• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
idealist said:
EDIT: Hardstuff, interesting enough for me to sign you in?

Hmm, I'm thinking a lot about it... the problem is I'm going away tomorrow, so it will be a rushed descision :(

But I will keep thinking about it, and maybe later on tonight I will give a reply (hopefully i wont forget! :p )

3 Minutes later
Edit: Ahh sure why the hell not? You might as well sign me up :D.

(Unfortunatly I can't come up with a song... :( - or at least a good one... :p )

Does the ahistoric association support my tireless efforts to preach the virtues of a larger and longer time spanning tech tree? I crusade for a tech tree that is larger than the one in HOI1, that keeps all techs that were included in HOI1(including nuclear propelled warships, missile launching subs, etc.), and that streches the max year of possible techs researchable to things that were available in 1965. People shouldn't have to be straightjacketed to 1936-1948 technology, they should be free to prioritize projects in a tech tree so large they could never hope to research every tech available!

If you support all of these important issues, then I would be proud to call myself a member of the ahistoric association. :D

PriestOfDiscord said:
Does the ahistoric association support my tireless efforts to preach the virtues of a larger and longer time spanning tech tree? I crusade for a tech tree that is larger than the one in HOI1, that keeps all techs that were included in HOI1(including nuclear propelled warships, missile launching subs, etc.), and that streches the max year of possible techs researchable to things that were available in 1965. People shouldn't have to be straightjacketed to 1936-1948 technology, they should be free to prioritize projects in a tech tree so large they could never hope to research every tech available!

If you support all of these important issues, then I would be proud to call myself a member of the ahistoric association. :D
I agree with that ... a tech tree that u can never hope to research fully will make the research decisions more vital ... ull need to think in the long run and in the strategy ur going to adopt.

My contribution to the ahistorical society

Acording to GURPS Alternate Earths Reich 5 (Quantum 3, present day 1995), the III Reich (with its Japanese and fascist American Allies) controls the world. The parallel diverged with the assassination of Franklin Roosevelt in 1933, and the return of the US to isolationism. America sank in the depression, Hitler and the Japan destroyed the Western Allies. This lead to the winning of the American Union Party of William Dudley Pelly in 1944.
German troops and atomic bombs crushed the American resistance, and the Welt Axis was established in 1961. No Nazis race into space, Americans develop computers to track their population and Japan explores genetic engenerring.

Other Reichs
Reich 1: (present day 1951) diverged with the destruction of the BEF at Dunkirk. Germany and the US (defeaters of Japan) are now fightinf World War III, having their active atomic research programs.

Reich 2: (present day 1954) Germany made separate peace with Lord Halifax's british government in 1940 and bogged down in Russia util the 1943 Armistice. The US, Japan, Russia, Germany and Britain are rival nuclear powers racing to put missiles on the Moon.

Reich 3: (present day 1970) The Japanese attack Vladivostock instead Pearl Harbour. Without nukes, US restricts itself to "Fortress America", including México and Canada, as Axis prepares for the overwhelming victory

Reich 4: (present day 1988) Leningrad and Stalingrad were captured in 1941. Germany and japan developed atomic weapons in 1945, conquering the US in the 1950's. In 1979, the two superpowers fought a global thermonuclear war, and while germany was victorious, it is still trying to impose order on the smoldering rubble of the world

You... You... HERETICS! ;)

Why don't you just make own Fantasy HoI2 mod. I'm looking HoI2 to be quite realistic game about WW2. I said quite realistic, because we all know it is not very realistic after all. I hope HoI2 is not like Crusader Kings, where start was historic and unhistoric events started and after 100 years whole Europe was very different. In most cases let's say 70-90% events should be historical. But that just how I think, everyone have freedom of speech. :)

Gunnl said:
Why would u want a 100% Historic game ? ... U already know the ending ... :|

I can change history of course. :) But if every AI nation is doing unhistoric decisions, soon whole world is very different place. If just 10% decisions are not historical, still there will be different ending. There are literally thousands of events (battles, building decisions among real events) so you will never know the end even if Ai will mostly do historic decisions.

idealist said:
You are now included.... :)

Now about the monthly fee........... :D

Agh!!... :wacko:

*pulls out a wad of cash*
Is €130 ok? :p

Oh.... better do that signature thing now that I'm back...

idealist said:
To recap:

-We oppose force-history.

That includes:

1.County AIs that do something because of:

a) The date. (USSR begins buidling infantry in 1940.)
b) The TAG of another country. (Forced US-Spain war in Vic, anyone?)

2.Events that do something because of the TAG of a country:

a)It makes no sense getting SS troops from Odessa as a democratic Germany attacking the rebellious nation of Ukraine that revolted from a Fascist USSR. (Just to make an example how different it could be...)

Random events = good.
The tech tree without laser pistols, etc. = good.

Forced history events = bad.
Forced history AIs = bad.
Forced history hidden tech tables = bad.
Hidden forced history bonuses/maluses = bad. (Colonization bonus for Portugal and Spain in EUII v.1.0, anyone?)

The ideal situation for us is that we start HOI2, choose "historic events" OFF. Start the game, and be free, within the limitations of the techtree.

This way we can end the game in 1947 seeing almost any outcome that is possible mathematically. (Estonia could have not gone a WC alone.)

The ultimate goal is to have a "free ride" game mode, so to speak. The ultimate simulation.

Agree! (Except maybe that thing about ending the game in 1947...)

I want in, as long as the entry fee is not too steep :)

What has this to do with HoI2???

Von Mannerheim said:
What has this to do with HoI2???

It's an organisation that protests about everything being determined in HoI2.

Status
Not open for further replies.