• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Grand Historian

Pretentious Username | Iaponia Lead Dev
83 Badges
May 13, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
Much like with the Idea Suggestion Compilation Thread, this thread will be one for achievements; both for archiving purposes and to hopefully help the devs and other user to find them easier. I'll do my best to copy any ones I see here, but if I've missed any or if you have any ideas of your own, please feel free to contribute (specific details would be appreciated)!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Perfect Pitch: As Muisca, own and core Song La, La La, Lo Lo, and Melodia.

NEXT DAY EDIT:
Grape Stains: As Berry, own and core every province in the Champagne trade node.

EVEN LATER EDITS (after the likes and stuff):
Brittany Rules the Waves: As Brittany, have the highest number of heavy ships in the world.
Semper Fi: Have a Marines force limit higher than 100% of your total land force limit.
Gaeldom Reunited: As Gaeldom, own all provinces of Highlander, Irish, Cornish, Scottish, and Breton culture and have all those cultures accepted.
Ming Vases: As Ming, own every chinaware-producing province.
Hi-Malaya: Starting as Tsang, form Malaya.

(One of my goals here is to try and encourage playing various nations, mostly smaller ones.)

Last edited:
  • 2Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Europe is over there: Starting as a native tribe in American continents or Australia, ensure that all provinces in colonial regions are owned by nations that don't have colonial origins.

Starting conditions:
Is a native tribe
No custom nations exist.
Game starts at the default starting date and with default settings.

Completion conditions:
All provinces in colonial regions are owned by nations whose primary culture is in Aboriginal, Andean, Apachean, Araucanian, Aridoamerican, Caddoan, Caribbean, Central Algonquian, Central American, Chibchan, Eastern Algonquian, Eskaleut, Iroquoian, Je, Mayan, Muskogean, Na-Déné, Otomanguean, Penutian, Plains Algonquian, Siouan, Sonoran or Tupi culture groups.

The role of new world natives is to be food for Europeans so driving the colonizers out completely deserves its own achievement. It's not impossible or anything since colonial overlords don't automatically defend their colonies if the attacker is from a colonial region.

Edit: Changed the suggestion quite a bit

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Here is my Godwin point! : As Norway have all the english isles as cores and scournfully insult Prussia

Godwin was the name of the Father of Harold II of england;godwin point is fact that every debate finish to insult each other of fascist which make us why prussia should be the one insulted

Path of Radiance: As Crimea, have a general named Ike and conquer Neva

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'm not a fan of naming generals as a requirement, but I think conquering Sienna would be another very fitting requirement. It also doubles to make it a bit more interesting as an achievement to actually play.
Yeah Sienna was the other one I considered, but thought Radiant Dawn was less fitting for a conquest achievement name than Path of Radiance

Sarmatianism : Start as Poland, Form Persia and own the North Caucasus Region.

Bolivarian Revolution : As a colony break independance , unite colombia and be bankrupt

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I really enoyed playing Resident evil village. It is horror and complicated game. My favorite character is Leon Kennedy. I loved his outfits especially Leon Kennedy Vest. Furthermore, other Resident Evil Outfits are worth having in your wardrobe.

TwoFort: Own a fort in a province that is across the river from a rival's fort
A reference to the classic TF2 map, honestly shouldn't be a hard achievement

Solving Practical Problems: As Texas, have 100 innovativeness and at least 1 University in Texas
A reference to the Engineer from TF2, plus AFAIK there's currently only 1 achievement tied to Texas

Hearts of Iron 0: As either Germany or Italy, ally the other and be at war with Great Britain, France, and Russia simultaneously
This one might actually be difficult since it would require the player to get the AI to form Germany/Italy while keeping UK, France, and Russia alive. Doing this as Germany would probably be way easier.

I Am Once Again Giving You Financial Support: As Vermont, subsidize 3 nations
A reference to Bernie Sanders, who is from Vermont. A lot of new formables were added in the New World but very few achievements were made for them

Yajib Tadmir Ruma: As Tunis, scorch the entirety of Lazio-Umbria
The opposite of "Carthago Delando Est", but made more reasonable because that achievement is kind of boring. The name is Arabic for "Rome must be destroyed" since finding a way to translate into Punic is a pain, and at this point I'm pretty sure Tunisians spoke Arabic.

Wishing For A Nuclear Winter: As California, build 5 ramparts in desert provinces in the New World
A reference to the line "Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter" from Fallout: New Vegas. And again I feel like New World formables need some more achievements that aren't Surfin' USA.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Different shades of red:
As Jarai, go from a stateless society to a peasants republic

I haven't found a good name for it, but the achievement idea itself is something I really like (given it sounds a lot easier than it actually is).

Francisco Solano Lopez Revenge : Form Paraguay , ensure that the colonies from the Plata and Brazil are independant , declare war on them and win.
(Reference to the Triple Alliance War)

Salty Salé : Form Salé ,be the main producter of Salt
(In french Salé means Salted)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Since the Netherlands and the dutch get some touching up. maybe do a new dutch archivment

like the Unexpected Underdog or the 8th Province . Form the Netherlands with east frisia and keep it in the hre and make sure to stay a true republic.

(better names are welcome)

Maybe a venice one where you own all of indonesia as golden republic while be tradegood controler for spice and cloves. (Kinda wish they had a private enterpraise too would been funny)

Sadly i dont have a good naming idea for that one