it by narrative way and trying make some photos with paint, which will show the situation of the world ... ?

Hmm, this are bad news. If you want, continue with paint photos, i´m of course going to read this AAR further, your writing style is very good. :)
Happy Birthday BTW. :)

It would be a shame to give up completely.

If you want to continue you can :
Try to delete all your allies units so they don't drag the game down.
Reduce movement speed and/or range of some units so they use less cpu to calculate their moves.
Temporarily delete some Sirussian units until you come into their central areas.
Ask the modders where the problem might be, I'm not that familiar with this combo.

Chapter XI:
The Revolutionary Weapon

0000013946-SciFi-Gun-LA1.jpg

The Papyrus found in Africa was really taken in serious by the American Governament. All of the scientist across America joined together to create a new weapon, a weapon which could bring the final victory. The Climate Gun. A gun which will not fire bullets, but gas, a gas which will not affect the humans, but the aliens. This weapon is designed for trench fighting. A style of battle now know by all of the nowadays humans. The trench warfare was used mostly in WW1 (1914) .. while now the year is 2250. The trench warfare dissapeared almost completely after the Operation Doomsday.
Now, the only way to make the Climate Gun useful in battle is to force the Sirussian forces to dig in into a massive battlefront which will be 'gased' with Central-African air which should destroy huge armies in a single battle and assure victory.

In just 3 months, South and Central Africa was secured by the American forces and now we are marching to North Africa which probably we will first time meet our enemies after the victory in New York.
But meanwhile, the Climate Gun was ready for testing, a testing which ended perfectly. The bad thing is that it couldn't have been tested on a Sirussian as there were no prisoners taken from New York. Everyone is trusting the so called "Last survivor of Africa" and his papyrus. Now USA is producing huge numbers of Climate Guns. The nuclear bombs are again producing and the air forces are in a complete reorganisation.
Everything is looking good for the first encounter with the aliens, which will most likely be in North Africa.

xc214.jpg

The First Clash

tumblr_mo647qxObQ1r8ybi3o1_500.jpg

Still, without fighting, Americans liberated the wastelands of Africa to Sahara. No human was found during the liberation.
By the reaching of Sahara, everyone was glad that they didn't had to fight in Africa with the Aliens .. but the exhausting was crushing. The German commanders forced the troops go faster. It is still thought that the Sirussians don't know anything about the landings. This could be a big suprise for them if they really don't know .. or a really big problem for us if they know. Almost all of the American army is in Africa, while the rest of it are in California, preparing for the liberation of the Pacific.
There are only few divisions in the Eastern part of USA. Mostly new recruited or reserve divisions from the South American allies.
Now, only the big desert Sahara stands before the humans and the aliens.
1hp7rd.jpg

Crossing the Sahara was indeed a hard task, but after it .. still no Aliens, or humans. Half of the troops were sent to Algeria and Tunis, while the other half to Egypt and Lybia.
Nothing was found in Algeria, Tunis and Lybia. The big surprise came in Egypt.
The American troops intercepted resistance in some little villages, for the first time from the landing in Africa.
There wasn't a really big resistance. They looked more like garrisons. However, a line was created. The US High Command really wanted to see the Climate Gun in action, even if the trench warfare couldn't be started.
A whole Sirussian village was 'gased' with the Central African air. No effects were seen. Absolutely nothing happend. This could be a huge disaster for the American economy and industry who were pushed to the limits with the creation of the Climate Guns.
However, the Sirussian troops are retreating to the sea, while some others are coming from Palestine to reinforce the lines.
2aan72x.jpg

yeah! To the seas! Oh, did you fixed the problem or is this just fantasy?

yeah! To the seas! Oh, did you fixed the problem or is this just fantasy?
I kinda' fixed. I tried to play without Bandicam on and there's a little performance in the lag .. who is making it quite playable (I made some others changes too).
I tried some others softwares for taking pictures but the lag is just coming again. That's strange..
What I play I'm trying to put into paint. I don't wanna make an AAR without pictures. :D
Anyway, I'll try to be fast. Maybe if I will change again to a mod, the lag will dissapear completely and I could get back to the old style. I have prepared the Sirusian Planet world for long enough. :D

I am just wondering how you changed the map - because that IS a lot of work, so I'm kinda confused. Another game entirely?
You mean the Sirus planet? Ha ha :laugh:
You'll see. :p
I don't wanna destroy the surprise.