• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ComradeOm said:
Article sent by pm to canonized. Not what I had intended for my AARlander début but probably more practical. Hopefully my original idea will be ready for next month's Christmas Special. We will be having a Christmas Special... right?

Thank you for your contribution ! We'll be bunching the Christmas specials into the Jan 1 edition since it's just more practical that way . So any special tidbits anyone wants to do to celebrate in between the days of Christmas and Mary Mother of God (Jan 1) will be published on Jan 1 .

Well done in making the AARlander a success this month everyone ! Good job all of the writers who contributed and once again excellent work to our INSTRUMENTALITY team ! Well done and good job again to anonymous for organizing !

:D

Interesting articles, even if I sometimes think you guys are over-analyzing stuff :p

Another great issue. Good work guys.

I especially enjoyed another installment of Estonianzulu`s analysys of AARland, as well as ComradeOm`s idea of using frames.

Great job people. On first glance, it seems like a good amount of articles with just about something for everybody.

Love the Sinterklaas cartoon :)

Will comment later in more detail.

Had a quick scan, another great issue!

I really want to give PD AF and El Pip's discussion a closer read..

When I'm not trying to update my AAR! *Bangs head on table*

Haha , we predicted the dutch and belgians might get a kick out of that one XD

Oh and Thanks , EP for all your help this month around ! You did a great job formatting most of the articles !

Also wanted to announce that I plan on expanding INSTRUMENTALITY by one article next month slowly but surely building it up . I still have the extra articles in the pocket for next month but I estimate we'll expand to six items with one more still in the pocket for the Feb issue . If anyon else would like to contribute to INSTRUMENTALITY for next month please let me know .

Just a curiosity, why keep the Instrumentality articles separate?

Estonianzulu said:
Just a curiosity, why keep the Instrumentality articles separate?

We work by a different system and it's a club activity that we do . We have different due dates for articles , for example since it's in house we usually get our articles submitted earlier than the AARlander articles to make sure we have enough to publish that month by the 25th at the latest of each month . We also edit our own stuff instead of it passing through Anon who has enough on his plate already and aside from certain agreements with anon we regulate our own content etc . The way we reservoir articles is also a bit different and a lot of it has to do with the fact that the other Tempus members , our friends and contributing authors want to make sure that should ever the AARlander not publish one month we'll be able to publish something nonetheless and maintain stability etc . We'd publish independently on our own , but we'd like to support the AARlander at this time and work together as oppossed to clutter up the metaforum .

Great issue...I really enjoyed Yog's article on swords, sometimes you never think enough about the tools of war, especially the ones so often used in storylines on this forum. And I think I recognize the Fraggle Rock dog on canonized's picture for Kurt Steiner? :)

I added a late submission by Atlantic Friend and updated the writer list to include ComradeOm.

Oh and quick correction , The Pops article was by LeonTrotsky not VILenin . Was just a weird miscommunication along the way . Funny story actually , I IMed Mr. Lenin to congratulate him and he didn't know what I was talking about haha . I don't think Mr. Trotsky has noticed yet though since he's been busy with schoolwork XD

Reading the AARlander as we speak.

For the 'three-way' conversation...it might be better to add a carriage return between each line. That way it is easier on the eyes.

Also:

AARlander said:
AF: What would you say, Pip, has been your most daunting task writing your AARs, story-wise ?

EP: My complete inability to focus on the next update.

EP: I'm always thinking too far ahead about twists or turns in events that haven't even been put in motion yet.

EP: So actually writing the updates to get the words to the same place as my ideas can occasionally feel like a chore not a pleasure.

AF: I guess we all have this feeling from time to time.

AF: Itching to reach that splendid climax we've dreamed up, and instead getting stuck with preliminary moves

PD: I think we do to a certain extent. I often find I think of a great idea, but it doesn't fit in the story right now, so I have to wait about thirty updates before I can use it.

PD: So I end up sleepwalking through whatever I'm writing at that point so I can get ahead to this excellent idea.

PD: Except then, of course, I forget the idea and I'm left with a couple boring updates.

You guys too? I don't feel so bad! For The Last Mission, I've dreamed up several scenes far in the future (like years ahead of time)...yet I haven't even introduced the main villain or one of the main protagonists (the love interest) yet. I really need to buckle down and get the next dozen updates out of the way...I end up writing down (on paper no less) the really good ideas and then refining them (or throwing them out) as time goes by.

Hmm...guess I'll have to wait for next month to hear the discussions on characterization. Oh well. Catch y'all on the cool side of the year.

On to Instrumentality! (I am writing this as I read...)

Good stuff on hero / protagonist development, AF. Some sparks of inspiration are going off...I'll have to dream about them tonight, er, I mean this morning!

Nice storm story BT!

Well...I've finished my reading...and it is far too early in the morning...!
Good night, all!
TheExecuter

Thanks everybody for yet again a great issue! :)

I'll give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what real event I based my fictitious short story off of!

The points are worth... a lot. In Kerplakistan. Where they use dung for currency.

Yeah.

General_BT said:
I'll give bonus points to anyone who can tell me what real event I based my fictitious short story off of!

The points are worth... a lot. In Kerplakistan. Where they use dung for currency.

Yeah.

tristate-tornado-lede-0807.jpg

I am still trying to decipher the alternate history, though.

Wow, that was a magnificent issue of the paper. I found Estonianzulu's article fascinating and a very positive force; not just for the analyses it contained, but for the very idea that we should consider and study the past of AARland. I was frequently struck by how AARland conflicts seem to mirror those in larger groups - the perennial fears of decline or loss of chemistry, and the continued invigorating ability of the community to transcend. Bravo, and I'll be looking forward to more.

Then immediately afterwards the fascinating three-way chat! There was a lot of really interesting stuff in there, especially in the beginning portions about making your good guy too much of a hero. Bravo! And some month when I have more free time I'd love to join in the fun there. :)

General_BT said:
In Kerplakistan.
Kerplakistan. :D

Just bumping to remind that it would be very nice if the AARlander could get some articles for the January issue!