• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Grand Historian

Pretentious Username | Iaponia Lead Dev
83 Badges
May 13, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
Much like with the Idea Suggestion Compilation Thread, this thread will be one for achievements; both for archiving purposes and to hopefully help the devs and other user to find them easier. I'll do my best to copy any ones I see here, but if I've missed any or if you have any ideas of your own, please feel free to contribute (specific details would be appreciated)!

• 2Like
Reactions:
From @Milan23, retrieved from here:

Leif's legacy - As Norway own all North Sea islands and Vinland as s colonial nation and own all of Canada and Hudson Bay as colonial provinces

• 1Like
Reactions:
From @SignedName, retrieved from here:

Neon Genesis Jagiellon: As Poland/Commonwealth, maintain the Jagiellonian dynasty and successfully pacify the Sejm (reform out of Elective Monarchy).

• 2Like
Reactions:
From @Sian, retrieved from here:

The Unexpected Emperor: Become Holy Roman Emperor as a Coptic or Orthodox Nation.

• 3Like
Reactions:
From @JKiller96, retrieved from here:

In West Philadelphia Born and Razed: As a steppe horde, raze the province of Lenape. (Fresh Prince)

Emperor Kong: As Kong, become Empire rank. (Like "King Kong")

We Are the Champions: As Champa, own or have subject all of the south east asia region. (Queen Reference)

The Four Oirat: As Oirat, have 4 colonial nations. (The Oirat federation was known as 'the Four Oirat')

Hungry Hungry Hungary: As Hungary, own and core the starting territories of Austria, Bosnia, Bohemia and Salzburg (Unite the Austro-Hungarian empire as Hungary, pretty much. Also Hippos.)

Lion From the South: As Bavaria or the Palatinate, have a personal union over, or own as cores, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway. (They start with the same dynasty. Reference to Lion from the North)

Oh, Mantua!: As Mantua, own or vassal the Oman region/area. (Pun, Oman, Oh mantua)

Austrasia: As Austria, have a colonial nation in Australia (Australia would be literally austrian asia)

Land of the Rising Sun: As Sadiya or Koch own and core or have vassal all of the Japan region. (Koch and Sadiya's flag are suns.)

Last one, and my personal favorite;

Guge is HUGE: As Guge, own and core the Tibet region. (Rhymes)

Also from @Seven Sulivin:

Goths Got Gotland: Convert Gotland to Gothic culture.

• 1Like
Reactions:
From @rustwat, retrieved from here:

China Girl: As Ming or Qing have a female ruler
From Russia with love: As Russia own London
Venice of the North: Have the most trade power in the Venice node as Holland or the Netherlands
Goodbye my Love: Have your king outlive your queen

From @PyroTech11, retrieved from here:

Candara: Candar is the colonial overlord of Colonial Canada

From @vfmikey, retrieved from here:

Galicia polaca: As Cataluna own and control Galicia and Volhynia

The End of Land: As Britanny own and control Finistere, Cornwall and Galicia

All of these retrieved from an old thread in the main forums:

From @Reboundingdice:
Bahmanis Bahamas: Own all the Caribbean islands that make up the Bahamas as Bahmanis

From @ThePatriotOfDreumel:
Nobody expects the Dutch inquisition!: As the Netherlands, own all of Iberia and convert it to Reformed/Protestant.

From @PhroX:
Orange Jews - As the Netherlands, have Judaism as your state religion.

From @ampren7a:
Hi, Malaya! - As Malaya own all provinces surrounding Himalaya wasteland

From @generalolaf:
"Norn Iron": starting as Tyrone, directly own all Iron provinces

U-Tsang Clan - Starting as U-Tsang, conquer China

From @donmolu:
Deus Vult! : As Kingdom of Jerusalem, conquer Middle East region and convert it to Catholic faith.

From @Apollyonna:
Battlestar Galicia: As Galicia have the largest navy

From @nephilim2k:
One does not simply walk: As Aragon, own Mordor directly with a land link to the capital

From @Rudge:
"Preach Water and drink Wine" - Have the Humanist idea group and be production leader in slaves.
"The Empire strikes back" - Lose a coalition war while beeing a kingdom, then become an empire and win a coalition war.
"The Return of the King" - From Spain. As Arago(r)n.
"MuSlim Shady" - As a muslim nation finish the espionage idea group.
"Itza me, Mario" - As Itza own all of Italy.
"Willi Wanka" - As Wanka have the "trading in chocolate" modifier.

From @Cragspyder:
First We Take Manhattan, Then We Take Berlin: As Pequot, Lenape, Susquehannok or Mahican, own both Manhattan and Berlin.

The Hardest Buton to Bhutan: As Buton, own the provinces of Buton, Butuan, Butuna, Butua and Bhutan.

From @FlameToad:
Lawrence of Arabia - Start as England and form Arabia

From @falcorosso:
You stay HeRE! - As a non latin culture state, keep Italy in HRE

From @JimboJJ26:
Senator Palatinate - As The Palatinate, take the espionage idea group and become Holy Roman Emperor.
America's Hat - As the USA, have Canada as a vassal.
Latin Empire - Reform Byzantium as an Italian cultured nation.
Mon Dieu! - As France, own Rome, Jerusalem, and Mecca while being defender of the Catholic faith.
United States of What? - As Flanders, have a colonial nation in Colonial Eastern America.
To Boldly Go... - As a native tribe, be the leader of a federation and own a colony in Africa or Asia.
Urban Urbino - As Urbino, own 10 cities with at least 40 development each.
...With Thunderous Applause - Start as a republic and unite the HRE.
Arumba's Adjustments - As the USA, take the espionage idea group and support rebels in Sweden or Scandinavia.

From @zkarOskar:
Danzig Danzig revolution - Have a revolution as Danzig

From @doktorstick:
Crimea River - As Crimea, have cores on all provinces that the Nile traverses.

From @MetalTaberna:
Poland Can Into Spice - as Poland, own all spice-producing provinces.

From @BrokenSky:
Kingmaker: Have the highest participation on the winning side of a succession war as an ally

From @RedBstrd:
It's Always Sunni in Philadelphia - As a Sunni Muslim nation, own the province of Philadelphia (Lenape) either directly or through a colonial nation, plus convert it to the Sunni faith.

(I'm going to stop here, elsewise I'll be copying achievements from this thread all day.)

Last edited:
Reactions:
My own:

White Knight - As Catholic Hungary with only your starting provinces, be Defender of the Faith, have no AE, and ensure there are no Ottoman provinces in Europe
Tenka Fubu - As Japan, own and core all of China and Korea
The Empire Strikes Back - As Montferrat, maintain your starting Dynasty and form the Holy Roman Empire
Heir to the Throne - Form the Mughals while having the Timurid Dynasty
Norman Reconquest - As Normandy, own and have cores on all of Normandy, England, Sicily and Naples
Albanian Albion - As Albania, own and core all of Britain
Close to the Edge - Have exactly 100% Overextension
Copt Out - As the Ottomans, be Coptic and obtain all the Patriarchal Blessings
Apocalypse Now - Form the Maya as the Aztecs
It’s Constantinople, Not Istanbul! - As Byzantium, Restore the Theme System
Knights of the Old Republic - As the Knights, have Venice as a vassal
La Serenissima - As Venice, lead a trade league of at least 20 members while the Venice node has the highest trade value
We Did Start the Fire - As a Horde, Raze the same province five times

From @wingren013, retrieved from here:

Everybody Loves to Hate: win a war against a coalition with members on at least two continents.

Lord of the Crowns: As Aragon have a personal union subject that controls Sugla and another that controls Gonder.

A New Hope: As a custom nation starting with its capital in Tataouine dismantle the Holy Roman Empire

From the sadly (seemingly) deceased other Achievement Suggestion Thread:

From @Runite Drill:
Variety is the Spice of Life: Have a vassal, march, protectorate and trade company each own a spice province.
Return of the King: As Aragon, own Gondar and have a colony in New Zealand.
The Great Canal: Form Egypt and construct the Suez Canal.
All By Myself: Win an independence war without any foreign supporters.
Battle Pope: Become a Great Power as the Papal States.
Invincible: Win a defensive war after all of your allies rejected the Call to Arms.

Britannia: As Brittany, conquer Great Britain.
I Like to Move it, Move it: Own all of Madagascar.
Colonies of Siberia: As Muscovy, spawn the Colonialism institution.
Solidary Confinement: Have no allies for 50 years.
Merry Christmas!: Gift 3 allies at least 100 ducats on the 25th of December.

Try and Sink my Turtle Ships: As Korea, have +25% ship durability.
Best of Both Worlds: Switch sides in the Religious Leagues three times in one game.
Great Power in Everything But Name: Have 100 power projection without being a Great Power.
Chiefs of the Middle East: As Ardalan, have seven leader slots.
Cannon Fodder: Have +75% manpower recovery speed.

From @MindmyBool:
The wizard of Copt: Establish a coptic Theocracy and eliminate all other forms of Christendom.

From @Vetgirig:
Vacation Paradise: Start as Maldives and own the islands of Canaries, Madeira, Baleares, Scio, Naxos, Cyprus, Crete, Hawaii, Gotland, Turks islands, Jamaica, Haiti, Barbados and Bermuda.

From @webknut:
Trade hoarding: As a horde nation control at least 50% of trade in English Channel, Genoa and Venice

From @Milan23:
Greater than Alexander - Form Greece and have Greece, Anatolia, Mashriq, egypt, arabia, persia, khorasan and samarkand as core provinces

Black Sea bandits - As Crimea own the entire Black Sea coastline

Bow to me, Osmanoglu - As Bosnia own Constantinople as a core province and have the Ottomans as a vassal

Home sweet home - As the Mamluks own the Crimean and Caucasian regions as core provinces

Arabs? What Arabs? - as Tlemcen own all of North Africa as core provinces and convert it to Berber

Back to our roots - Form Animist Malaya and have all provinces is Malaya and Indonesia as Animist

This is the way to India - As the Timurids form the Mughals

Prussia of the East! - As Nepal form Hindustan and have 125% discipline

The Hanseatic League - As Lubeck own Lubeck, Hamburg, Bremen, Ostfriesland, Sjaeland, Stettin, Danzig, Memel, Riga and Neva, Holland, Antwerpen as core provinces and the Lubeck trade node is the highest value trade node in the world.

From @AirikrStrife:
Winter's Home: Form Tibet and own every province with arctic climate (could otherwise be an achievment for Iceland?)
Ocean of Wisdom: Form Tibet and have a port
Rooftop of the world: Form Tibet own and have cores on the tibetan plateau, bhutan, nepal and gharwhal

The Raven's jest: Play as Haida and win a war against a western nation
The Raven's path: As Haida own and have a core on the Cascadia region and the Kamchatka area

Second Exodus: Play a jewish customs nation with no more than five provinces, of which none is allowed to be located in asia, own and have cores on Palestina and convert it to judaism

Rome by the Euxine: As Georgia, Wallachia, Moldova, Theodoro or Armenia, Hold Constantinople as a core province and have empire rank.

Source of the Nile: As An egyptian or nubian nation conquer the great lakes region

From @ScienceDan:
Carthago delenda est - As a horde, raze province 341 (Tunis)

From @The_Serpent:
Nevers Gonna Give You Up: As Nevers, own core province Lancashire and Asturias.

From @Martin_Mortyry:
Make America Great Britain Again: As Great Britain, release your colonial nation in Colonial Eastern America and reconquer it.

Crimea River: As Crimea, own every province connected to the Don River.

From @ajsieg:
It's Elsass not Alsace: As Alsace own all of the French Region and convert Paris to Swabian.

From @Alfray Stryke:
Tusken Raiders: As Morocco, Tlemcen, Tunis or The Knights, form Tuscany and own the Sahara.

From @SquidsForKids:
Still in the fight: As the Timurids remain a Great Power for 100 years
Family Ties: Form Byzantium as Montsferrat
Elephant King: As Kanem Bornu Own all Ivory provinces and have Ayuthaya as a vassal
Crossroads: As Yemen Control the Yeman Area and have Jewish, Christian, and Muslim provinces in it
Protect ALL the Holy Cities(not in love with the name): As Hedjaz own and core all holy cities (Rome, Constantinople, Antioch, Alexandria, Judea, Medina, Kandy, Lhasa, Luoyang, Patna, Varanasi, LIma, Cholula, Sotuta, Doaba)
Spotty Coverage: As East Frisia Remove 15 non-continuous provinces from the HRE
Arctic Warfare: As Muscovy killl 1 million enemy troops in one war through attrition alone

From @Hipster_on_Ice:
The Kuribbean - As Kurland have a colonial nation in the Caribbean

From @rho:
Darien Do: Complete the Panama Canal as Scotland
Put This One On Ice: Form Iceland and own all glacier provinces.
Growing Up Together: As a country that is not a great power, ally another country that is not a great power in 1444 and maintain the alliance until you are the top two great powers and have 100 trust.
The King of Kong: As Kong, vasalise Kongo, own Kongu and Hong Kong (Canton), and have a government rank of kingdom.
Delhi Counter: As Delhi, embrace the Counter Reformation.

Reactions:
From @Seven Sulivin, retrieved from here:

Killer Queen - Full annex a nation in a Queen regency
A Scandel in Bohemia - As Bohemia, have a king called Sherlock with the scholar and free thinker traits

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good stuff on making this thread. I got too busy to babysit my own, so I'll "pass the honour" onto you.

While I'm here, I may as well throw some suggestions in...

People's Republic of China: Own Beijing whilst having the Peasants Republic government form.
Mutapan Gold: As Mutapa, own all the Gold provinces in Africa.
The Black Market: Have a Trade Company control over 50% of trade in a node without it owning any natural harbours, centres of trade or estuaries.
Bad Pope: As the Papal States, join the Protestant League.
Eureka!: Embrace an Institution which did not spawn inside your country within a year of it spawning.
Inflation is Just a Number: Have over 20% inflation.
The True Roman Empire: As Byzantium, dismantle the Holy Roman Empire.

Good luck!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Good stuff on making this thread. I got too busy to babysit my own, so I'll "pass the honour" onto you.

While I'm here, I may as well throw some suggestions in...

People's Republic of China: Own Beijing whilst having the Peasants Republic government form.
Mutapan Gold: As Mutapa, own all the Gold provinces in Africa.
The Black Market: Have a Trade Company control over 50% of trade in a node without it owning any natural harbours, centres of trade or estuaries.
Bad Pope: As the Papal States, join the Protestant League.
Eureka!: Embrace an Institution which did not spawn inside your country within a year of it spawning.
Inflation is Just a Number: Have over 20% inflation.
The True Roman Empire: As Byzantium, dismantle the Holy Roman Empire.

Good luck!

Thank you! I'll do my best to keep this alive.

(Also, maybe Papal Primacy would be a more ironic name for Bad Pope?)

I'll just add a few I came to think of, some are well just stupid in my opinion but some are semi-good?

Dutch Danes: Own all of Denmark, the Lowcountries & Germany as Denmark or the Netherlands.
New Prussian Blue: As Prussia have the Poor Uniforms modifier
The Portuguese Wedding: As Portugal have Castile & Aragon as union subjects
Space Marines: Have 40% Infantry Combat Ability as a nation with Western Units.
Moves like Jaeger: Have a leader with 6 Manuever lead an army while having Jaeger Infantry
Pyrrhic Victory: Win a war with both sides having 20 War Exhaustion
Hold the line: Win a defensive battle with less than 100 casualties

Last edited:
Reactions:
A few I'd like to suggest :p

The Rainbows Never Set on the Empire: As Ireland, own or have your subjects own all gold provinces
Peace Keeper: Starting as a one province minor, become a great power without starting any offensive wars
The Swiss Guard: As Switzerland, do not gain or lose any provinces until 1821. (Vassals/subjects allowed)
The Heavenly Kingdom: Convert all of China to a Christian faith

Also to the Devs ever read these forums?

Reactions:
Also to the Devs ever read these forums?

Yep; if you check out the NI Suggestion Compilation Thread, you can see Trin comments quite frequently.

Reactions: