• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reserving for now to put up my vote too.

Voting remains open until I say otherwise. ;)

Since I'm snowed under at the moment, and handily considering the turnout hitherto, I'll be extending the original deadline by two weeks. That is, I'll be announcing winners on the 14th of November.

If you haven't voted yet, why not? Do it now!

Reactions:
Last edited:
Last edited:
About two days to go until I round this thing up. I trust everyone who has reserved a ballot but is still yet to vote plans to rectify this shortly? ;)

Due to an unforeseen (but entirely enjoyable) family engagement yesterday, you may have noticed that voting notionally continued.

But you've all had your fun.

Voting is now closed and no new ballots will be accepted henceforth.

I'll have some results up as soon as is possible.

And now for the results!

This time, I took the sensible option and did things chronologically. Therefore, we start our roundup with the wonder world of Crusader a Kings II. Ten ballots were cast, down only two on last time. Here are our winners:

First place: North Sea Empire, by Shinwalks – four votes

Joint second Place: Consecrated blood waters my fields, by Avindian, Mortar and Blood, by Mr. Capiatlist, and The Kingdom of Blaland, by sansatark – three votes each

Joint third Place: All hope lies in Rome, by defensedefumer, and A Spanish Story – The Age of Old, by ibicko – two votes each

Joint fourth place: everyone else nominated; namely: The Italian Boot by Saxon125; Rule, Rohannia! by fabiolundiense; Immortal's Journey to the Stars by levithan123; Terra Nostrum by AvatarOfKhaine; Norgesveldet by Nikolai; The Glory of Aquitaine by Elden; The Ansgaar Project by Tyler45455, Kyle Lionhart et al.; Real Roman Renaissance by alscon; The Annionas of Austria by dragoon9105; Age of the Avar! by Teutonic King; The Glory That is Rome by spikeyazn, and The Tale of the House Mjóvi by G-Force – all with one vote each

Next, we move on to Europa Universalis 4. A quarter-high of 17 ballots (down four) gave us the following results:

First place: The Amsterdammer Way, by delpiero1234 – six votes

Joint second place: Stranded, by blklizard, and Empire of the Mediterranean, by Michaelangelo, et al. – five votes each

Joint third place: The Nasrids and Their Times, by Marco Oliverio and Neapolitan Nightmare, by Michaelangelo – four votes each

Joint fourth place: The Long(er) Lasting Lombards, by RedTemplar, and Shadow of Carpathia, by Crimson Drakon – three votes each

Victoria II next, where six ballots (down six) gave us the following winners:

First place: Unione, Forza e Libertà, by Attalus – four votes

Joint second place: An Eagle Rising, by wzhang29 and Under the Rising Sun, by naxhi 24, et al. – three votes each

Joint third place: Bolivàr's Dream, by Panzerfaust779, Austria: An Imperial History, by enigmamcmxc, and The Middle Kingdom, by Hethran – two votes each

Fourth place: everyone else nominated; namely: The Empire Strikes Back, Part Three by Idrendhur; Up the Euphrates and the Tigris by Attalus; Durch den Kampf, überleben Wir by Shellshocked; The Greatest Germany by TheB, and Freedom in a Box by Qwerty7 – one vote each

Hearts of Iron III, next, whose six ballots (down one) gives us a result for the purists:

Joint first place: A History of World War II, by those who fought it, by Avindian, Megali Lost, by Redtracer7 and Empire Rising – The Fourth Superpower, by Magnus Imperator Rex – two votes each​

Joint second place: everyone else nominated; namely: All Alone by Ilaruum; The Vanguard of the World's Destruction by TehDarkMiner and Sebas379; Greece: 1910–1945, History of 5 Wars by Lexar_kg; Revenge of the Dragon by Yearzero

Darkest Hour rounds off the game-specific categories. Six ballots (down four) give the following winners:

First place: The Gaitskell Years, by Densley "I'm wiring the money through now" Blair – three votes

Joint second place: For the Republic, by Patrick Harte, and A Dream which Originates from the Yellow River, by Chankljp – two votes each

Joint third place: everyone else nominated; namely: Lawrence of Britannia, by 99KingHigh; Loyal We Began, Loyal We Remain, by LordTempest; Dance With the Devil, by IconOfEvi; A very European Affair, by Panda69; The War is Not Lost, The War Will Never Be Lost! by Eric8344; The Crown Atomic, by cookfl; Black Tsar, by Vlad_Dracul1989; Prosperity Through Peace Alone, by MastahCheef117; Waves of Taheiyō to the Steppes of Eurasia, by PredalienPlush

And finally, the ever-mercurial Other category. The one ballot paper stoically submitted gives us the following winner:

Joint first place: Towards the Present We Go, by blklizard – one vote

In total, 21 ballot papers were submitted this time around, down eight from last time. This is probably down to my adoption of a more lax advertising strategy, as well as the general caprices of the seasons. Nevertheless, it's been enjoyable as ever. Thanks again to all of you who turn out every quarter to vote and support all of our authors. I'll say it again: we wouldn't be here without you. Let's see if we can't outdo ourselves next time around!

Until then,

DensleyBlair
Vice-Tsar of AARland Awards​

Reactions:
Congratulations, winners! Well deserved! Thanks to @DensleyBlair for taking care of this!

Amsterdam won? We are like 3% similar! I have to get my orange vuvuzela, Dutch flag and kaas, time for a party!

(Wohoo! This has to be celebrated with some kruidnoten!)

Reactions: