The AI will never spawn as void dwellers 2.7.2 (60bf)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dsingis

Lt. General
99 Badges
May 8, 2014
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
Hello!

I wanted to play a game where everyone had the void dweller origin and everyone was on habitats.
So I tried it different ways.

1. I created a bunch of custom empires, all with the void dweller origin and set the game to force them to spawn. I tried this 4 times, and used the survey and contact console commands to see if it worked.
It didn't. Everyone was spawning on planets.

2. I went and created a mod with the only thing being to remove all origins expect the void dweller origin and allow it for all empires, so every empire would spawn as void dwellers.
It didn't work neither. Used survey and contact console commands again, every empire spawned on normal planets.

I didn't use any mods (expect that one I created for testing purposes in my second try). In case that it is in any way important, I set the habitable planets to 0.25x and guaranteed habitable planets to zero.

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the report. Just to confirm, were you also playing as a Void Dweller empire? If so, the AI would have been blocked from using the origin due to the
max_once_global = yes clause on line 283 of the origins file. You could try making a mod with that line removed from the origin, and it should work, but I'm not sure if there might be any complications.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi, thanks for the report. Just to confirm, were you also playing as a Void Dweller empire? If so, the AI would have been blocked from using the origin due to the
max_once_global = yes clause on line 283 of the origins file. You could try making a mod with that line removed from the origin, and it should work, but I'm not sure if there might be any complications.

Ah, thank you very much for the reply. Yes I was playing a void dweller empire as well. I just tried to set this modifier to "no" and it worked. Everyone was a void dweller now.
I feel very dumb for having overlooked this ^^' But thank you again.

• 2Like
Reactions:
honestly the preventing the ai from playing void dweller would be a good thing. it simply can't handle it.