• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

andyp1407

Dany event chain writer
33 Badges
Jan 30, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • War of the Roses
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
Hey well I finally got round to it, I'm copying my work over from the Citadel to here(applause). This took far too long in hindsight but better late than never! This is the GOLD EDITION(dun dun dun) so that means more chapters, slightly better writing and you all need to pay me an extra 5 quid to read it. THAT'S A JOKE!

tAoHP was an AAR I ran over May/June/July last year and sort of started again in September(Sort of being not really accurate, I made two new chapters, but RL stuff got in the way, but I digress) Here are books 1 and 2 in their complete glory(being not that much)

Book 1- Waves and Sand

Prologue - http://http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829300-The-Adventures-of-House-Paterson-A-Game-of-Thrones-mod-AAR&p=18694569&viewfull=1#post18694569
Chapter 1 - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829300-The-Adventures-of-House-Paterson-A-Game-of-Thrones-mod-AAR&p=18694820&viewfull=1#post18694820
Chapter 2 - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829300-The-Adventures-of-House-Paterson-A-Game-of-Thrones-mod-AAR&p=18695527&viewfull=1#post18695527
Chapter 3 - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829300-The-Adventures-of-House-Paterson-A-Game-of-Thrones-mod-AAR&p=18699637&viewfull=1#post18699637
Chapter 4 - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829300-The-Adventures-of-House-Paterson-A-Game-of-Thrones-mod-AAR&p=18701777&viewfull=1#post18701777
Chapter 5 - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829300-The-Adventures-of-House-Paterson-A-Game-of-Thrones-mod-AAR&p=18704332&viewfull=1#post18704332
Chapter 6 - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829300-The-Adventures-of-House-Paterson-A-Game-of-Thrones-mod-AAR&p=18706325&viewfull=1#post18706325
Chapter 7 - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829300-The-Adventures-of-House-Paterson-A-Game-of-Thrones-mod-AAR&p=18706356&viewfull=1#post18706356
Chapter 8 - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829300-The-Adventures-of-House-Paterson-A-Game-of-Thrones-mod-AAR&p=18706394&viewfull=1#post18706394
Chapter 9 - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829300-The-Adventures-of-House-Paterson-A-Game-of-Thrones-mod-AAR&p=18706530&viewfull=1#post18706530
Chapter 10 - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829300-The-Adventures-of-House-Paterson-A-Game-of-Thrones-mod-AAR&p=18707179&viewfull=1#post18707179
Chapter 11 - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?829300-The-Adventures-of-House-Paterson-A-Game-of-Thrones-mod-AAR&p=18709640&viewfull=1#post18709640
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Book 2 - A Realm Divided

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Hope you like it!

End of an Era will be ported over too, not Road to Recovery, because that's Football Manager and although its fun, here's not the place!

Last edited:
Prologue -

It had been a week since Neil had left Ironoaks, with only a dagger, horse and bag of Silver Stags. Neil was out to make his mark on the world, inspired by the tales of glory and honour won by the soldiers who had fought during Aegon's conquest the year before. Thomas, Neil's father, was a knight serving in the Ironoaks garrison. He had taught Neil from a young age that his intellect inherited from his mother should be used before the blade in which he would teach him. Neil had thought long and hard about leaving, but decided that the only way he would earn glory was to go out and find some. Neil's journey was largely uneventful, and when he arrived at Gulltown was incredibly tired. He bought a night in the local inn, "No whoring tonight," he thought, "I have a busy day tomorrow."

It was late morning when Neil woke, he quickly got dressed and headed down to the dockyard. The world was hanging on a knife's edge, after Aegon's victory the entire world was scared. five thousand men conquered entire kingdoms. An effect of this was that sellswords and indeed traders had lots of work to choose from. There were recruiters from the Reach promising good pay and a set of freshly made weaponry and armour on arrival, men from Dorne promising their daughters as well as a years pay in advance to reinforce their armies. Before deciding on any Neil went to the local blacksmith from which Neil bought a steel sword. Now he was ready to take on the world.

Last edited:
Chapter 1-

Neil spotted a well to do man at the edge of the dock and walked over to him.

"Before you ask, no I cannot offer you all the money in the land for working for me, so piss off!"

Neil taken aback by the man's sudden outburst asked, "What can you pay me and what do you want me to do?"

"I need a guard to help defend me from pirates on my journey to Braavos, I already have five guards on the boat, but with this cargo I need more men."

"How much?" Neil asked

"Five silver stags upon arrival, and five when we go to Kings Landing."

"Very well, what did you say your name was?"

"Captain Lothar Wytt, at your service."

"Captain Wytt, if you ever tell me to piss off again, I'll take over this ship and throw you overboard."

With that Neil walked away, he knew men like that, he does not have the money to pay his guards, one way or another however Neil would get his money.

Last edited:
Chapter 2 -

Neil sat down next to Branden Bridgewater, the other guard who had the day shift with him. Neil had come to enjoy his company over the journey towards Braavos.

"I can't wait till we arrive in Braavos." Branden said, "My wife has just had a newborn son, so I have been working in Westeros, to earn enough to afford him a good education."

"That's great, i'm sure you'll be a wonderful father" It hurt Neil to say this because, if there was a mutiny Branden could be killed during the fight, or could end up having his money stolen his time wasted.

Neil waited to his shift was over before acting, the two men who were beginning their shifts were, ambitious and ruthless men, the words Neil would utter would make them turn against Wytt instantly.

"Captain, when were you planning to tell the men that you didn't have enough money to pay them?" Both men turned to face Wytt, and drew their weapons.

Branden drew his own blade exclaiming "Put those swords down!"

The both of the guards charged Wytt, and began ferociously slashing at his body. Branden tried to intercept the guards but was knocked aside. Neil drew the blade he had bought from the smith in Gulltown and advanced on Branden. He would try and take Branden alive. Branden looked up at Neil with sadness in his eyes before getting to his feet and charging. Branden's first blows were parried with ease by Neil who then kicked Branden to the ground. Branden a rolled aside and lunged at Neil. Neil was left with no choice he swung his sword through the air and into Branden's side before stabbing him through the chest. Neil turned to find Wytt covered in blood and falling overboard. The two guards turned and introduced themselves, One as Fraser Weirstone, the other as Gerion Ironfist. Both thank Neil and offer that the value of the cargo be split between the three of them, and talk of future business between them.

Last edited:
Chapter 3 -

Neil set course for Braavos before handing the steering over to Gerion and retiring to the late Captain Wytt's quarters. Neil went in and immediately collapsed and began weeping. Branden was the first person that Neil had ever killed and his death had hit Neil hard. For the next few nights Neil was haunted by visions of various people being in Branden's place; his mother, father and brother to name a few. Neil couldn't stop thinking about Branden's family. When the Titan of Braavos was within a mile, Neil sat down with Gerion and Fraser. Neil when not thinling about Branden had thought of this proposition.

"Why don't set up a business together?"

Both Fraser and Gerion eyed each other warily. "What do you mean?" Fraser asked (A.N. (pun alert) about an update a day)

"Well i can handle the business side, Gerion is an able sailor so he delivers the goods and you are a great fighter you can act as our muscle." Neil replied "We can split the money three ways and the one percent left gets re-injected into the business."

"That sounds like a good plan it has to be said, but where does the money to start it up come from? We'll be unlikely to afford premises in Braavos right now but King's Landing is a growing city perhaps there?" Gerion asked

"The money can come from the cargo we sell can be used as start up capital and King's Landing seems a good idea, with the construction going on we can buy lumber and stone and sell it to the Hand of the King."

"You know what? I'm in." Fraser said

"Me too." Gerion added

And thus Paterson and co. trading companies was born selling anything from themselves as sellswords to the red wine of Volantis and the fine armours of Tyrosh.

The boat docked at Ragman's Harbour, and as the customs officers checked the hold, the cargo was revealed to be Myrish lace dresses, golden jewelry from the Westerlands and pumpkins from the Vale of Arryn. Just as the officers left a beautiful young womanwalked up to the boat with a baby in her arms.

"Excuse me Ser, do you know where my husband Branden Bridgewater is?" -The Swords were drawn-

"I am sorry ma,am but..." -The blades clashed"

"But what?" The woman asked quietly -One fighter was knocked to the ground-

"We were at sea when..." Neil continued -The blade came down on the fighter's chest- "There was a mutiny and..." -The fighter head rolled up to reveal Brandon- "NO!" Neil shouted

The woman began weeping and ran away and a few people looked over at Neil for his sudden outburst

Neil travelled around a number of shops selling what he could in the end, Paterson & co. had almost one hundred golden dragons.When finished with their trading the group retired to the local brothel where a merry night of debauchery was had.

The next month they were sailing again after buying as much wood as the boat would hold for their trading in King's Landing

Chapter 4 -

It took two months until the group arrived in Kings Landing.

(Authors Note. I know the Red keep wasn't built until Maegor's Reign but for storytelling purposes just the keep and a wooden palisade has been built.)

Gerion and Fraser began to unload the wood as Neil talked to the overseer.

"One gold dragon per kilogram of wood, two for stone." The overseer said "You've come at a good time, with all the construction, Lord Orys needs all the material he can get. Just speak to the paymaster up in the keep for your money just show him this." The overseer handed him a scroll

"Thank you, do you know of any property for sale near the harbour?" Neil replied

"If you see it, its for sale."

Neil found a large building right on the waterfront, it was three stories tall and had large rooms. The location was perfect as the street of steel was only a few minutes away, so by buying iron and manganese from the Volantene mines and then selling the metals for exobiant rates making huge profits.

Due to the fact that King Aegon wants traders to invest in the city the building was dirt cheap, only fifty gold dragons.

Neil spent the money and told Gerion and Fraser, using the remaining fifty gold dragons that the men had at that moment, they furnished the building with a large desk on the ground floor with several tables where stock would be displayed. More desks were bought for the third floor and which was designated as the offices and the second floor was designated as the storeroom. A booming trade empire was definitely lucrative but Neil wondered if being a soldier for one of the Seven Kingdoms would have brought him more glory, but decided he needed to stick to the path that was chosen for him.

Neil left his friends to furnish the building and went to the local tavern and asked about the rumours. Apparently Queen Rhaenys was swollen with King Aegon's child, and a tourney was being planned to celebrate its birth. Neil wondered to himself whether he should risk entering this tourney? Neil bought himself a whore and retired to his room, but for much sleeping though!

((Are people reading this or is it all for naught? If you are please comment! It not only brings me happiness but encourages me to continue!))

Chapter 5 -

Queen Rhaenys gave birth to a son named Aenys on the tenth of December and King Aegon held a grand tourney in celebration. A jousting list was built and a message was sent out to all of the lords of Westeros. Both Brandon and Lord Torrhen Stark attended, as did Lord Ronnel Arryn the ruler of Neil's home of the Vale. Neil entered himself as great glory and honour can be won at tourneys. Neil spent some of his profit from the business on plate armour and a tabard with his family sigil on it. A black lion wearing a gold crown on a red field. Neil also bought a chestnut horse called Dust.

Neil's first joust was with Ser Mychal Lynderly. Ser Mychal was a fat oaf and an awful fighter, his younger brother Elys his superior in every way.
On the first tilt Ser Mychal fell off of his horse mid charge. He broke his neck, died and Neil won by default.

Neil met Lord Maelys Velaryon, King Aegon's cousin in the second round. Jousting had never been Lord Maelys' forte, he was a better steward than fighter.
Neil charged full pelt at Lord Maelys, Maelys horse shied away when Neil made impact with Lord Maelys so he was catapulted from his steed. Neil was through to the third round.

In the third round the calibre of fighters had increased. Neil's next opponent was Lord Loren Lannister. Lord Loren was a battle hardened soldier, he had fought in the field of fire, however he lacked the raw skill of many of the other competitors including Neil.
Neil started a fraction of a second earlier than Lord Loren, and so Neil was upon him like a bat out of the seven hells. Neil's lance crushed through Lord Loren's guard and put him on the ground firmly.

Heads began to turn as this unheard of man who hadn't even been knighted was now in the quarter final of the tourney. Neil's was now against an equal of skill and of greater of experience, Daeron Velaryon, brother of Maelys and member of the Kingsguard. Neil worried about this one, he could be defeated now.
Daeron took off way before Neil did, but failed to connect a blow. On the second pass Neil took advantage of Daeron's misfortune and caught him right in the middle of the chest. Daeron fell off of his steed and broke his arm. Neil dismounted and took Daeron to a nearby maester named Addam.

The last four of the tourney were Neil, his opponent Ser Jon Badics, Brandon Snow and Edwyle Staedmon.
Neil eyed Ser Jon warily, his sigil of a black stallion rampant on a field of gold with a red chevron was impressive.
Neil charged more aggresivly than he had ever before, Ser Jon did the same. Neil's first blow was easily parried by Ser Jon. Ser Jon reached the end of the list and turned around and began his charge. Ser Jon's lance crashed against Neil's shield but it didn't hurt him. Neil turned and charged again this time his lance struck true and knocked Ser Jon off his horse.

Neil had made it all the way to the final of the tourney, he was guaranteed a medal and a place at the grand feast. He just needed to defeat Brandon Snow, the bastard brother of Lord Torrhen.
In a shock turn of events Neil set off long before Brandon got moving Neil was upon him quickly and took advantage of Brandon's error. Brandon went flying from his horse and slammed into a wall. Brandon's leg was broken by the force of the attack.

King Aegon stood and told everyone to kneel, "What is your name, champion?"

Neil replied, "Neil Paterson, your grace."

"In the name of the Gods and men i now pronounce you Ser Neil the Fortuitous! And in light of your astounding performance I extend to you an invitation to join my court here in King's Landing."

Neil was ecstatic how could he turn an offer like this down? "Your grace, I would be honoured to accept your invitation."

The crowd exploded into cheering. Now came Neil's moment, he had to choose his queen of love and beauty. To Neil only three women stood out, Lady Sharra of the Vale, Queen Rhaenys -mother of the newborn Prince Aenys- and a beautiful woman sitting with her family in the area where lesser nobles viewed the tourney from. She had burnt copper curls flowing down the length of her back and her eyes were bright green, she sat in a red dress encrusted with onyx. Was there any way he could choose?

Last edited:
Chapter 6 -

Neil rode Dusk along the stands and past Lady Sharra Arryn, Queen Rhaenys -She did wink at him- before stopping in front of the other girl. Neil dropped the wreath of magnolia onto her lap and she looked up. Neil rode back towards the king and asked her father -an old man- for her hand in marriage. Of course the father said yes and introduced his daughter as Siobhan (A.N pronounced Shi-Von). Neil offered his hand to her and she took it jumping up onto Dusk. Since he was the grand champion Neil and his Queen of love and Beauty Siobhan, sat at the top table. King Aegon sat in the middle with Rhaenys and Visenya on either side. On Visenya's side was Ronnel Arryn sitting beside both Visenya and his mother, Edmyn Tully and his sons and Torrhen Stark. On Rhaenys' side was Argella Durrendon, then Hand of the King Orys Baratheon. Neil was seated beside Orys and Siobhan. Neil was in awe of the legendary warrior seated to his right. Throughout the conquest Neil had heard stories of Orys and how he killed the Storm King Argliac the Arrogant in personal combat, how he took Argliac's daughter Argella as his wife after being stripped and sent out of Storm's End. Orys like Aegon were mere legends to Neil until a few days before. Neil spent the night listening to Orys' war stories and flirting with his wife to be. Just as Neil and Siobhan were about to leave King Aegon intercepted Neil.

"Your Grace." Neil bowed

"Rise Ser Neil, Here is your second prize for tonight" King Aegon handed Neil a bag filled with gold dragons.

"Second prize your Grace?" King Aegon nodded at Siobhan.

"Good travels Ser Neil" King Aegon returned to the feast.

Neil took Siobhan back to his room in the local inn. Neil led her to the bed.

"I'm not sure if we should do this." Siobhan said "The seven say we should wait until we are married."

Neil told her "We'll be married soon enough, I'm sure the Gods won't care." Neil began to passionately kiss her and they fell onto the bed.

It was weeks later when they got married. It was a small occasion, held in a garden outside King's Landing. Both lived happily for seven months. Paterson & Co. where making huge profits and had made global supply lines of Volantene wine and Tyroshi armour. Neil even had his own boat constructed. It was a remodeled dromond, its two lower decks made for storage and beds for the crew. Neil named it Black Magic. Gerion had become Neil's right hand man over the months and was made Captain of Wytt's former vessel Ruby Waves. Neil also purchased a manor that was situated on Aegon's hill. Neil had become a regular fixture at court, his learned mind making him an advisor to Lord Orys Baratheon. Neil had been with Lord Orys when the news that a man in the Stepstones had named himself Emperor of the Ocean. His fleet was huge over three hundred light warships. Lord Orys was troubled by this and Neil cautioned rash action from the King or Orys. He suggested to build up the Royal Fleet, and commission the Vale to rebuild their fleet. It was another two months until the first batch of dromonds and their light ship escorts were finished. It was then when the so called "Emperor's" first attack happened. A huge fleet of light ships fired flaming ballistae into the Rosby harbour. King Aegon could wait no more after the attack he sent out his entire fleet with supplements from the traders in King's Landing, as well as the Velaryon fleet. Still only half as strong as large as the enemy but still formidable. King Aegon summoned Neil to his solar. He wanted Neil to command the traders in the upcoming battle. Neil was taken aback. To command such a huge fleet was a gargantuan task one he would need to think about.

Neil retired that night to his manor where he told Siobhan what he was being asked to do. Neil and Siobhan had been trying for a baby since their marriage and hadn't succeeded yet. They tried again that night and Neil wrote his will.

"On the event of my death, I, Ser Neil Paterson do bequeath unto my heir all my worldly possessions and my share of the company Paterson & Co."

Chapter 7 -

Neil had decided to accept the King's offer and was now leading the ships of all the traders into battle. Gerion was Neil's second in command and was sailing the Ruby Waves next to Black Magic. The first sign of combat came when a flaming arrow pierced the main sail of Black Magic. Neil ordered the archers to port side and told them to draw. Neil withheld the order to loose until the last moment. The warship opened fire on the fleet and Neil's archers made short work of the attacker. Suddenly the boat was thrown sideways and ropes were thrown aboard. Pirates boarded the ship and began hacking the crew to pieces. Neil charged the closest pirate to him and locked blades. Neil swung his blade toward the neck of the pirate but it was parried. The pirate counter-attacked but Neil stepped inside his guard and pushed him away. Neil leaped and slashed at the pirates shoulder, the blade connected and the pirate fell to the ground. (A.N http://youtu.be/61jiwHn_-vs?t=20s) Neil engaged two pirates who were attempting to burn the main sail. Neil stabbed at the first one but the pirated dodged and cut into Neil's side. Neil was in agonising pain. The second pirate then stabbed him in the chest and kicked him to the ground. (A.N You guys are so lucky they didn't kill Neil!)

Neil was hospitalised for six months. While he was out of action, Vhagar the Greatheart had slain the Emperor of the Ocean. Black Magic had survived the fight but needed heavy repairs. Gerion emerged unscathed from the fighting, although Fraser died with an arrow through his neck. Siobhan was heavily pregnant by this point and was not far from birth. King Aegon's second daughter was born as well, she was named Vaelaena. Prince Aenys had been betrothed immediately after the baby was born. Lord Orys and King Aegon had visited regularly, both feeling that it was their fault for Neil's injuries, if Orys had acted quicker the battle would not have taken place. Aegon felt that if he had taken Balerion he could of burned them all.

Neil was finally strong enough to leave the infirmary in early July. Neil's child was going to be born any day then. Neil saw Black Magic fully repaired and he traversed the street of steel to near the top where he bought a new sword and a new set of plate armour enameled black.

On July fourteenth 3AL, a son was born to Neil and Siobhan Paterson named Andrew.

Last edited:
Chapter 8 -

Neil had made the decision that as soon as Siobhan was strong enough he would head to the Vale to see his parents. Neil had not seen them since he had left near three years before. Andrew was Neil's double. Andrew had bright hazel eyes and a small layer of fine dark brown hair covering his scalp. Neil could see the that when he was older his son would be very attractive. Andrew was a big child, big enough that Neil needed to cradle him in the entirety of his arm below the shoulder. Neil asked Lord Orys, who he had felt had become a friend, for some men to guard the carriage his wife was taking. Orys agreed and sent Ser Jon Badics along with four men-at-arms to aid Neil. Neil traveled in the middle of February of 4AL. It didn't take long for trouble to appear. Seeing the guard on the carriage the men that attacked must have thought it was carrying a valuable cargo. The first signs of combat were when an arrow pierced the side of the carriage. Neil seeing that his wife and child were in danger charged forward. Within five seconds Neil had decapitated one assailant and impaled another. This feat proved that his victory at the Grand Tourney of January 2AL was not a fluke. Realising that when one man can kill two men that quickly it wasn't a good idea to stand their ground the outlaws fled. Jon and Neil compared childhoods as they traveled through the Bloody Gate. Jon talked of how his ancestor had been one of the knights that took the Eyrie for the Arryn's and how his father had taught him in the ways of combat. He described how twice he was looked over for lordships when they were open. He seemed quite bitter about that, Neil arrived at his family home and introduced Andrew to his mother and father. Both were smitten with their grandson. Serious matters arose that night of Andrew's welfare. The grandparents said that with the amount of intrigue going on in King's Landing, Andrew would be safer in the Vale with them than with Neil.

Last edited:
Chapter 9 -

Neil accepted his parent's offer, and although it had been hard, Neil knew that King's Landing was just too dangerous for a baby.

Upon his return to King's Landing Neil was met by Gerion. Apparently Lord Loren Lannister was planning to hold a feast during the summer. Lord Loren commissioned Paterson & Co. to obtain some Pentoshi cheeses and wines from Dorne, Lord Loren preferred the Dornish reds to Arbor Gold, or as Lord Loren referred to it the "Ichor of Deceit".

The journey to Pentos went well, the seas were calm and any pirates knew better than to sail this far from the Stepstones, especially with the defeat of their False King less than a year prior. Black Magic made it to Pentos, and Neil dined with one of the cheese merchants for supper that night. Neil sailed back a month later, with the cheese for a cheap price, Neil had a way with words that no man or woman could resist. When Black Magic was docked a hooded man approached Neil,

"If you give a man a name, he will eliminate it. For a price of course."

"Friend you have had clearly too much too drink, please find an inn! Rest your head, Relax!" Neil pushed man away and walked towards the offices while his crew unloaded the ship.

Gerion was already back, the Dornish reds in the storeroom, and a Dornish woman on his lap.

"Oh YES!"

Neil coughed

"Hey boss!" The Dornish woman was launched across the room as Gerion stood up faster than he had ever seen him move before

"Just to tell you, the cheeses are in the harbour, please make sure they are stored properly

"Yeah sure boss" Gerion was turning scarlet, the Dornish woman was just recovering from being thrown.

"And for the Seven's sake, put your cock away before any customers come in!" Neil walked away with a chuckle

Chapter 10 -

To his highness King Aegon,

Wildlings are invading. Please make haste to the wall as the Nightswatch are not strong enough to hold it. The wildling host numbers near ten thousand. Without your help we shall surely fail.

May your reign be industrious and peaceful

Lord Commander Bryan Dea of the Nightswatch

King Aegon read the words aloud at court before all knights and nobles in King's Landing. As he finished a small smile crept upon his face. The King had been bored since the Conquest. Not eve the birth of his daughter Elaena last year, and the birth of Maegor this last month had caught the King's attention.

King Aegon announced to the Lords in attendance "Prepare your men! We begin our march north in two months time!"

And so it was four months from then that Neil was approaching the wall as part of Lord Orys' hearthtroop. It was freezing! Neil did not know how any man could give up all the benefits of women, land and children to live here.

Upon our host reaching Castle Black, the sights were truly grim. Men left lying bleeding on the snow, a mound of bodies lying near the blacksmith's forge. Lord Commander Bryan, greeted us and showed us to the gate of Castle Black and asked that a shield wall be formed here. King Aegon agreed and took flight on Balerion to the top of the wall where he scanned the enemy lines. It appeared as if nothing was amiss, but upon closer inspection he could see the Wildings hidden just inside the tree line.

It was later that night when the war horn sounded. All ten thousand wildlings were storming towards the gate. Aegon took the centre of the shield wall with Neil on his oft and Orys on his right. the first wilding through was a huge wall of meat, that carried a gargantuan club. He charged right into Neil's shield and became a hedgehog of spears and swords. The self styled 'King Beyond the Wall' engaged Neil near two hours into the battle. The savage roared into the tunnel swinging his axe high above his head and into all that opposed him. Neil ran forward stabbed at the King. It wasn't effective though and soon Neil was back-pedalling to avoid the swings of his opponents axe. Neil studied the aggressive style being employed and eventually found its weakness. The King needed range or else his axe would be useless. Neil took advantage of this by rolling under the next swing of his foe, before kicking him in the stomach, and bashing his head with his shield. The King was dazed and Neil intended to finish him off. Neil stabbed the King in the leg, forcing him down onto one knee. Neil grabbed the axe from his hands and swung it around his head and down onto the soon to be former 'King Beyond the Wall"'s neck.

The sickening crunch made all the wildlings stop and watch as the head fell free from its body. Two blasts from a war horn later and all the wildlings fled.

Chapter 11 -

I am happy. As happy as a boy could be. I must be the happiest boy in the world, because I have just turned six! I get to go to the capital and be trained by father! Last time he was here, he gave me a wooden sword. I always have it with me. My grandfather always plays heroes with me. My favourite is father, grandfather likes to go Selwyn Mirror-Shield. I got a letter from father last night, he said he was trying to find a girl for me to marry. EWWWW! Why would I want to marry a stupid and yucky girl? Maybe if I show the Dragon man that i'm really smart, strong and brave he'll make me a member of the white knights. You know, the Whiteguards, the Kingscloaks. That would be great! I wouldn't need to marry an icky girl then. Maybe the Dragon man will give me one f his dragons and I can just have it eat all the girls. Yeah! I should do that! I hope I make friends when i'm learning from father. Maybe the princes will be my friends!

I bet I'll become father's squire when I get there! I'll help him fight and get him ready for fights! Maybe father will take me around the Seven Kingdoms. I really want to see Dorne, because apparently they have skin that's brown. I think that's really strange, no one here has brown skin!

I just can't wait!

((For those you can't tell this chapter was told from Andrew, Neil's son's perspective))

Chapter 12 -

It was four years since Neil had left Andrew with his grandparents, King's Landing was too dangerous. Neil and Siobhan traveled up for three months every June. Andrew had come on leaps and bounds. He was tall for his age, and was very intelligent. His body was muscular even at that age and Neil had even had him training with dulled steel during his last visit.

King's Landing was in panic. As Prince Aenys had been growing up people noticed how unhealthy and weak he was. He was oft sick and confined to his bed. Many claimed that Aenys must be a bastard, how could King Aegon father such an unworthy heir. However people didn't speak out as he was the only male heir of King Aegon. Now that Maegor was born and seemingly possessing immense strength and size, the unhappiness came to a head. Prince Aenys, heir to all Westeros had been kidnapped. The kidnapper was none other than Aemond Sunglass, brother of Lord Rhaegar Sunglass who had served house Targaryen for decades. King Aegon was to make Maegor his heir and write Aenys out of his will, finally Aemond was to be given amnesty. Although they publicly condemned Aemond Sunglass's actions, privately some Lords agreed with the traitor and hoped King Aegon would surrender to his terms.However that was not yo be. King Aegon sent Lord Commander Vhaegar of the Kingsguard, Neil and Ser Owen Tyrell to arrest him. The trio landed in Sweetport Sound with a few hundred men. Neil took command of the vanguard and adressed his men.

"Archers, don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a battle, let it begin and end here!"
"Infantry, may the seven smile upon you for this could get messy!"

Neil sat upon Dust in his black armour. It was a calm morning, and judging by the locked gates to the castle, it was going to be a bloody one. The infantry advanced on the gates. The garrison of the castle fired their shortbows falling short of the advancing line. The Crown's longbowmen fired with flaming rags attached to their arrows. The better quality bows of the King's personal levy, won the ranged battle, nearly every arrow that hit its mark caused a traitor's death. The enemy archers were thrown into disarray by the flames that had engulfed the walls and began retreating. When the battering ram pushed through the gates Neil charged forward with his personal conroi of cavalry. Ser Aemond rode out and faced Neil in personal combat. Dust galloped forward and Neil leapt from his saddle straight at Ser Aemond.

Neil first blow ricocheted off of Ser Aemond's sheild and killed an enemy soldier. Neil parried Ser Aemond's counter-attack and riposted. Ser Aemond dodged but swung at the same time connecting with Neil's bad shoulder. The pain shot through him and he collapsed onto the ground and his shield rolled free. Aemond slashed down with great power but just as it was about to connect Neil rolled left, and stood up ready to continue the fighting. Neil did not emerge unscathed though. His face was now disfigured by a vicious cut across his face. Neil locked blades with Aemond again but this time invigorated by the pain, he managed to push the traitor back. stepping forward he swung his sword into Aemond's shield and sent him sprawling. Neil did a two-handed over head swing.
Aemond parried the blow and kicked Neil back. Surging forward the traitor stabbed Neil in the leg.

Neil collapsed to one knee and said "You should know, no man kills me and lives!"

Neil charged forward and pushed Ser Aemond to the ground. Neil struck down but Aemond could not defend in time. The blade sunk into Ser Aemond's wrist and severed the hand. Grabbing Aemond by the neck, Neil hoisted him up and onto Dusk which was waiting nearby. Neil marched into the keep with his men and found Aenys locked in a cupboard. Lord Rhaegar was found in the dungeon. He recounted his brother's vile deeds and condemned him as a common brigand and traitor to the realm, and should be treated as such. Later all of the chief officers that served Aemond were pardoned, which helped bring order to the lordship.

Chapter 13 -

I was in awe. My first time seeing King's Landing in the flesh. I wandered through the streets holding the hand of a man named Gerion. I was visiting his parents for his sixth nameday and apparently he would be a big brother soon! I asked Gerion if I could go into the jewelers and buy something for the new baby. Gerion agreed and Andrew using the purse of money that his grandfather had given him. I bought a silver chain and continued to my new home on Aegon's Hill. When I arrived at the house I saw my father and ran up to give him a hug.
Andrew put down the journal. This was one of his fondest memories. Now he no time for buying items for his sister. He was currently in the most important years of his life. Now that he was ten he was training with live steel, although a tad young Andrew was more agile and strong than most other boys his age. Andrew had been his father's squire for the last two years however now he also did extra training with the knights in the Red Keep. He had found using a longsword was too light and was not heavy enough. Andrew favoured bastard swords, the additional weight allowing for large cleaves through enemy parries. He was also taking part in regular classes with the Grand Maester alongside Prince Aenys, Maegor, Durran Baratheon and his brother Mychal. Andrew was excited about the potential prospect of working in the King's army, according to father both he and Lord Orys had been monitoring a situation in the Reach. Lord Owen Tyrell who had attended a tourney in Horn Hill when he got into an altercation with Ser Hectyr Florent, in which Ser Hectyr died. Now the Florents demand justice and Lord Owen's head, the Tyrells understandably are hesitant. Both parties petitioned to the King. King Aegon decided to support neither but did not put any sanctions on trading. As a test Neil asked Andrew who should they trade with, Andrew showing the mental dexterity that he possessed stated that they should trade with the Tyrell's as they have a greater amount of soldiers, so not only will they be able to sell more but the wealth of Highgarden they can also sell for a greater price.