• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Grand Historian

Pretentious Username | Iaponia Lead Dev
83 Badges
May 13, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
Much like with the Idea Suggestion Compilation Thread, this thread will be one for achievements; both for archiving purposes and to hopefully help the devs and other user to find them easier. I'll do my best to copy any ones I see here, but if I've missed any or if you have any ideas of your own, please feel free to contribute (specific details would be appreciated)!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Also a more relevant one (though it's quite similar to Mehmet's Abition)
"Magnificent Test-Drive" - As Ottomans, use Guns of Urban to breach the walls of Constantinople, Cairo, Pest, Wien and Rome before Tech 7 loses ahead of time penalty (before 1492)

• 4Like
Reactions:
Because of the color swap of Tlemcen and Portugal, I thought this would be a fitting achievement for Tlemcen, as a counterpart to "All Blue", to return Portugal to its old green now used by Tlemcen.

Old Habits Die Hard: Starting as Tlemcen, conquer Portugal.

Requirements: Conquer all land owned by Portugal at game start, and ensure that Portugal does not exist.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Latin Claimant of Byzantium: Starting as Montferrat, form the Latin Empire and then Byzantium.

The way this achievement works is that Montferrat has to make several tag changes without changing her ideas. First form Jerusalem, second complete the crusader mission "The Latin Empire" and form that empire by event, and lastly form Byzantium after completing 21 ideas to unlock Montferrat idea 7: "Last Claimants of Byzantium."

Edit: As of 1.35.1, the Latin Empire is not an end game tag.

Free man of the steepe.

As a cossak estate breakaway state control every steepe province in Europe and have -20 national unrest.
(Also add Cossak Hetmanate as a formable nation)
(Also fix flag generation of estate breakaway states, make it similar to random new world flag generation)

From servant to overlord
As a dhimmi estate breakaway state, conquer arabia region, while also not being of a muslim religion

Backfired independence or Absolutist Janissaries or The Janissary Sultanate
As a Janissaries breakaway state have 100 absulutism and 100% crownland.

Maratha estate breakaway state and Rajput breakaway state could also get their own achievements, but I can't think of good ideas.

Much like with the Idea Suggestion Compilation Thread, this thread will be one for achievements; both for archiving purposes and to hopefully help the devs and other user to find them easier. I'll do my best to copy any ones I see here, but if I've missed any or if you have any ideas of your own, please feel free to contribute (specific details would be appreciated)!
"The One Piece Israel"
As Israel be a pirate republic

• 2Like
Reactions:
Pride Month - Starting as Cusco, ally Transoxiana and have either you or Transoxiana occupy Nogay while Nogai does not exist. You may form Inca.

Cusco starts with a rainbow on their flag, and the modern flag of Cusco (which unofficially represents modern Incans in general) looks really similar to the pride flag. Allying Transoxiana and destroying Nogai are just puns on their names.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Middle Eastern Edition

Mamluks of Delhi: As Mamluks, for Delhi (or the other way around)

Reference to the Mamluk Sultanate of Delhi, the first dynasty of this long-lasting Muslim state in India

Said and Done: As Oman, own all colonized provinces in the Zanzibar trade node before 1500

Should be a rather hard achievement, and aside as a reference to the phrase also invokes Said bin Sultan, under which the Omani Empire arguably reached its apogee

Musha-cha-cha: As Mushasha, own all provinces in Cuba (subjects do not count)

A pun on the Cuban dance. Also forces an Exodus from a country that usually does not do such a thing.

Sharif to Caliph: As Hejaz, unite Islam

Who is more deserving of restoring the Caliphate than the Sharif of Mecca? And no, no other countries can be formed.

1001 Knights: Form Arabia and employ 1001 cavalry regiments

Arabians had strong cavalry, so lean into that and drown your enemies in a sea of horses. (Become a Horde for extra funsies)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Rex Regum: As Byzantium, Trebizond, or Rome, own and core the entire Persia subcontinent.

The title Rex Regum should mean "King of Kings" like Shahanshah does, so this is both a pun on the DLC name and a reference to the ancient Roman-Persian rivalry.

Byzantium or Trebizond might be changed to "As a Roman successor or Rome."

• 2Like
Reactions:
Burger Qing: as Qing, have the country modifier Trading in Livestock.

I know we already have Qing of China (same pun), but there's only three achievements related to trading bonuses and I think this would work well for a Qing campaign.

León S. Kennedy: release and play as León in 1444, own every province in Western Europe/Europe whose name starts with an "s" and have a colonial subject own Mayaca (4625).

León is probably the strongest releasable nation in Iberia, yet somehow Asturias got an achievement earlier than them while they have nothing. This little hommage to one of Resident Evil's most loved characters can fix that. The "own every province whose name starts with an s" bit is obviously related to his middle initial, which Capcom isn't afraid of making puns out of (there's an achievement in Resident Evil 2 involving completing his story with an S rank that's called Leon "S." Kennedy).
I also suggested the "own Mayaca" condition because that's roughly where Cape Canaveral (formerly known as Cape Kennedy) is located and because it encourages the player to make use of the colonist they'll get through León's national ideas, even though it has little to do with the character we are trying to reference here.

Last edited:
Reactions:
He Will Always Be Ajam - Starting as Ajam, do not form another country and become a production leader of Gems while owning no provinces that produces Coal until 1750.

God, Syria, Bazaar - Starting as released Syria in 1444, own all syrian core provinces (close to modern borders shape) and have max level of trade building in every one of it.

Last edited:
Reactions:
The Unknown Colonizer : As Livonian Order :form Courland and colonize Tobago
The Opportunist Pretender :As Ajam form Timurids
Kurdistan is not a geographical notion, Metternich ! As Ardalan own all the Kurdish lands
Vengeance for Jeanne ! : Start as Orléans , make sure that Burgundy, England and Britanny dont exist and their capitals own by you.

• 1Like
Reactions:
We're So Hungary: As Hungary, be the world's leading producer of Grain, Fish, or Livestock.
Charlemagne's Ambition: As a French or Germanic-culture country, control all of France, Germany, Lotharingia, and Northern Italy.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Some historical ones:

The Voyages of Zheng He: While holding the Mandate of Heaven, have provinces in the East Indies, India, and Northern Africa regions.
Thunder-Shield: As Norway, reach 100 Naval Tradition and have a three-star admiral.
A King for All Seasons: As the Palatinate, have Bohemia as a vassal.
The Dashing King: As Shun, gain the Mandate of Heaven before 1606.
Land of the Free, Home of the Bandits: As Kazakhstan, control at least half of the Central Asia and Persia regions.
Liberty and Equality in St. Domingue: As a former colonial nation, form Haiti.

I sleep by countings sheeps : Have Qara Qoyunlu, Ardabil,Gotland and Aq Qoyunlu with all their cores with less 50% of liberty desire and be a leading producter in wool
Sacred cow : As Viyajanagar : own Hambourg, Lusatia ,Moldavia and jaffna cores.