• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(5822)

Moved on
Sep 20, 2001
These are the recommended guidelines and design philosophies of the AGC project:
  • Event philosophy: click here (for design of critical events, click here)
  • Fantasy events, texts: click here
  • Fantasy mods (AGC compatible): click here
  • AI aggression level: coward
  • Definition of a valid country: click here
  • Province ownership: based on ownership of the city (unless compelling reasons say otherwise)
  • Province trade good: based on the dominant export 1419-1820
  • Province growth penalties: click here (applies only after 1.06 is out)
  • Centers of Trade: click here
  • Cultures: ongoing discussion

Last edited:
Some comments:

1)Province ownership: based on ownership of the city

I'm not sure if its right approach. We have provinces with many cities (which we can change anyway), we have provinces where rural area was thing that mattered. we even have provinces without cities to speak of. Its too rigid approach, IMO, and can lead to bad situations.

For example, judging ownership of Samara province, when the city of Samara isn't even in that province:D

2)Province trade good: based on the dominant export 1419-1820

I'm not sure, but i sense some problems here. Can't verbalize what, yet.

On cities, I agree with the guideline being more of a rule in "civilized" areas and less of a rule in, say, areas such as the Golden Horde.

How should it be phrased, in your opinion?

Originally posted by Onslaught
On cities, I agree with the guideline being more of a rule in "civilized" areas and less of a rule in, say, areas such as the Golden Horde.

How should it be phrased, in your opinion?
Now, you got me there:D

I can't think of anything simple... things like "based on whoever owned majority of the most important things in province" are clumsy...

Frankly I think DarthMaur's pseudo-explanation ;) is right on the nose. When a team can agree that, while the city itself is owned by country X but all the land and other major cities were owned by Y, that the prov should go to Y I think we should respect that. I think any rigid guideline to be imposed over the entire world is bit limiting. The province should go to whoever should get the province. ;) ;)

I agree IF there are other major cities in the province (like Macedonia, Thessalonica isn't the only big city in the province) but if 95% of the province is owned by someone and ONLY the city is owned by someone else, but it's the only city in the province (Derbent anyone? ;)) it goes to the guy with the city.

I think who control the city in the Province should control all the Province.
Only if some body have "problems" with that, we may have a weathy;) discusson

Added today: a link to the thread clarifying how (fantasy) AGC-compatible mods are handled.

Originally posted by Onslaught
Added today: a link to the thread clarifying how (fantasy) AGC-compatible mods are handled.

bad LINK BAD KINK BAD LINK