• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Grand Historian

Pretentious Username | Iaponia Lead Dev
83 Badges
May 13, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
Much like with the Idea Suggestion Compilation Thread, this thread will be one for achievements; both for archiving purposes and to hopefully help the devs and other user to find them easier. I'll do my best to copy any ones I see here, but if I've missed any or if you have any ideas of your own, please feel free to contribute (specific details would be appreciated)!

• 2Like
Reactions:
The True Faith: Have at least 10 Tolerance of The True Faith as any religion and have every owned province be of your religion.
Can you even get 10 tolerance of the true faith? From the wiki, I'm seeing eight as static modifiers, so you would have to rely on events to get the other two. Most events usually give +1 if they do, and not everybody has Byzantine ideas.

Thanks @DDRJake ! Considering some of your campaigns, do you have any suggestions? Maybe we could use one of his as a basis.

Hormuz All-Island Adventure- As Hormuz own all the islands in the world without owning a province on a mainland continent.

Can you even get 10 tolerance of the true faith? From the wiki, I'm seeing eight as static modifiers, so you would have to rely on events to get the other two. Most events usually give +1 if they do, and not everybody has Byzantine ideas.

Thanks @DDRJake ! Considering some of your campaigns, do you have any suggestions? Maybe we could use one of his as a basis.

Hormuz All-Island Adventure- As Hormuz own all the islands in the world without owning a province on a mainland continent.
Yes you can can tolerance of true faith to 10.
Though only as religions with tolerance of true faith as a bonus (I even believe fetishist has a cult that gives +2 as oposed to +1).
You would also need religious ideas (devoutness) to get an additional one, while having ToTF in traditions (Byzantium have the easiest time theoretically with it's +3 ToTF).
Theocracies also give +2 ToTF and you have a base of +3 normally.
That means most christian, Sunni, fetishist, Inti, Mayan, animist, shamanism can actually get it somewhat reliably.
3 (base) + 3 (Byzantium) + 1 (Orthodox) + 2 (Theocracy) + 1 (Religious) + 1 (ToTF Any Modifier or by becoming Fetishist and adopting the cult that give +2 ToTF) = 10
Meanwhile most high-legitimacy nations or theocratic could get it as well.
As a non-Byzantium you could achieve the same thing by I.E:
3 (base) + 2 (National Ideas of most with ToTF) + 1 (Quite a few religions) + 2 (Theocracy) + 1 Religious ideas + 2 (ToTF Any Modifier) = 10
3 (base) + 2 (National Ideas of most with ToTF) + 2 (Fetishist cult) + 1 (Legitimacy/Monastic Order) + 1 Religious ideas + 2 (ToTF any modifier) = 10
3 (base) + 2 (National Ideas of most with ToTF) + 2 (Fetishist cult) + 2 (Theocracy) + 1 Religious ideas + 1 (ToTF Any Modifier) = 10
3 (base) + 1 (National ideas) + 1 (religion) + 2 (Theocracy) + 1 Religious ideas + 3 (ToTF any modifier) = 10

If you were to make this easier you could lower it to ToTF to 9 which could make it so that a theocratic Byzantium had a sure-fire way to get it while most nations would have to rely on events.

Shan-Xi - Starting as any country of Shan culture (Ava, Mong Yang, or Hsenwi), form Shan and conquer the Shanxi area in China.

On a related note, if any dev sees this, can we please give King-rank Shan rulers the title of Saopha?

Reactions:
Toyotomi's Ambition - Own and core all of Korea and China as Japan
Corea - Own and core all of Japan as Korea
All Under Heaven - Conquer the world as any Chinese culture group nation
The Sun Always Rises on the Japanese Empire - Own London, Miwok, Coromandel, and Manga as Japan (or another group of provinces that are sufficiently spread out)
Divine Wind - Win a war as Japan in which at least 10% of your warscore came from naval battles
Endless Nation - Have the highest development and/or highest score as any North American native tribe (reference to East of West)

Reactions:
Toyotomi's Ambition - Own and core all of Korea and China as Japan

Though I've already suggested this under a different name, I think I might actually like this one more.

(Though maybe Hideyoshi's Ambition would be better if you want to be a bit closer to the title?)

Reactions:
Japan is a major nation in EU IV and the favorite one of many (Including me), and I think that Japan needs atleast one more ambitious achievement. So I present here 2 proposals.

''Isolationism'' or ''Closed country'' or... ''Sakoku / Sakoku Law''

As Japan, enforce Sakoku Law and develop all provinces in the Japanese region to atleast 50 Development.

This will be a smooth and relaxing game but will be challening if you want to expand outside of Japan. A really fun one in my opinion.. For the people who would say that its impossible to have 50 development in each Japanese province, I say no. It is possible because I did it too without expanding outside of Japan, but it is tricky :)

Oh and Paradox, I also suggest that the event 'Enforce Sakoku Law' gives some -? % Development cost because during the time of Isolationism a lot of development happend and maybe some events giving random development increase over time can be very lovely. ^^

''Bounty of the Sun''

As Japan, conquer Korea and China.

During the 16'th century, Japan was divided and wars happend all over the country until the Oda clan re-united the land and made great reforms under the rule of a warlord called Toyotomi Hideyoshi, who took the power by force. He ordered 2 campaigns to invade and conquer Korea and Ming but never succeed, so who knows what alternative history can bring in EU IV ?

But why the name you would ask me?

Well 'Hideyoshi' means ''Bounty of the Sun'' so its a reference to the plans of the original strategist who wanted to succeed such an achievement.

I hope that these suggestions will be convincing :)

EDIT : I see that my 'Bounty of the Sun'' is actually already suggested but I will leave it as it is..

Last edited:
Reactions:
A few achievements I've been thinking of

What's the point? Let's go home... - as The Knights, own the entire French region as core
Rye-azan - As Ryazan, own all provninces that produces grain
The 52 garhs - As Garwhal own and maintain 52 forts for a year without going into debt
Thaibet - as Tibet, own all of Indochina and Burma regions as core
För brödrafolkens väl - form Scandinavia and own all of Scandinavia as core
We're gonna need a bigger isle... - form Iceland and own all of Great Britain as core

Reactions:
Dalai Llama - As Tibet (alternatively, just as a Vajrayana nation), own a colonial nation in Peru

Or, to flip the idea on its head as yet another alternative

Dalai Llama - As an Andean nation, own and core Lhasa.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Germany
I read that germany does not have its own ideas, so decided to suggest some.

Traditions:
  • -10% development cost
  • -20% coring cost
Ambitions:
  • -25% culture conversion cost
Ideas:
  • +5% discipline
  • +1 colonist
  • +25% manpower
  • +7.5% combat ability

I do not know what to give Germany other than tthis as I am not very familiar with Germany during the victorian era.

The -10% development cost is to help germany develop al those woodland provinces, which germany has a lot.

-20% coring cost is to make it easier for a unifoed germany to expand through its neighbours, which a unified germany in eu4s time would more than likely do, and do it well.

-25% culture conversion cost was because germany brought the garman cultures together under its rule. (as far as im aware at least, perhaps this is a bad idea if not)

The 5% discipline was added because germany was a mighty military power. However that could have only been because prussia formed germany, otherwise i would say 10%, or 7.5%.

The 1 colonist is to encouage germany to colonise. Germany had colonies in africa during the scramble for africa, so i have no doubt had germany formed during eu4s timeline that germany would have been colonising the new world too.

25% extra manpower and 7.5% combat ability is again to make germany have strong soldiers as they had, and plentiful in numbers.

I do think they could do with some diplomatic ideas but am unsure which. Germeny brought together the european colonjsers to divide up africa, to prevent large scale wars over it.

If these ideas are terrible, dont hesitate to tell me why. Bottom line is that Germany needs some ideas to encourage people to try to form it!

Also, please excuse my terrible typing, i have sent this using my phone.

This is the achievement thread...
You want to sorta post this in the NI thread and not here.

This is the achievement thread...
You want to sorta post this in the NI thread and not here.

That might be my fault, since I named them so close to each other.

Terrible wedding - as Muscovy/Russia have PU with England/Great Brittain
Historical base - was a plan of marriage of Queen Elizabeth with Ivan the Terrible

Rum of rum - as Ottomans own or have a subject own all all province with sugar.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Historical base - was a plan of marriage of Queen Elizabeth with Ivan the Terrible

Well, now I have something new to read up on.

Birthplace of Bonaparte - As Corsica, own all provinces in the France region and reach Empire rank.

'nother one:

Trans-Siberian Railway - Starting as a Siberian clan council, hold and core Muscovy, Yaroslavl, Nizhny Novgorod, and... well, I'd need to look all the provinces up for the major stopping points (Kirov, Perm, Yekaterinburg, Tyumen, Omsk, Novosibirsk, Krasnoyarsk, Taishet, Irkutsk, Ulan Ude, Chita, Birobidzhan, Khabarovsk and Vladivostok), but you get the point

Last edited:
Kublai Khan's Revenge: As Mongolia owns and core all provinces in Japan
Conqueror of Ten Directions: As Taungu, own and core All Burma, Manipur, Laos and Thailand
Timur's Ambition: As Timurid, conquers Ming
Greater India: As Bharat or Hindustan, owns Afghanistan, Indochina and Indonesia
Venice of the East: As Ayutthaya have highest trade in Venice
Charlemagne's Legacy: As France or German nations own France, Germany, Netherlands and Italy(Northern only)
Turkestan: As Turkic Nation in Central Asia, own all Central Asian provinces with Turkic cultures.
Zhuang-Tai: As Thai culture nation(Thai, Lanna, Lao and Shan) owns Guangxi (One theory believed that Thais came from Guangxi)
Stefan Dusan's Ambition: As Serbia owns all Greece including Constantinople as core
Almohad Dynasty: As Morocco owns Granda and Southern Spain and Portuguese and convert to Islam
Kemet: As Coptic nation convert all Egypt to Coptic Christianity
Nanyue: As Dai Viet owns Guangxi and Guangdong
Nanman: As Thai culture group or Burmese owns Yunnan(reference to Three Kingdoms, Nanman were probably ancestors to either or both Tibeto-Burman or Tai Kradai groups)
Hey Slavs: As Slavic nation, own all Slavic provinces in Eastern Europe