• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Grand Historian

Pretentious Username | Iaponia Lead Dev
83 Badges
May 13, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
Much like with the Idea Suggestion Compilation Thread, this thread will be one for achievements; both for archiving purposes and to hopefully help the devs and other user to find them easier. I'll do my best to copy any ones I see here, but if I've missed any or if you have any ideas of your own, please feel free to contribute (specific details would be appreciated)!

• 2Like
Reactions:
How about these - could be fun:

Love is in the Air: playing as Air mainatin a royal marriage with at least 4 nations, each of different religion
We will sea: own at least one coastal province of every sea in the world

• 1Like
Reactions:
Invaders from the North: Starting as a Siberian Tribe, become the Emperor of China and own all of China (The Chinese Subcontinent)

Good one, but it begs for a reference to A Song of Ice and Fire there, if I may say so.

"The Walking Winter is comming from the North"?
"The North is dark and full of errants"?
"Siberian Nights"?
"For the Khan's leisure"? (i.e. Khaleesi)
"Freeze the Horde"?

"Hunnic Traditions"/"Hungary for Power"/"Attila's Eternal Conquest"- as Hungary, own 300 provinces and dismantle the HRE by 1500
(Reference to the Hunnic Empire/Tribes that dominated Europe for about 99 years when Rome was still around, lead by Attila the Hun for the most part)

"Khaan Quest"/"I Khaan't Believe It!"- as Yarkand, form the Mongol Empire and own all of the old world (Afro-Eurasia)

Last edited:
Nobody said these achievements have to be hard, but you want it harder?

Hard Gore: Create bordergore by having 5 Land Enclaves that are not opms and not vassals inside your country.

Or an even harder version:
Harder Gore: Create bordergore by having an uninterrupted country spanning from Finistere to Sakhalin with no more than 75 provinces.

And I just came up with yet another version:
Hardest Gore: Displace 10 Nations by having them completely moved out of their original primary culture area without fully annexing or vassalizing them. (could also be called something like "Home is where the heart is")

Edit: Another Idea is "Magnum Mare Nostrum". As an Italian nation own or have a vassal/colony own all provinces bordering the pacific ocean

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Turning Japanese: As any nation with capital in Manga, own or subject-own all of Japan.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Vietschnitzel: Starting as Dai Viet, own Vienna and convert it to Vietnamese culture.

(I thought of this after seeing someone point out how similar "Viennese" and "Vietnamese" sound.)

Reactions:
Sphere of co-prosperity: As Japan, own or via vassals all of China, Korea, Southeast Asia and the Pacific.

The Man in the High Castle: As Germany, devastate Delaware until it reaches 100% (reference to the atomic bombing of Washington DC in this work)

Reactions:
ALL THE ISLES:
As the Isles control and own (or have a vassal do that) all provinces on what todays definition would call islands which means: carribean, madagascar, great britain, ceylon/sri lanka, southeastasian archipelago (without australia but including new zeeland), Taiwan, Japan and all the 1P-Isles all over the oceans. Oh, and the isles in the mediterranean as well. Tag change not allowed becaus it's "the isles"

Reactions:
ALL THE ISLES:
As the Isles control and own (or have a vassal do that) all provinces on what todays definition would call islands which means: carribean, madagascar, great britain, ceylon/sri lanka, southeastasian archipelago (without australia but including new zeeland), Taiwan, Japan and all the 1P-Isles all over the oceans. Oh, and the isles in the mediterranean as well. Tag change not allowed becaus it's "the isles"
Mann have basically the same achievement already.

yeah, noticed that just now. nvm.

But just had another Idea that is a bit memey but whatever

"Doge of venice" As Japan own Venice and have the most trade there.

Last edited:
CHUCK NORRIS!!
Full-annex both Jan Mayen & Synthetics​

Chuck Norris always wins
Full-annex both Jan Mayen & Synthetics, and never lose any war until 1821​
(You must win at least 3 wars against countries that are neither Jan Mayen nor Synthetics)​

Chuck Norris, sometimes... loses
Full-annex both Jan Mayen & Synthetics, then lose a war against another country​

CHUCK NORRIS!!
Full-annex both Jan Mayen & Synthetics​

Chuck Norris always wins
Full-annex both Jan Mayen & Synthetics, and never lose any war until 1821​
(You must win at least 3 wars against countries that are neither Jan Mayen nor Synthetics)​

Chuck Norris, sometimes... loses
Full-annex both Jan Mayen & Synthetics, then lose a war against another country​

Both of these tags are specifically not-Ironman. Also, the joke got old.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Rag-USA
Form the United States, from a former Ragusan colonial nation.​
Nobody but I expected the Spanish inquisition!
As any country that is not Catholic, convert all of Spain into your state religion, while not allowing any Catholic province in your country.​
(※All of Spain = whole Iberian peninsular except portugal + all non-portuguese Iberian culture countries)​

Last edited:
"Howdily Doodily Neighborino!"- As Flanders, own and core Anatolia
(Reference to the Simpsons' character Ned Flanders, as well as being a reference to the poet/playwrite Homer, who was born someone in Anatolia [Most likely Ionia])

Reactions: