The AI seems to vastly prefer sieging your unfortified provinces over defending their own country, and it's obnoxious to deal with

The AI seems to vastly prefer sieging your unfortified provinces over defending their own country, and it's obnoxious to deal with

• We will be taking the forums down for scheduled maintenance on 12 August 2020 at approximately 3PM CDT (8PM UTC / 10PM CEST), this downtime is currently estimated to last around 1 hour.
  • Pre order now!

Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made! Crusader Kings III is soon upon us and you can pre order it today!

Releasing September 1st 2020

Runite Drill

Ideas Guy
46 Badges
Jan 15, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
Maybe you don't need to go that far, just reprogram the AI to always try (at least a little) defending their territories, and give a 5% defending bonus on core territory or 10% but just for fortified provinces to reward them for doing so (numbers are completely random and arbitrary).
Hmm interesting idea. Say like a 5% morale bonus for defending in own territory.
I might try whirl it into a mod and see how it goes.

I imagine it would incentivise staying and defending your land just a little bit more. And then also you'd have to be more cautious if you wanted to go on the offensive.

Also, I wonder if tying morale to war enthusiasm would help wars end faster?

Last edited: